News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan5

I'm sorry to hear about your job Mst, but at least it gives you more time for hacking :grin:

Quote from: MetroidMst on March 31, 2016, 03:34:36 PM
The moral of the story is get a degree so you can literally be garbage at your job and keep it.

Or just come to England where they sack people who are qualified for the job and replace them with an idiots that have no idea just because they can pay them slightly less.

Quietus

I've always thought that if I were in the position to recruit, I'd do the opposite: I'd take a monkey that can show me he can do it over a man that tells me he can do it. :^_^:

SChase123

Hey, how was everybody's day? Mine was good, so no need to ask, anyways..
I successfully found out (by the help of a year old tutorial on YT) on how to make textboxes in Game Maker: Studio, progress is going nicely on my game, I actually won't need spriters, as this game will have an atari art style, yet there will be some animations here and there, here's a little test release.. (why it must be in the batch format? idk i just felt like it, lol.)
Oh and here are the controls:
Left and Right keys to move;
Space to shoot;
Up key to jump;
dazzit.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26nwh56vd22udzd/randomly%20compressed%20file%20with%20a%20batch%20file%20in%20it.zip?dl=0

And the reason why it's compressed?
bc science.

FelixWright

Could use some more animations. Door transition seems to be off as well in the last room. If you attempt backtracking to the previous room, you are teleported to where you entered the room the first time.

SChase123

Quote from: FelixWright on April 02, 2016, 05:53:43 PM
Could use some more animations. Door transition seems to be off as well in the last room. If you attempt backtracking to the previous room, you are teleported to where you entered the room the first time.
Well, this is the first release.

Quietus

I guess the argument would be that you shouldn't make a release until you have the very basics done. Get the fundamental basics all working as they should do. :^_^:

FelixWright

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/03/zelda-metroid-earthbound-more-snes-games-headed-to-new-3ds-virtual-console

QuoteFinally, on April 14th:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Super Metroid
    Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Hype for April 14th

Quietus

I don't want to give the impression that DKC2 is in any way a poor game, but the top two are up there as some of the best games ever, so it should be a good day. :^_^:

Jiffy

You guys were right, I can see everything in the distance so much clearer now!

Physix

I wanna bang your gorgeous face  :nod: yessir :nod: :nod:

Quietus

Quote from: Jefe962 on April 07, 2016, 09:51:11 AMYou guys were right, I can see everything in the distance so much clearer now!
Hehe, isn't it weird that for all that time you just assume how it was before is 'the norm'. I mean, look at the full stop at the end of this sentence. It's positively massive.

:^_^:

FelixWright

Quote from: Jefe962 on April 07, 2016, 09:51:11 AM
<snip>
You guys were right, I can see everything in the distance so much clearer now!

oboiii chur pretty fam o3o

Smiley

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on March 08, 2016, 12:15:12 AM
So as most of you probably don't know, I'm currently in military service and that's why I haven't been around much lately. But today is a milestone, because only 100 mornings left! :grin:
Today's the equal but opposite milestone: 100 mornings behind! :grin:

The Monster of Surrealton

Got Rockman Operate Shooting Star.  Glad it works on an American DS.

SlyPork

So my mom absolutely loves going out to garage sales and misc bargain stores like Goodwill. It also used to be a thing we would do together, somewhat of a bonding moment sort of thing. Well now that I live 2 hours away, I can no longer do this with her, but she still looks for things that I ask her to look for as long as I give a good enough description and price range list.

tl;dr it is really hard to explain motherboards, RAM, GPUs, power supplies, sound cards, and other computer things to my not-so-tech-savvy mother via email.

Quietus

It'd be hard enough by phone, let alone email. :^_^:

SacredHooves

So having both Pneumonia and the Flu at once sucks completely.  Thankfully I have gotten better since yesterday. Best advice for this: Super Nyquil!  Seriously though: Both "Green Death" and "Orange Death" flavors have basically put me on the mend, and I should be clear by tomorrow.

Daltone

4 4 4 420!!!
Happy 420 dudes,
Canada said today that spring next year they will finally legalize.
I think I'll shelf a gram of shatter.
Go Green!

FelixWright

Go Green is a Wisconsin Packers thing :V

snarfblam

Quote from: Daltone on April 20, 2016, 06:13:57 PM
Canada said today that spring next year they will finally legalize.

There will be a ballot question in MA to legalize, and it seems more likely than not it will pass.

FelixWright

Jiffy

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on April 20, 2016, 06:51:16 PM

I woke up to this. And I will do every day, because it's now my phone wallpaper.  :grin:

FelixWright

Only now (now as in monday) did I know this, but you can save the etecoons and dachoras on Zebes in SM by going to the bomb item room as you escape and shoot the wall to their spaceship.

So, essentially, I have never beat Super Metroid's "Good Ending."

Which would mean that the Etecoons and Dachoras didn't survive.

Which would mean I should have died in Metroid: Fusion.

feel train here we go