News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Just thank your chosen deity that it's not these buggers. :pale:

[spoiler]He manages a few seconds, and I believe the actual tribe members have to endure ten minutes at a time, and do it twenty or so times over months / years (or something ridiculous like that). Proper mental.[/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

holy crap that's freaking insane. I give them credit though if they can endure that so many times.

adamf

Ayyyy! In case anyone was wondering, I'm not dead. I ran out of easy hack ideas, and then I got sucked into Splatoon. I was a squid, but now I'm a kid.

Meanwhile, I discovered OBS so my video pipeline can hopefully go straight from recording to YouTube.  Instead of recording to smv + uncompressed audio commentary, replaying smv to AVI, mixing the audio in Audacity, fussing with the A/V sync, and putting the final audio in (+ MP4 encoding) with VirtualDub, complete with lots of frame counting. and fast-forward won't desync, but who cares about that.

/waves

snarfblam

So you goan stream bro?

FelixWright

Quote from: SlyPork on June 03, 2016, 04:38:40 AM[spoiler]
Just watched the movie Fight Club for the first time... damn. Not gonna say anything because the first rule of... you know... is to not talk about it  :cool:
Highly recommend the movie though.

On a separate note, does anyone know of a file sharing site that allows free file sharing of 5GB or more? I tried Dropbox, which is fine for pics and small files but I only get 3GB(?) of space for free. I also tried Google Drive but mine had 15GB which I thought was rad, but found out that's all I could use, even if I deleted shit out of the sharing space and had NOTHING in it (wtf?). So any ideas?
[/spoiler]

Not quite sure what you're asking. You want 15GB or more for drive storage, and an additional 15 or so specifically for sharing?

I don't know what to tell you on that note, but MediaFire is a great storage option. You get 10 GB Free, and uploading/sharing is pretty ezpz

adamf

Quote from: snarfblam on June 06, 2016, 10:54:26 PM
So you goan stream bro?

I might be able to do that.  I'd need to check the bitrate in places like Maridia, and hope nobody calls while I'm breadcasting. I have some stupid DSL. :<_<:

personitis

From experience, the bitrate is more likely to take hits in bubble Norfair and rooms which are using the rain (landing site) or spores (pink Brinstar) FX. I haven't seen Maridia rooms affect the bitrate that I can recall.

Vismund Cygnus

I'm able to stream decently enough (600kb/s bitrate, downscaled to about 360p) with my shitty ass better than 52% of my country's ADSL. I've not really had much of an issue with frames dropping/disconnects. If you use OBS I'd be happy to help you set things up to stream with a bad connection.  :^_^:

adamf

/checks something

:blush:

Kazuto

I know them feels.  I used to have Windstream, and online gaming was a straight-up hassle.  I never even thought about trying to stream on it, because I figured it was way too slow, lol.

Steel Sparkle

I tried it too

Quietus

I'm just curious who the 'us' is. They seem really resentful of those that have differing speeds to them. :oh:

FelixWright

Steel Sparkle

Im not sure what you have done. I just wanted to try that speed test too. Sorry if it bugs anyone.

Zero One

vroom vroom motherfuckers

Dynastyx

Yall need better internet :P

Jordan5

That's insane :lol:

I have come back from uni and actually have good internets here :grin:

personitis

While we're at it:

Quote from: Dynastyx on June 10, 2016, 11:47:44 AM
Yall need better internet :P
I'm comfortable with what I've got (and I think most would be).

FelixWright

I don't have a computer to test it on presently but here's what I got for a phone

thedopefish

Since everybody else is waving their e-penis around,

Servers:

Home:

Phone:

Quietus

Hmm, I must live near adamf. :nod:

Dynastyx

Quote from: personitis on June 10, 2016, 02:57:57 PM
I'm comfortable with what I've got (and I think most would be).
Yeah, more than 30 doesn't have much purpose other than raw up/down speed. My father is rather fond of overkill internet.

Also dang, Quietus with the holy internet speeds 0.o

personitis

Quietus. Ping: 1ms. Are you an ISP?

Yuki

Quote from: Quietus on June 10, 2016, 04:43:37 PM
Hmm, I must live near adamf. :nod:

:whoa: When your internet is so good you get an OMG on a letter grade scale

snarfblam

Quote from: Quietus on June 10, 2016, 04:43:37 PM

Any faster and your pings would travel backwards through time.