News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote58

Heyo
Just wondering if anyone was up for a classic megaman race some time. Not an official metconst thing nor is it metroid, but if anyone wants to race megaman 1-6 (though I'd prefer 1-3), let me know!

Steel Sparkle

i laughed a bit when i saw OMG but good lord Quietus. how is your internet so fast. it can't be that fast. he must be an alien from another world..with internet technology beyond our grasp   :whoa:

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on June 11, 2016, 06:19:33 AM
i laughed a bit when i saw OMG but good lord Quietus. how is your internet so fast.

With speeds such as that, I've would've closed down the account and went for something else.
Too slow and shabby for my internet needs.

siddhartha__

Quote from: Quote58 on June 10, 2016, 08:17:18 PM
Heyo
Just wondering if anyone was up for a classic megaman race some time. Not an official metconst thing nor is it metroid, but if anyone wants to race megaman 1-6 (though I'd prefer 1-3), let me know!

mm2, buster-only, difficult?

Zero One

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on June 11, 2016, 07:36:39 AM
i laughed a bit when i saw OMG but good lord Quietus. how is your internet so fast.

With speeds such as that, I've would've closed down the account and went for something else.
Too slow and shabby for my internet needs.

You do realise that Quietus' speed is measure in GIGABITS per second, not megabits?

Dark-SA-X

I don't think that is his real speed, yes I can see the gbs mark, but I have a feeling thats not the real speed.
http://www.windstream.com/High-Speed-Internet/

That is a dsl connection, no way in hell that could be gbs in his speed test is possible.

siddhartha__

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on June 11, 2016, 11:27:46 AM
I don't think that is his real speed, yes I can see the gbs mark, but I have a feeling thats not the real speed.

That is a dsl connection, no way in hell that could be gbs in his speed test is possible.

no i can confirm that is his real speed. we were skyping once and he did the speed test during a screen share. ping was 2 or 3ms that time though  :lol:

snarfblam

Indeed. It's definitely real.

Quote58

Quote from: charles_black on June 11, 2016, 07:49:25 AM
Quote from: Quote58 on June 10, 2016, 08:17:18 PM
Heyo

mm2, buster-only, difficult?

Yeeeesss son. I'd love to race all three games buster only but if not then I'm down for any of the three buster only no etanks

The Monster of Surrealton

Once I get all the doors working, I think I'll release a working version that NEStroid hack as is I've been working since I joined the site.

Kinda lost interest in it, and it's 70-ish% done anyway.

Kazuto

Actually, Windstream just finally upgraded to offering cable service last year, so yeah.  I don't know if they're headquartered in Erie, but based on his speeds, I would guess that Erie had the option of Windstream cable pretty early.

He also might live INSIDE his local ISP, lol.

i laughed a bit when i saw OMG but good lord Quietus. how is your internet so fast. it can't be that fast. he must be an alien from another world..with internet technology beyond our grasp   :whoa:
His Internet has acquired Speed Booster.  =P

Quietus

Hehe, I'm glad that my internet speed amused some of you for a bit. I thought that my art skills were very limited, but they must be a little better than I thought. I was sure that everybody would guess that it was a prank, especially once people was the 'OMG'. :grin:

Vismund Cygnus

I thought the obvious giveaway was when it said he was in PA. I thought everyone knew Quietus was a silly tea-sipping Brit.  :lol:

Quietus

That's a state secret, dag nammit! :=x:

Steel Sparkle

I had no idea. your secret is out now!  :twisted:

Quietus

We don't all conform to the British stereotype, you know. I would provide a wittier retort, but I can't right now as I'm stood in a queue. :<_<:

Cpt.Glitch

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Kazuto on June 13, 2016, 01:37:15 AM

Actually, Windstream just finally upgraded to offering cable service last year, so yeah.  I don't know if they're headquartered in Erie, but based on his speeds, I would guess that Erie had the option of Windstream cable pretty early.

He also might live INSIDE his local ISP, lol.

His Internet has acquired Speed Booster.  =P

What is this you say, o_O show me the link where it says they recently acquired cable internet speeds.
Even with Comcast, I never knew anyone to have gbs speed even with their highest speed they have to offer.
When I was looking at their main websites and they said they offered DSL only, I knew for sure anyone with dsl wouldn't get that kind of speed.

interdpth

Torbjorn is just too much fun, I really am TurretMaster9000. Can't even have any fun in TF2 anymore.

Add me on battle.net interdpth#1373 lemme know you're from metconst.

Overwatch is way too good

Kazuto

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on June 16, 2016, 07:31:52 AM
What is this you say, o_O show me the link where it says they recently acquired cable internet speeds.
Even with Comcast, I never knew anyone to have gbs speed even with their highest speed they have to offer.
When I was looking at their main websites and they said they offered DSL only, I knew for sure anyone with dsl wouldn't get that kind of speed.
Well we know now that he clearly got a lot of us, haha.  =P  As for the Windstream thing, I don't have a link, because I found out about it from them sending us an advertisement in the mail, haha.  We switched over to Comcast last year, and a few months later, we got the advertisement about Windstream cable.  It was too little, too late, by that point.

Smiley

Finally done with my military service! :grin:

Now I can focus full-day on fapp-- uhh hacking!

Quietus

One makes you smile; one you make with SMILE.

One involves going back and forth for a while, shooting all over the place; the other is masturbation.

You finish one in under an hour for the best ending; the other is Metroid.

Kazuto

Quietus, I think we just learned a lot more about your masturbation habits than we probably should have...  XD

Quietus

You should have seen the look of horror on my dentist's face when I misheard her question, then showed her that I had no trouble at all with mastication. :pale:

Steel Sparkle

Quietus-Does more than just spill the beans on things :wink: