News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero One

Over in my world, things have been getting tense. One of the lecturers at my University forwarded my email and portfolio to a games company based in Sunderland. Of course, they use Unity and I know Unreal, so as soon as my final exam was done, I started ploughing through a bunch of Unity stuff, which has been pretty fun. I still maintain that Unreal is the more powerful engine, but Unity is very nice. Working in C# is huge bonus too; much nicer than C++, even if Unreal's C++ is pretty removed from regular C++. So far, made a couple of simple games (a text adventure and a number guessing game), and procedurally generated a fractal, which was pretty cool!

They gave me a code test to do: write my own animation class designed to accept keyframes, and lerp between those keyframes, and then write a MonoBehaviour script to make a GameObject move using my animation script. It worked! Admittedly, it's not as good as I would've liked, but I don't think it's too bad, given the little time I've spent using Unity.

So, now I just have to wait and hope I get invited for an interview. And if they reject me, then I'm afraid I'll just have to reject their rejection and send a carefully worded email as to why I'm the best candidate. I will get this job, and it will be awesome.

Quietus

Quote from: Zero One on May 30, 2016, 05:23:58 PMAnd if they reject me, then I'm afraid I'll just have to reject their rejection
Good life advice here, kiddywinks. If you really want something, sometimes you have to go the extra mile, and fight for it. :^_^:

interdpth

Add me on Battle.net let's play some Overwatch

interdpth#1373

Quietus

I've been seriously considering getting Overwatch. I never usually do multiplayer, but it looks like it plays really well. Maybe once the price drops a bit. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

I've been thinking the same thing. Unfortunately game prices here are ridiculous and I find it hard to justify dropping 90 bucks on a game, when I can buy multiple games for less. Besides, there's always TF2!

A Dummy

I'll most likely be picking up Overwatch this Sunday, I played the Beta a bit and thought it was pretty fun, and 40$ for the game is well within my budget.

interdpth

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on May 31, 2016, 07:57:52 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. Unfortunately game prices here are ridiculous and I find it hard to justify dropping 90 bucks on a game, when I can buy multiple games for less. Besides, there's always TF2!

Cdkeys.com yo

SlyPork

Just watched the movie Fight Club for the first time... damn. Not gonna say anything because the first rule of... you know... is to not talk about it  :cool:
Highly recommend the movie though.

On a separate note, does anyone know of a file sharing site that allows free file sharing of 5GB or more? I tried Dropbox, which is fine for pics and small files but I only get 3GB(?) of space for free. I also tried Google Drive but mine had 15GB which I thought was rad, but found out that's all I could use, even if I deleted shit out of the sharing space and had NOTHING in it (wtf?). So any ideas?

Quote58

Mega (from the guy that made megaupload) might be what you're looking for

Quietus

Fight Club is OK. Luckily, it's not a film you ever need to watch more than once. I can never really watch films too many times, as I remember everything too well.

Steel Sparkle

I agree with Quietus. I hope it's nothing too bad Vismund.

My B-day is in 2 days. Looking forward to that. I'll be 25. I feel old xD

Quietus

Ah, 25... I remember, many years ago, when I was 25, and...

* Quietus falls asleep.

Steel Sparkle

Poor Quietus :3

Has anyone been playing Overwatch lately and if so how is it?

Dynastyx

It's awesome. I have been playing a lot since launch (Rank 51 at the moment) and I think it really improves on what other games of that genre do. There is a counter to all characters and none of them seem to have a big edge over most (except maybe Mccree, but he is currently being looked at).

Do you guys have a discord? Would be fun to play with all of you :)

interdpth

I play for an hour or two everyday.

A Dummy

I'm on Discord since Insane Difficulty has been using it.

I only played a little bit since getting it just today, but I really like the wide variety of different heroes to choose from.
Some of my favorite characters so far are Zanya, Mel, Roadhog, Junkrat, and Symmetra. (Ah who am I kidding, they're all fun to play.)

Grimlock

After my tenth (or so) spider bite in no less than 30 days I've suddenly had a striking AND PROFOUND EPIPHANY!!!

[spoiler]INSECTS ARE ASSHOLES!!![/spoiler]

/end rant  :<_<:

SlyPork

Spiders aren't insects  :lol:

DSO

A roughly quarter sized spider took up residence in my mailbox recently, so I'm on guard every time I check the mail.

Smiley

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on April 12, 2016, 05:05:02 AM
Today's the equal but opposite milestone: 100 mornings behind! :grin:
Down to the last ten mornings!

Quietus

I'm not a fan of spiders either, but it's scorpions that do me in. I've never met one, nor do I want to. I don't like spiders, but I feel that they have some redeeming quality in their beautiful webs. Scorpions have no redeeming qualities at all. Every part of them exudes malice. :grin:

Quietus

So, what are we now counting down from / to?

Also, I now have visions of you actually counting down in front of your CO, then him / her saying "Continue?" :yay:

Grimlock

Quote from: SlyPork on June 06, 2016, 03:36:43 AM
Spiders aren't insects  :lol:

True, they're arachnids (smarty pants :nope: :stern:).  But think about it, if you had to attach a personality in general to "bugs", the OP is spot on.  Think Fire Ants and Wasps, and yes scorpions (and "arachnids"  :<_<:).  Wasp specifically, you can just be walking along minding your own business and BAM the little basturd is jamming its stinger in your arm (ask me how I know)!  Fire Ants aren't much better but at least they're easier to avoid.

I've seen a few scorpions here in TX, nothing deadly around here, just unimaginably painful if they get you.

Vismund Cygnus

By this point I am more spider than man.

Bow down before your Arachnid Overlord from the (Second) Deepest South.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on June 06, 2016, 07:49:59 AM
By this point I am more spider than man.

Bow down before your Arachnid Overlord from the (Second) Deepest South.
I thought you were a space cowboy