News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Axiom Verge

Started by AxiomVerge, July 28, 2013, 11:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Quote from: Nikoshiba on April 24, 2015, 05:35:33 AM
I'm really waiting for Axiom Verge being available on PS Vita... :D
Quote from: Nikoshiba on May 19, 2015, 05:00:47 AM
I can't find a Vita release date... :'(
Quote from: Nikoshiba on January 07, 2016, 09:37:19 AM
Hi everyone !
Do you think there's still a hope to see this gem on Vita ?
Quote from: Nikoshiba on January 07, 2016, 10:25:59 AM
On 26 sept. 2015 : The Deal With Vita
On 5 nov. 2015 : Vita update
Quote from: Nikoshiba on February 23, 2016, 05:08:58 AM
HE'S COMMING !
(on vita ^^)
Quote from: Nikoshiba on March 18, 2016, 05:33:11 AM
March 14, 2016
Vita
Quote from: Nikoshiba on April 05, 2016, 05:29:56 AM
Axiom Verge comes to PS Vita on April 19 !!!
Are you waiting for this on Vita by any chance? :^_^:

Nikoshiba

Me ? Absolutely not ! ^^

thedopefish

I finally sat down and played through this over the past few days.  Not a huge fan of the double-tap teleport inputs, but I enjoyed the game.  10 hours, 91% map, 62% items (apparently I suck at collecting things).

snarfblam

I actually found my second playthrough to be more fun (with a break in between). Not only did I do much better on a harder difficulty (more challenging means I had to try harder means I ended up dying less) but I also ended up getting 100%. Not because I had planned on it, but because I managed to find nearly everything on my way through so it only made sense to go back and find the last couple items I had missed.

Wirtualnosc

I'll just leave it in here, since I have beaten it yesterday...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The game was very good, I will probably try getting 100% and then play through Hard Mode. It did surprise me a bit (especially with weapon gathering), but other than that it is very solid. It had probably everything I would have expected from a metroidvania, which is not often the case.

Quote58

So the game is out on vita now just FYI.

In terms of how it plays on the vita, it's pretty good. The load times are really long, and the glitch gun requires the touchscreen button, but other than that it feels the same.

It looks quite nice on vitas screen because the graphics were actually made for that particular resolution, which means it fits perfectly. And in fact some things look better because of the smaller screen.

If you have a vita and haven't played the game yet, you really really should pick it up. If you have a vita but already played it on ps4, well it's free so check it out but it doesn't change the experience much

Altheaas

I played through this over a few days on Hard Mode. I loved it! It was great. I loved the double-tap teleports actually. I felt like they were a pretty unique feature and I thoroughly enjoyed trying to glitch into anything and everything to find hidden secrets. I missed a lot of weapons! One of my favorite things was the storyline. It was fascinating! There's gotta be a sequel.

snarfblam

Quote from: Altheaas on May 02, 2016, 04:26:36 PM
I loved the double-tap teleports actually.

It massively enhances mobility, but it's a little finicky; easy to set off by accident and sometimes takes me a couple tries to trigger. I definitely liked the teleports but it would have been nice if it had a dedicated button. (Iirc, there were no buttons to spare.)

Altheaas

I'll agree- a dedicated button would've been nice but with the amount of tools already available, I felt like he did the best with the limitation of buttons. What I particularly liked about it was how useful it could be in combat (The same could be said of the drone, which I found to be exceptionally useful in combat.) Teleporting through enemies or their attacks (Especially once it does damage) was really fun and an excellent mobility enhancer.

Firebrand

I finished Axiom Verge some months ago, and I really loved it (I even wrote a "love" letter on the STEAM forums to Tom  :grin: ). The double-tap teleport are a bit tricky at first, but after some time it doenst't feel that bad anymore. It let's you run through rooms really quickly if you use it correctly, and you could explore almost every pixel in every room by teleporting in the most bizarre spots  :yay: I really liked that.

The whole atmosphere of this strange world, the great bosses and all the giant robot creatures really got me going. Especially the boss fight... Holy hell, the music was great, the fight was great, everything was just kick a**. And the giant train-like head in "INDI" blew me away the first time I stepped on it by accident. Almost trew my controller away because it scared me  :lol:

Really looking forward to the second game. I don't think I really got the story down in my head, but maybe I just have to play through the game another time.

piush

I stumbled upon this topic and got myself a copy of this game, I am keeping up on finding things and progressing. Exploration games usually get the best of me , because I end up forgetting areas to revisit. Last item I got is the glitch bomb. But just wanted to say thanks to Metroid Construction for having fan games section included on this site.

Hackmi

Congrats on Axiom Verge, you did a great job. Very talented. The parallax scrolling is crazy!

Narpas Sword

I've bought it for the Switch and started a re-run. Still love the game. Even like it more than when I ran it on PC.

BTW: I have glitched an enemy and it looked like a Chozo statue. Did I hallucinate or is this intentional? It was in that overheated section.

Steel Sparkle

i don't remember an enemy turning into something like that. By overheat section i assume the portion where you hallucinate things.
Fun Fact: if you hack the flying robots it increases the size of the reflect guns bullets dramatically but only during that section.