News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Opposition

Started by mccad, February 19, 2018, 11:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on September 23, 2021, 08:49:49 AM
When I go to the statue and activate it, the elevator appears, but I can't go down.  I start to get the elevator animation but then the screen goes black, the elevator sound is playing in the background, and it just stays that way forever.  Playing version 1.4 and using ZSNES.
weird it works fine on 9x

DonnyDonovan

Huh.  Must be an emulator issue then.  I guess if I ever feel like a replay I'll use 9x.

Sapphron

zsnes is notoriously inaccurate so it could be a conflict with some of the code that mccad wrote. wouldn't be surprised

DonnyDonovan

Yup.  Moved my save file over to 9x and it worked fine.  Totally an emulator issue.

drb

I've compiled a screenshot map for v1.4 - @LPNITA, your map is missing an E-Tank in the upper-left of the Landing Site.  That brought my on-screen final percentage to 73%, though I count 91 pickups - not sure how that math works out. 

It would be a tragedy if this project doesn't get picked up and finished.  This is already an upper-tier hack as-is: beautiful, creative, ridiculously intuitive and just plain fun.  A coat of polish and a decent final area could land it among the 10 or so best hacks ever.  Beyond the odd item math, the only real criticism I currently have is that the path to Draygon is way too tedious, even with full equipment - making Plasma or Screw available beforehand would fix this up easily. 

Fingers crossed for future updates on this one.

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: drb on January 12, 2022, 07:46:33 PM
I've compiled a screenshot map for v1.4 - @LPNITA, your map is missing an E-Tank in the upper-left of the Landing Site.  That brought my on-screen final percentage to 73%, though I count 91 pickups - not sure how that math works out. 

It would be a tragedy if this project doesn't get picked up and finished.  This is already an upper-tier hack as-is: beautiful, creative, ridiculously intuitive and just plain fun.  A coat of polish and a decent final area could land it among the 10 or so best hacks ever.  Beyond the odd item math, the only real criticism I currently have is that the path to Draygon is way too tedious, even with full equipment - making Plasma or Screw available beforehand would fix this up easily. 

Fingers crossed for future updates on this one.
they're redoing it so there's a future :)
how did i miss that when fixing the map with colors... omg lol fixing it rn thanks.
added your new maps to my links too

UDtheAesir

Beat it in 5:29, 68% items. Decent hack, but it's fairly easy to overextend yourself if you push on past the Fallen Labs to Arpia Trench and end up stuck without Gravity. Managed to get an out of bounds situation that led to a crash in the lower sand pits of southeast Arpia. I'd still recommend it despite it being more or less done to the point it can be beaten.

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: UDtheAesir on February 08, 2022, 11:06:56 PM
Beat it in 5:29, 68% items. Decent hack, but it's fairly easy to overextend yourself if you push on past the Fallen Labs to Arpia Trench and end up stuck without Gravity. Managed to get an out of bounds situation that led to a crash in the lower sand pits of southeast Arpia. I'd still recommend it despite it being more or less done to the point it can be beaten.
yea we were able to only get it to finishable product, as you can excape, but didn't fix any problem. a new edition of the hack, not version, will come in the future, they're working on it, refined and changed.

DonnyDonovan

UD that problem got me too.  That area needs to be blocked off somehow if you aren't ready.  I assumed it was the correct path until the difficulty spike was so stark compared to the rest of the hack that I figured something had to be wrong.

Mentlegen

Exister

Sorry for the necropost? Nah, thank you for the necropost, this is awesome. Can't fathom how you made this but it looks stupendous :grin: