News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Off to Greece for a week. See you soon! :^_^:

Phazar

Have fun.  Greece is definitely one of those places to visit before I die.

FullOfFail

Ahh Greece. Wouldn't mind traveling there myself neither. Heard they were in dept and Germany was going to bail them out or something. Just something I randomly caught on the news, could be wrong.

Digital_Mantra

Used to watch this web series called pure pwnage but lost interest cause it was getting boring for me.
But now they got on television (showcase, canadian channel) and it's like 10x better than their webisodes.
8th episode on tonight, looking forward. Shows fuking hilarious.
Anyone seen the tv series yets? you can watch it on own3d.tv if you don't live in canada.

Silver Skree

New Mix has been posted on OverClocked ReMix. Got some good spanish guitar opening and metal action going on with the Menu theme from Prime. Recommended.

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02029/

OCR02029: Metroid Prime Samus's Lonesome Waltz OC ReMix [Menu Select]

Altzan

Anyone hear about the flooding in Tennessee/Kentucky? Yeah, I'm in Clarksville so I've gotten my fair share of water here. Thankfully my house didn't get flooded, but a few neighbors got trapped because their driveways were covered.
BTW, look what the flood did to this highway:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Had my bday on the 5th. 24 now. Didn't do much, free dinner and the limited special edition Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) boxset. CAT 05989/100000.
Enjoying the various versions and supplementary material. Good stuff. Glad to have this, wanted it for ages.

FullOfFail

You know what I'd like to get a DVD set for, those old spiderman cartoons. One of my friends got the Ninja turtles cartoon set, it's awesomeness.

Scyzer

Quote from: Altzan on May 07, 2010, 12:42:35 AM
BTW, look what the flood did to this highway:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Holy fuck!

Happy birthday Dman!!

Digital_Mantra

http://twoyoutubevideosandamotherfuckingcrossfader.com/#5DjaEAiprik/bZP4Ugev82I

funny shit. also, you'll have to change settings so you can view fuck because it's in the link.

Zhs2

[attachment deleted by admin]

personitis

@Altzan: O_O I'd hate to be driving there when that happened.
@DMan: Happy B-Day bro!

I don't know if Squeego would find it yummy but it looks good! ^-^
@Zhs2: Oh thanks, I never knew those existed! xD

Zhs2

Quote from: person701I don't know if Squeego would find it yummy but it looks good! ^-^
Of course he would. He's the one that already stole two three slices.

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 13, 2010, 01:01:20 PMpicture
FUCK YEAH I CAN SAY FUCK AGAIN!

So I just spent two days deep in the woods with no showers.

Quietus

Quote from: person701 on May 13, 2010, 09:31:01 PMPic
I don't know if Squeego would find it yummy but it looks good! ^-^

It might taste good for a second, before the foam started appearing... :^_^:

Phazar

Played Half-Life 2 in Computer Modeling today.  Great start to the day.

squishy_ichigo

I have returned

that is all

zephyrtronium

personitis

Welcome back Squee. =D

squishy_ichigo

So I start playing Starcraft 2 again, now on my computer and not my parents (which used to be mine, but isn't anymore) which sucks and couldn't handle the game since it was a peice of shit, but now I can play the game without slowdowns and lag happening all the time, which is great. (and a run-on sentence, but who cares)

So I play my placement matches again, and get placed in gold division, which I probably shouldn't be in yet. :/
I'm most likely to get creamed... but oh well, as long as its fun right?

I'll be getting back to hacking once I get my hacking stuff of my old computer. (my flashdrive broke and I'm to lazy to buy a new one)

Glad to be back though! It seems like less talking is going on recently what with bloods, james, and me not being here.
Get back to having epic conversations! DOIT! GOGOGOGOGOGO!

Digital_Mantra

I just got fucked in the ass several times. And here's how it happened.

I bought my HP computer at Future Shop for 729.99$ on April 4th,
Shortly after, ranging from days to weeks, the price drops to 599.99$.
That's the first ass fuck.

The second was being lied to by the salesman.
I asked if this computer could play recent games, he said yes, no problem.
So I tried an old game from 2007 and the frames sucked.
I looked up the system specs and realized that the integrated video card
was one of the worst in the market for gaming.

I thought, Ok, I'll just have to upgrade and get a better video card.
At least I had an extra pci-e slot. Hope was around the corner. 
But before doing that, I had to know the power supply of the computer.
Which, oddly enough, is the ONE computer spec on the futureshop site which is not disclosed.
It simply says 'imformation not available'.
That's very important information for a buyer, and Future Shop swept it under the rug.

So I called the 1-800 Hewlett Packard number and gave them my model number.
They said the power supply was a meager 300 watts.
I thought, Ok, more money to spend I guess, I'll have to upgrade the power supply.
Guess what, you can't upgrade the power supply on this model without destroying the computer.
That was the third act of sodomy. And it doesn't even make sense to me.
Why can't I upgrade the power supply? What would get destroyed?

So here I am now, with a receipt I expect to be refunded in full or at the very least get the price cut difference.
But wait, there's more ass fucking.
You see, I might not even get a refund cause it's been 1 month and some since purchase.
That and I can't return it until I spend EVEN MORE MONEY to buy a hard drive so I can backup the data I have on this computer.
That's the story, plain and simple.
I got fucked in the ass.

Parabox

There are laws against not being able to return without receipt and all, I believe.

Malpercio

Quote from: DekuKnight on May 26, 2010, 01:07:33 PM
There are laws against not being able to return without receipt and all, I believe.
he says he has his receipt.

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 26, 2010, 01:01:06 PM
That and I can't return it until I spend EVEN MORE MONEY to buy a hard drive so I can backup the data I have on this computer.
get a thumb drive? how much stuff is already on the computer?

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: DekuKnight on May 26, 2010, 01:07:33 PM

Their policy for computers is 14 days including charges if you opened it lol.

Quote from: metruler1990 on May 26, 2010, 01:40:32 PM
get a thumb drive? how much stuff is already on the computer?

Around 130gigs.

Crashtour99

The price thing, well, sometimes it happens.  Some companies will make up the difference, some won't, just kinda depends.  There's no rules that say they have to, sadly...   :stern:

However, the rest is pretty fucked up.  If it were me, I'd go to the store manager, or even the regional/district manager, as high up the chain as I could.  Obviously you were sold something under the impression that it would be capable, and it wasn't.  I know there are lemon laws for automobiles, but I don't know if that applies to things like computers or appliances.  If nothing else, threatening them with a call to the Better Business Bureau might help them be a bit more compliant in your dealings with them.

In any case, get yer rage face on and give em hell!   :cool: