News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Fusion Sequel!

Started by MetroidRuins, September 11, 2017, 08:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidRuins

Hi, I've decided to make a Metroid Fusion Sequel using Super Metroid as a base.

METROID Fusion 2 Return of the X

Story
[Spoiler]After the events of Fusion, Samus must now go to another space station to exterminate the last of the X-parastie threat.[/Spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

I don't think you could even finish a sink of dishes.

snarfblam

FYI, you shouldn't be creating threads for hacks before you've even started. At the very least you should be uploading some screenshots and giving some kind of description of what the hack involves and what you've already done. We have pinned threads and dedicated boards (i.e. Engine Works) for questions or discussion that doesn't quite warrant a new thread.

MetroidRuins

Right as I saw this I was going to post a boss fight, [spoiler]https://youtu.be/nbgnKpTWc4I[/spoiler]

Okay, so this takes place after the explosion of SR388, and so there is another space station that still has the X parasites on it so her mission is to go to that station and exterminate the last of the X...
EDIT sorry for the aspect ratio.

Retroo

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on September 11, 2017, 08:26:45 PM
I don't think you could even finish a sink of dishes.
No need to be a fucking dick and shitting on his ideas and creativity. :))
MetroidRuins, listen to what Snarfblam said.

liamnajor

that makes 2 of us trying this.

MetroidRuins

The reason for Phantoon-X being a thing is because after the fight with Phantoon in Other M :pale: their were still parts of him left and the X got to it somehow. (It contains spoilers for sector 3) [spoiler]the power in sector 3 is cut off by an unknown source *Cough* Phantoon *Cough* X *Cough*[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

So you edited the fireball graphics to look like X-parasites but otherwise the fight is unchanged?   Good job I guess?

Gotta be honest, I'll be nicer than D-Man, but not going to be actively following this with baited breath. 

MetroidRuins

Screw it, I don't have enough knowledge to make this hack right now...

Digital_Mantra

You've amassed 1,400 views and counting on 2 threads now, maybe you'll understand that making announcements haphazardly wastes peoples time.  :nuhuh:
Get a bulk of work done (at the very least 20% of a hack completed) before creating threads. With that much progress, motivation comes a bit easier.  :nod:

FPzero

Ambition is a good thing, but you have a little too much of it right now. Just take it slow. Learn from other hacks and learn how to make basic edits and room designs. Try some of the advanced stuff with the help of the Super Metroid Mod Manual or by asking for help in the Engine Works subforum. Then, optionally, throw everything out and start again, this time with a better knowledge of how the engine and editor both work as well as what you are capable of handling. Knowing your limits at any given moment is the key to avoiding burnout. That isn't to say you can't raise those limits, but basically don't jump straight into the deep end if you're just learning to swim.

Take your time, put some stuff together without immediately announcing it. Get some feedback through the General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread or by participating in Room of the Month competitions. Hacking Super Metroid is a long and arduous process--ask anyone here how long their hacks have been in development. It's not an impossible game to hack, but you need to keep realistic standards for what you can do with whatever your current skill level is.

Hackmi

Oh my god, you just cancelled SM2R :(

Why would you just constantly jump projects, best way to never finish anything, believe me I speak from experience.

Jiffy

Can your 3rd project be Nature? That'd motivate ya. :D

MetroidRuins

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 14, 2017, 04:09:01 PM
Can your 3rd project be Nature? That'd motivate ya. :D
I could make that happen.

Hackmi

No offense, but why are you jumping straight into making a Fusion sequel?

FriendlyFurry

This actually seems like a good idea if it's done right. I just hope it's done right :P