News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

Nah you've been getting the Good Ending all along.

Zero One

It's very important to remember that nothing good comes chronologically after Super Metroid, so killing the animals just removes bad games from canon!

Quietus

It's been a big thing among speedrunners for a long time, and even at the charity marathons they usually have a large donation war for the runners to save or kill the animals. :^_^:

On a related note, when you do this, you also get a few light coloured pixels escaping to the right of the planet after it explodes, which is assumed to be them escaping.

Quietus

So, sometimes, life decides to throw you a curveball, and it sucks. :neutral:

I went through my normal bedtime routine on Monday, including having a play fight with my dog in the bedroom. My wife wakes up yesterday morning to find my dog acting strangely, and led in an unusual spot. She mentioned it to me, then left for work. I got up, saw him led in another unusual spot, but didn't think much of it, as he's allowed to sleep wherever the hell he likes! I then head off to work.

I get home for my lunch break, and find him in another weird position, and when I go to greet him, he manages to get his front legs up, but his back end doesn't work. After my initial WTF, where all sorts of shit went through my head, I whisk him off to the vet. The vet says it's definitely a spinal problem, so they book him straight in to another vet surgery for an MRI, and we get my dog in the car, then drive for two hours to this other vet. They take him straight in, we leave in tears, and we have to wait until today for the MRI to be done.

We get a call them to say the MRI has been done, and he's got a slipped disc in his spine. It's pressing on the cord, and he needs to go immediately to surgery. We say 'fine', and the vet seems confident that he seems fit and happy, and should make a recovery after the surgery. We're now waiting for the surgery to be finished, and we've got our fingers, toes, and everything else crossed. Chin up, pup!

Also, fuck you, life. :stern:

Altheaas

Oh noo! That's awful. I'm just glad it's a problem the vets can identify and fix. I hope he feels better soon!!

interdpth

Anyone enjoy the Overwatch beta? Buying it on the 27th.

Sorry Quietus, that sucks!

FelixWright

I liked Overwatch's beta. Here's hoping they nerf Bastion though, maybe Genji while they're at it.

90% of all "Play of the game" s go to Bastion, where you watch a player walk casually until they see someone, and go into turret mode to start spamming. Not fun at all.

A Dummy

I played it a bit as well, I thought it was pretty fun and will probably get it on the PS4 later on.

I had a lot of fun playing as D'va and getting satisfying triple or quad kills with her self-destruct ultimate.
And it also felt pretty satisfying to survive long enough to call down another mecha after the last one gets destroyed.
My second favorite character would have to be the DJ support guy. (Forgot his name.) I even saved the team one time from Hanzo's dragon ult using the super shield ult.

FelixWright

I've got to vent.

Destiny has been...infuriating today, to say the least.

I decided to do level 41 Prison of Elders, and ended up playing with a douchebag who had the rest of my fireteam carry him to essentially free loot.

Then I did today's Daily mission, Lost to Light, the only point in time you can pick up an exotic sniper rifle known as the Black Spindle. I need it to eliminate Golgoroth in the King's Fall raid much faster, because three precision shots with it instantly reload the weapon from reserves.

I had a 3-man fireteam: Me as stormtrancer, someone else as stormtrancer, and someone else who played as defender with weapons of light.

Within a few attempts we figured out how to get to the one boss room we have to clear for the weapon, but after /multiple/ attempts, never ended up getting it due to yet another horrible fireteam. Think of it as trying to communicate tactics with silvers in CS:GO.

The other warlock did nothing but get up to the boss' face and swing his sword.

Our defender never put up his shield.

I was the only one focusing on blights and ads.

It was a goddamn shitstorm, and I most definitely will go look for a better fireteam the next time Lost to Light pops up as the daily heroic.

The Monster of Surrealton

Ordered a NES and SNES USB controller.

The NES one works great, the SNES, not so much.

Looks like I might try to stream NES games on Hitbox at some random time on either tomorrow, Thursday evening, or Sunday.

MetroidMst

My experience with SNES USB controllers is entirely bad. I highly recommend getting a little cheap adapter and a real controller. I purchased the adapter and 6 controllers from Japan (Just to make sure one worked and didn't have sticking issues.) for about $35. And you can use that for NES games as well.

The Monster of Surrealton

Quote from: MetroidMst on May 10, 2016, 09:02:21 PM
My experience with SNES USB controllers is entirely bad. I highly recommend getting a little cheap adapter and a real controller. I purchased the adapter and 6 controllers from Japan (Just to make sure one worked and didn't have sticking issues.) for about $35. And you can use that for NES games as well.

I'll do that.

Also need to test stream tomorrow-ish and figure out how to use Mumble with stream so other people can pop in and talk.

Firebrand

Quote from: FelixWright on May 10, 2016, 08:12:16 PM
I've got to vent.

I decided to do level 41 Prison of Elders, and ended up playing with a douchebag who had the rest of my fireteam carry him to essentially free loot.

Then I did today's Daily mission, Lost to Light, the only point in time you can pick up an exotic sniper rifle known as the Black Spindle. I need it to eliminate Golgoroth in the King's Fall raid much faster, because three precision shots with it instantly reload the weapon from reserves.

I had a 3-man fireteam: Me as stormtrancer, someone else as stormtrancer, and someone else who played as defender with weapons of light.

Within a few attempts we figured out how to get to the one boss room we have to clear for the weapon, but after /multiple/ attempts, never ended up getting it due to yet another horrible fireteam. Think of it as trying to communicate tactics with silvers in CS:GO.

It was a goddamn shitstorm, and I most definitely will go look for a better fireteam the next time Lost to Light pops up as the daily heroic.

I definitely feel your pain there :D Played Destiny countles hours in the past year and start of this year, but I never had the pleasure to own a black spindle... Everytime I tried it, I got into a craptastic fireteam where no one was focused on a tactic of some sorts. They all started shooting wildly at anything and nobody used their supers. Haven't played Destiny since the last update, but I'm courious to see what has been changend and how the prison works now.

FelixWright

Quote from: Firebrand on May 10, 2016, 10:13:26 PM
[spoiler]I've got to vent.

It was a goddamn shitstorm, and I most definitely will go look for a better fireteam the next time Lost to Light pops up as the daily heroic.[/spoiler]

I definitely feel your pain there :D Played Destiny countles hours in the past year and start of this year, but I never had the pleasure to own a black spindle... Everytime I tried it, I got into a craptastic fireteam where no one was focused on a tactic of some sorts. They all started shooting wildly at anything and nobody used their supers. Haven't played Destiny since the last update, but I'm courious to see what has been changend and how the prison works now.

It's pretty much the same but with better loot, you don't require keys or anything, and sometimes you'll be fighting just taken vex/fallen/cabal.

Cabal taken are the worst roll

Firebrand

Quote from: FelixWright on May 10, 2016, 10:17:11 PM
[spoiler]I've got to vent.

It was a goddamn shitstorm, and I most definitely will go look for a better fireteam the next time Lost to Light pops up as the daily heroic.[/spoiler]

It's pretty much the same but with better loot, you don't require keys or anything, and sometimes you'll be fighting just taken vex/fallen/cabal.

Have to give it a try sometimes. Maybe I can finally rank up with Variks when playing more of the prison.

interdpth

I've got to vent.

Destiny just irked me, on one hand it has a solid beautiful game engine. On the other hand, there's no content

Firebrand

Quote from: interdpth on May 11, 2016, 08:29:18 AM
I've got to vent.

Destiny just irked me, on one hand it has a solid beautiful game engine. On the other hand, there's no content

It's an excelent game for completionists  :lol: You can grind for hours to get all the clans on max level or get all the exotics on highest level, etc. And the whole world they created was just awesome. I don't know why, but even after countless hours or months of playing it, I still loved it to blast through the maps on my bike and kill the standard mobs. And the story was awesome, classic fantasy stuff with big ass deamons and futuristic stuff.

But I was disappointed when they added all this co-op stuff, like "play through the game with someone that just bought the game and started it for the first time" to get special rewards. Because of my job it was very hard to get some free time and look for people online, so I never had the chance to get those rewards.

Ozma

Quote from: FelixWright on May 10, 2016, 02:34:35 PM
I liked Overwatch's beta. Here's hoping they nerf Bastion though, maybe Genji while they're at it.

90% of all "Play of the game" s go to Bastion, where you watch a player walk casually until they see someone, and go into turret mode to start spamming. Not fun at all.

sorry to bring it back up :P but I did find a way to get past that problem. I played quite a bit of Roadhog, and if you hook Bastion while he's in turret mode, not only does this brings him closer to you and stuns him, but it changes him back in recon config. he still can kill you easily though if he got a lot of damage out of you, but if you find a way to work around his line of sight, close in undetected and hook him, chances are you'll have enough HP to withstand his immediate fire and kill him. the rest of the opposing team then becomes a problem, though... xD

the beta was real enjoyable, and if it wasn't about money problems, I'd surely buy it! which character did you like most?

interdpth

Quote from: Ozma on May 11, 2016, 11:38:00 AM
Quote from: FelixWright on May 10, 2016, 02:34:35 PM

sorry to bring it back up :P but I did find a way to get past that problem. I played quite a bit of Roadhog, and if you hook Bastion while he's in turret mode, not only does this brings him closer to you and stuns him, but it changes him back in recon config. he still can kill you easily though if he got a lot of damage out of you, but if you find a way to work around his line of sight, close in undetected and hook him, chances are you'll have enough HP to withstand his immediate fire and kill him. the rest of the opposing team then becomes a problem, though... xD

the beta was real enjoyable, and if it wasn't about money problems, I'd surely buy it! which character did you like most?

Bastion is fine, nerf Roadhog. If you get grappled you're generally killed. Either you get out of the stun as Tracer or Widow and quickly get the fuck you're dead by the team mates.

Ozma

then again, I (partially) found a way around this. Roadhog was the second character I played most... after Lucio. his secondary fire lets him push back anyone around, so if you time it well (and are lucky enough not to get one-shotted by Roadhog) you can push him back before he can do real damage. works wonders against AI, I even used to play bait for his hook when the enemy team would show up. I had less luck with real players, as timing ain't the same... however I guess you could dodge it if you're fast enough with the speed boost? or even if you ain't Lucio but he's around with the speed boost? anyways...

as for Roadhog, he practically can't do anything at long range, and mid-range MUST involve his hook in order to really be effective... I say, keep it at a distance as much as possible or just run around him while shooting, if you're fast enough he won't keep up!   :bounce:

EDIT: ...or if you're Lucio, wait behind friendly lines, and quickly swoop in when an ally's been hooked to push back Roadhog so your team mate doesn't get killed. you're supposed to be support, act like it  :grin:

interdpth

Quote from: Ozma on May 11, 2016, 11:47:33 AM
then again, I (partially) found a way around this. Roadhog was the second character I played most... after Lucio. his secondary fire lets him push back anyone around, so if you time it well (and are lucky enough not to get one-shotted by Roadhog) you can push him back before he can do real damage. works wonders against AI, I even used to play bait for his hook when the enemy team would show up. I had less luck with real players, as timing ain't the same... however I guess you could dodge it if you're fast enough with the speed boost? or even if you ain't Lucio but he's around with the speed boost? anyways...

as for Roadhog, he practically can't do anything at long range, and mid-range MUST involve his hook in order to really be effective... I say, keep it at a distance as much as possible or just run around him while shooting, if you're fast enough he won't keep up!   :bounce:

I'm mainly playing Widow, so i'll be sniping then BOOM roadhog gets around my venom bomb and I die :(

Ozma

GUUUH another Widow... had a defensive game with a buncha noobs who decided to play 3 Widows 2 Junkrats and I was Lucio... you can BET we got our arses handed over to us in detached pieces!! (they had like, Reinhardt, Soldier 76, Bastion, and so on...)

what was your most epic win? mine was something like, we had to escort the payload, but the enemy team had a very solid defense, and their character mix was spot-on; we couldn't get anywhere near the payload for quite a while... we finally managed to capture the payload only 2 seconds before their defense countdown was over, and then for the next 5 minutes we slowly inched towards the end of the escort route, but we did make it!! that was one HELL of a comeback!!

interdpth

my most epic was a....bastion kill >_> popped up, threw on the tank in hollywood, got 5 people while moving the car

FelixWright

Quote from: Firebrand on May 11, 2016, 01:12:56 AM[spoiler]
Quote from: FelixWright on May 10, 2016, 10:17:11 PM
I've got to vent.

[/spoiler]

Have to give it a try sometimes. Maybe I can finally rank up with Variks when playing more of the prison.

You can get this 320 void sword from variks known as the Dreadfang. Well worth it, and you can use it to complete those "reforging the blade" quests

siddhartha__

http://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

what is your typing speed? my best is 599cpm = 120wpm.

and jefe, what is that horrible image and why