News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Seems pretty cool. It's nice that for Super Metroid, you can also get nearly all of them in one run. :^_^:

Daltone

[spoiler][/spoiler]

saw this the other day, seems familiar

Quietus

Just missing an orb. :^_^:

It's also slightly disconcerting that it sort of looks like it's ripping its own skin off from the bottom up. :whoa:

A Dummy

So Nintendo is going to start putting SNES games for download on the New 3DS XL, I'm hoping this means that Super Metroid will be one of the games on there soon.
I would honestly buy a New 3DS XL just to be able to play Super Metroid on a handheld, something I've been wanting on the original DS since I was 12 years old.

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: A Dummy on March 14, 2016, 06:55:54 PM
So Nintendo is going to start putting SNES games for download on the New 3DS XL, I'm hoping this means that Super Metroid will be one of the games on there soon.
According to nintendo direct, super metroid will be on n3ds vc (I don't remember when specifically), along with a few other well known snes classics

The Monster of Surrealton

Miami Vice is a masterpiece among crime shows <3

FelixWright

I just finished slapping together another component of my rainmeter GUI.

It's pretty dope, and I don't think I'll be adding anything else to it now

Quietus

I'm just happy that you have the date in the correct format. :wink:

FelixWright

That's how I like it I guess. :lol: Wonder why I haven't changed my taskbar date format yet.

FelixWright

I just pulled off a crystal flash for my first time ever on a keyboard with 3-key rollover.

I had to set the X button input to Q, because holding D and C prevents input from A,S,Z, and X.

FelixWright

I can't figure out how to run my computer's BIOS options for my dell latitude e6430. The internet doesn't have anything I could find on it either, which I find strange since it's just one button to hold on boot. Any ideas?

got it.

Quietus

Hehe, I was just going to post a link to the online user's manual, which waffles about key combinations.

Never mind. :^_^:

FelixWright

My issue is that I held the F2 key before the Dell logo appeared, so it didn't actually register.

Jiffy

I'm getting glasses!
Firstly, I was told that I am now short sighted, but that's not the main problem here.
The main problem is that I have partial double vision, which also causes eye strain. The cause of this is rumored to be about the laziness of my eyes. In my subconscious, my eyes put too much effort into focusing on objects. This makes them really tired, really quickly, causing them to ache. The cause of the double vision however is unknown.
But because of this, I'm getting glasses with special custom lenses. My best guess is that the quality of these glasses will be significant, so my eyes would not have to focus as much.
Hopefully I won't have to wear them that long, but if I do, I'll begin to look weird for a while! :^_^:

Quietus

Nothing wrong with glasses. I had to get mine when I learned to drive, and I remember staring in amazement at the leaves outside simply because I could actually see them. Trees had always just been kind of fuzzy, green blobs, and I guess because your sight deteriorates over time, you don't notice that it's not normal. :^_^:

snarfblam

Quote from: Jefe962 on March 30, 2016, 05:39:04 PM
In my subconscious, my eyes put too much effort into focusing on objects. This makes them really tired, really quickly, causing them to ache.

I wonder if I have the same problem. I'm long overdue for an eye exam.

I had glasses, but I then I lost them... Had to guess on the bottom row for the vision test last time I renewed my license.

Vismund Cygnus

Glasses are definitely better than contact lenses. The thought of having to shove any foreign object into my eye makes me squirm.

And if anyone says anything about them, just remind them that a certain perfect male specimen who although I'm not gay but if the opportunity presented itself I certainly wouldn't say no wears them:

how could anyone resist? I am only mortal

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Quietus on March 30, 2016, 06:35:46 PM
and I remember staring in amazement at the leaves outside simply because I could actually see them.

The second I stepped outside and looked at the grass I was like HOLY FUCK I can see in hi def.

Jefe it sounds like astigmatism.

SlyPork

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on March 30, 2016, 11:18:00 PM
The second I stepped outside and looked at the grass I was like HOLY FUCK I can see in hi def.

Same, I technically never needed mine but it helps a shit-ton at college, especially in larger lecture halls.
now I can sit in any part of the room and only half pay attention!

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on March 30, 2016, 08:27:29 PM
Glasses are definitely better than contact lenses. The thought of having to shove any foreign object into my eye makes me squirm.
*shudders*

Quietus

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on March 30, 2016, 11:18:00 PMThe second I stepped outside and looked at the grass I was like HOLY FUCK I can see in hi def.
Haha, so true. I also recall being able to see the detail in the grey spots on the moon, which was pretty cool. :cool:

MetroidMst

Today finally came. I have been working with this company since the middle of last year, and today is my last day. Not by choice, but circumstance. When I initially interviewed, it was for a full-time position in the company. They hired someone else and offered me a position as a temp. They hired the another guy because he had one thing I didn't, a degree.

So some 9 months later the corporate office decides the people who work at this level aren't busy enough, and decide they're cutting people. (While at the same time announcing their CEO is getting a $5,000,000 bonus.) So as a temp, I'm of course the first to go.

Most people in the office hate it, my boss has nearly lost her job fighting to keep me, and on top of it all the guy they hired over me is literally garbage. We handle the same department, but I do four times the work he does, besides helping him stay caught up with his stuff. So the things I do in the same department as him, are given to others who I have had to train, because he can't handle anymore work.

The moral of the story is get a degree so you can literally be garbage at your job and keep it.

Quietus

This happens more often than you think. I'm seen my fair share of idiots in my time, and they've kept jobs where they shouldn't while the good ones disappear. I recall a few years back when I worked in a store, and the manager left. My colleague and I were asked to train the new manager. Uh, yeah, that makes the most sense - we'll do that. Not. :eyeroll:

FelixWright

For the first time ever (Since I recently turned 16), I donated a pint of blood at school today.

I'll admit, I was pretty nervous through the entire process, but in the end I think it's worth it if my blood is usable.

Quietus

Yup, it's a great thing to do. It's one of those strange things when you break it down, since one pint in a year is nothing, yet if everybody did it, I don't think they'd ever come close to using it. :^_^:

Physix