News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Tell me about it.  My neighbour is one of them.  I had to pay thousands of pounds for a new boiler, and she had central heating fitted throughout just two weeks later at no cost.  She then had double glazing installed at no cost.  And so on, and so forth... :mad:

Jordan5

It's appalling. A few months ago when they were talking about putting a £26000 pa cap on benefits they all moaned, and that's roughly what my parents earn combined and they work full time. So many people have a poor work ethic and rely on the tax payers to help them :nowai:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Jordan5 on December 05, 2013, 06:31:16 AM
It's appalling. A few months ago when they were talking about putting a £26000 pa cap on benefits they all moaned, and that's roughly what my parents earn combined and they work full time. So many people have a poor work ethic and rely on the tax payers to help them :nowai:
Yeah, we have a huge amount of people living off tax payer money, who we dub "dole bludgers". Basically just heaps of people exploiting loopholes in the tax reserves meant for single parents with young kids who can't get a job, students, and those actually looking for jobs. People like that piss me off, but there's not much that can be done about it without cutting the benefits that other deserving people need to survive.
those kinds of people shit me off.

Digital_Mantra

Ah that old familiar dinner conversation. I would always rebuttal that we don't even know where our tax dollars are going.
They could be paying for the pillows and blankets of murderers in prison and/or a lazy guy that hates work. Who knows.
Who cares.

FullOfFail

There's alot of people who do that here in the States too, but I just look at it as, better a common person than a multi-billionare (which would usually end up getting all of it anyway, in the end). It's really a small percentage of the budget, and considering how much we spend on war, there's much higher priorities. America outsourced most of it's manufacturing and tech jobs, and the problem is only going to get worse. That's why I'm not too worried about collecting and saving USD, it's going to collapse anyway. I'm very pessimistic when it comes to politics and the economy, that's for sure.

Digital_Mantra

edit: nvm

personitis

Broke the 1:00 barrier with 100% in SM a few hours before this post. Now sitting pretty with a 0:59! :^_^:

Quietus

Well done, Person!  It's a tough barrier.  I've been unable to break it for some years now, but I blame it on me getting older, and my reflexes being worse. :heheh:

Was it the usual: 100% single segment?

Digital_Mantra

Wow, I'd be lucky to break a sub 0:40 any%.
I need to practice certain areas more..
Grats on the 100% time!

personitis

That it was a single segment Quietus. If anyone's interested: Part 1, Part2. Likely to be improved sometime soon. Also note that the reset for the run happens around 30 seconds into the first video. Internet cut as well, so that's why part 2 exists.

FullOfFail

Just wanted to mention I added a bunch of hacks to the site. You can see all of them here. A good amount were from obscure places and Japanese sites, so not many have information.

Metaquarius

Quote from: FullOfFail on December 11, 2013, 01:31:15 PM
Just wanted to mention I added a bunch of hacks to the site. You can see all of them here. A good amount were from obscure places and Japanese sites, so not many have information.
Good. Is any of them worth playing tough ? (among the Japanese ones)

Quote58

personitis

Crashtour99

Dawwww...   Thanks guys!   :yay:

Jordan5

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on December 20, 2013, 07:33:14 AM
Quote from: person701 on December 20, 2013, 02:02:18 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRASH
Quote from: Quote58 on December 20, 2013, 01:58:47 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRASH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRASH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRASH

In other news, college is over for Christmas :grin: which means I can do more overtime at work spend more time hacking; you never know, I may and up finishing my contest entry this time :heheh:

Quietus

Hacky Birthday, Crash. :^_^:

Black Falcon

Happy Birthday, Crashtour!  :yay:

snarfblam

Crashtour99

* Crashtour99 feels the love :^_^:

Cloud20

Happy crash's birthday in late and...

Happy Doomsday  :lol:

Smiley

Christmas holiday! Yay!

Happeeh late birthday, Crash!

Happy Steam sales!

Happy!

JAM

No way =)
The next doomsday will be at 13/13/13 =)

Happy birthday, Crashtour99!
Happy birthday, -DC-!