News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

So, I'm back from a week's holiday.  In case you're curious, I stayed here. :^_^:

Jordan5

Did you go to the beach? I love Weymouth :^_^:

Quietus

Yeah, but only on the last day.  We had a list of things to see and do, so we were rushing around most days.  We stopped by the beach for half an hour before we left to come home, mainly because our Basset Hound didn't seem very interested. :yay:

We visited Durdle Door, Bowleaze Cove (not much there), Lulworth Cove (we also visited the castle earlier today), and Corfe Castle.  Our favourite day was when we visited Portland Bill, which turned out to be an out-of-nowhere hot day, and we were scoffing cheesy chips and scones (with an ample amount of clotted cream) right on the rocks overlooking the sea. :^_^:

Smiley

Was the Lulworth Cove worth any luls?

Quietus

So much so that I peed a little. Though it was in the sea, so nobody noticed.

Vismund Cygnus

Today, I managed to place 2nd in my state for the 800m, despite only having trained for 2 weeks after taking a 5 month break from track.

So it turns out that maybe I'm not as bad as I thought I was.  :lol:

Black Falcon

I'm one of the lucky ones who were chosen to go to Berlin and play Xbox One early on November 2nd! :D
The event is called Xbox One Tour where you can play Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and other awesome games early before the console's release! :awesome:

Digital_Mantra

Today, I managed to be one of the lucky ones who were chosen to go to the Berlin track, despite having trained for x1 week before the tracks public release.

Quietus

Congratulations to both Vismund and BF.  DMan, stay psychedelic! :^_^:

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Quietus on October 22, 2013, 02:40:18 PM
DMan, stay psychedelic! :^_^:
Interesting you say that, I'm gonna drop some tabs before seeing CocoRosie this thursday :D
Busdriver is opening and his set usually has BitCrush going mental on the drum machines.
Bloody great set ahead!

Quietus

Out of body trip, engage! :^_^:

Digital_Mantra

Finally got myself a copy of M2 and a Super GameBoy.
Oh man, so much better than being a little kid squinting my eyes in the backseat, begging for a little more battery life till a save, or for no sunlight to obstruct the screen.
I find 2-E and 3-B to be the most preferable palettes the SGB has to offer for M2, though it's ddefaulted on 4-G which looks good, but I like the background black, not bright blue.
What are your preferences? Some are terrible (we all know that), but the good ones, they can be great for different tileset/enemy reasons.

Honestly, If I had to make a list of the top 3 Metroid games, Metroid II: Return of Samus is the second. You all know what the first is.

The Monster of Surrealton

Tomorrow, AMC is supposed to have a marathon of the Halloween movies, and I have 3 bags worth of Starburst candy corn all to myself.

HYPE.

Digital_Mantra

I don't have cable, tho I do have bittorrent and lots of liquor. Happy Halloween MoS!

Quote58

On the same page with Dman here, M2 is under appreciated. one of the best games of my childhood (though I didn't beat it until a few years ago cause w/o a map it got pretty confusing).
Personally I like it in black and white, and haven't found a palette I prefer, but I can understand it being nice if you find a really good one.
As for halloween, I don't have any parties to go to but I hope to find somewhere to go this year. On a similar note, I plan to dress as Quote, from cave story.

Vismund Cygnus

Did someone say Halloween?!
[spoiler]Andrew Gold - Spooky Scary Skeletons[/spoiler]
We don't celebrate Halloween here. They've been trying to bring it in really hard for the last few years. Nobody here really sees the point. So instead I'm going to sit at home and play video games for the whole night.  :heheh:

Zephoras

We get it. skeletons are spooky... 'nuff said.  :eyeroll: Beside that weird song. Who else is hoping for Nintendo to hurry their butts up and make a new metroid game (not a other m type. maybe a 2-d? :D) and Quote58. i will steal your costume... get a replica of the spur and i will worship you like a god. I'm not creepy guys... why would you think that....

Zhs2

Digital_Mantra

'Hoping for Nintendo'

Quietus

I like halloween, though not much effort is made in England.  I always do a pumpkin, and put some decorations up.  It's always nice to see the kids excited.  The biggest gripe I have is that you usually get some scummies knocking on your door, and they've made no effort to dress up at all, and I make it painfully obvious that they're getting nothing. :^_^:

Zephoras

Yeah. 'hoping' because thats all it is :<_<:. a hope

Borderjumper67

I found out a fun fact last night. What I found out is that when Super Metroid was in production, It was almost cancelled multiple times because they thought they would run out of space on the cart.

I don't know if you guys knew this already. Just thought I should share it here. :3

MetroidMst

They thought they would run out of room?

*MetroidMst laughs hysterically in the background

Smiley

And here we are, expanding our roms...

Quietus

I remember that it was the first 24-megabit cartridge, so it sound perfectly plausible that they felt they were running out of space, and needed to expand it if the game were to ever see light.  Imagine where we'd be if they hadn't! :whoa: