News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retroo

E3 Today lets hope for a new Metroid game!  (I wish its 2D)

Jordan5

Quote from: MetroidPeter on June 14, 2015, 04:15:43 PM
NEW CONVERSATION!! Who here is sick and tired of all the pink Gravity Suits that plague so many hacks besides me?

Make up some palettes you like in a vanilla rom, show us some pictures and make an .ips for them and people may use the colours in their hacks.

MetroidPeter

Good idea, I can do that.

Hitaka

Quote from: RetroKnuckles on June 14, 2015, 08:21:00 PM
E3 Today lets hope for a new Metroid game!  (I wish its 2D)
I don't have my hopes up really, but it would be nice. At least Super Metroid was in the NWC though. Too bad they had to play it on clunky game pads. I think that's why Sinister was sloppier than usual. Plus maybe he's not used to default controls.

MetroidMst

Calling that Metroid is a disservice to actual Metroid games.

Quietus

Yeah, it falls way, waaay short of even being a joke. :stern:

RT-55J

It looks like the Metroid equivalent of Zelda: Four Swords.

I am okay with this.

MetroidPeter

Guys, calm down. It's a spin off game, not an entry in the main series. I was hoping for a new Main Metroid too. But hopefully this isn't all Nintendo has in store for Metroid in the near future.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

JAM

Buy Wǖ and we'll make new Metroid game for it... probably.

3 years later. Oh, it's 30th annivarsary of Metroid coming? Well, let's make a shitty spin-off. Fans will be happy.

And also, to be honest, awesome hacks made this year like Hyper Metroid, Metroid Redesign: Axeil Edition and Arrival makes me happy a lot more that something that Nintendo trying to do.

Steel Sparkle

Im with Jam on this one.

Vismund Cygnus

Rest in peace to Chris Squire, one of the founding members of Yes, and the only constant one, as well as one of the greatest bassists I've had the pleasure of hearing play.
The prog rock world just got a little bit sadder today.

Steel Sparkle

Changing the subject. Does anyone here besides me play TF2? If so what are your thoughts on the new upcoming update "Gun Mettle"? Many people say it will kill TF2. I look forward to it whether it be bad or good.

Mayo-chan

My thoughts on Terminator Genisys

[spoiler]The plot in the movie is fucking retarded. Sarah Conner in particular is a character that would never realistically happen. Why did they send in another terminator when she was 9? Who sent the good terminator to protect her when she was 9? Why did Sarah see the good terminator and didn't freak the fuck out, but instead climb on his shoulders and call him pops? Her actions and behavior actually make the Terminator himself feel more human than her, despite how cringeworthy they tried to make him funny. The actress they chose for Sarah not only was a terrible choice not only because she looks nothing like the one from the older movies, but because she looks way younger than the one from the original movies, which is kind of an important detail in a movie about time travel. Also makes Kyle look like a pedo, whether or not she is actually in her 20s. In Terminator 1, Kyle Reese was a guy who knew how the terminators worked and was spewing a lot of technobabble, confusing the hell out of Sarah Conner. When the Terminator was talking in technobabble in this movie, the writers decided it would be funny if he didn't understand what he was talking about (it wasn't even that difficult to understand) making his character pull a 180 in his personality. The forced romance was terrible, in T1 it made sense because Kyle and Sarah were realistically confused and frustrated with each other, but once they had the time to settle down and talk they eventually grew to like each other and fucked because they wanted to have some fun as they were uncertain about each other's moralities at the time. In Geneshit they had no time to fall in love, the entire time it was as in if they were like 'oh well fate told us to fall in love, we better pretend the best we can!'. The final battle made no sense how they destroyed the new Terminator as well. Why did they use the time machine? Why did the time machine explode? Why did the old Terminator find a way out? If the new Terminator could regenerate his skin, why didn't he survive? Where were they going to send the Terminator if they were going to kill him with a time machine? Why did the old Terminator miraculously survive from falling into a pit of liquid metal? No seriously the old Terminator literally fell into a pit of liquid metal, and the next time you see him he has liquid metal powers even though earlier in the movie they joked and made him say 'I am a T-800, I cannot change my form'. I literally shouted 'he isn't a Pokemon!' when that happened. And aside from that if he could regenerate his CPU died while falling into the pit meaning he shouldn't have been either way. Just fuck that movie, I didn't even get into how dumb Genesys as a concept in modern time would be (connect everything online 24/7? Isn't that what the Xbox One try to do?) or a few other plot points and bits of bad writing I wanted to say. You could nitpick and nitpick and nitpick and then zoom out and realize there's more lice than hair that make up the threads of this film. The only good parts of the movie were directly recreated from Terminator 1 and the cop who saved Kyle in the 80s.

The bottom line:
What the hell happened?
And I say that not only for the events of the movie but the Terminator franchise itself.
[/spoiler]

Lazymoth

God bless Mega64.

Ha, people who say TF2 will die... TF2 is going to live an inordinately long amount of time. To the ten year mark, at least. It's not just another fun game for lots of people, it's in a league of its own as a mixed-media experience, encompassing short film, comics and abundant amounts of user creativity. Lots of the people who still play it and continue to play it are doing so because they've put more stake in it than any other game in their lives.

As for the Gun Mettle update, I think it's going to result in increased activity rather than a decrease. If anyone really doesn't like it in practice, then hey, it only lasts for a few months.

Wow, the amount of time that's passed since TF2 released is now pretty similar in size to the gap of time there was between the releases of Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. That's a little messed up.

Scyzer

So something biggish may or may not be coming on Saturday  :wink:
That's all the info you're getting.

Quietus

You stool-rocking tease, you. :grin:

Xenesis

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on July 02, 2015, 02:46:35 PM
Changing the subject. Does anyone here besides me play TF2? If so what are your thoughts on the new upcoming update "Gun Mettle"? Many people say it will kill TF2. I look forward to it whether it be bad or good.

Every update to TF2 was going to "kill" TF2.

Looks like it did a sorely needed rebalancing of the weapons. That being said, I'm personally tired of TF2, a few hundred hours is enough.

Parabox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCV6RusogAk

Holy shit, going to follow what's going on with this.

snarfblam

Saw that discussed on NesDev. Apparently there is a little skepticism/uncertainty surrounding it.

MetroidPeter

If it is real, I wonder if it can actually play SNES or PS1 games.