News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Prime 4/ Metroid Samus Returns Speculation Thread

Started by PonchGaming, June 13, 2017, 12:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote58

Technically what Nintendo said was not that it won't come out in 2018, but that they were refering to 2018 and beyond when they said that.
I don't personally think it's coming until 2019 at the earliest, but I will say that it's not guaranteed that they would've shown any gameplay at e3 even if they had stuff to show, because showing anything from prime 4 would easily overshadow the Metroid samus returns reveal. So I would understand if they were going to wait until the 3ds game was released before dropping a real trailer on us. I'm hyped for the M2 remake, but I'd be way more excited for prime 4 if we had seen gameplay.

PonchGaming

Now this is just bogus. How come Europe gets the good stuff, while America just gets

Flower

I hope that Samus Returns will be much faster paced than all those gameplay vids let you suggest.
It's honorable to have 360° aiming but it seems to come with cost of needing to stand still, aiming for enemies. I don't know if i will like that. Nintendo now has the job to offer at least such a good game as AM2R was, let's see if they stand the test. ^.^ If i had to choose now I'd rather go with am2r. But let's see where they go with it.
All those begging for another' real' Metroid seemed to have an effect on Nintendo, that's a thing!  :heheh:
I didn't care for any 3D Metroid yet, so my excitement level here is to neglect.

Samus

Nintendo had unveiled the gorgeous Samus Edition New Nintendo 3DS LL/XL **Does NOT include game** on August 08 and it has been confirmed for release in United States of America, Japan, the United Kingdoms, France, and Deutschland/Germany on September 15, and Australia/New Zealand on September 16 alongside Metroid: Samus Returns.

Quietus

This is what Other M should have been. I wish they'd shown a little more gameplay, but it seems like most trailers are like that now, just showing a rapid reel of random fragments. Movies are just as guilty, expecting you to do the donkey work to hunt down the full trailer. :neutral:

[/grumbling-old-man-mode]

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on August 28, 2017, 06:54:52 PM
This is what Other M should have been. I wish they'd shown a little more gameplay, but it seems like most trailers are like that now, just showing a rapid reel of random fragments. Movies are just as guilty, expecting you to do the donkey work to hunt down the full trailer. :neutral:

[/grumbling-old-man-mode]

Have you seen Gamescon stream footage? The game looks super polished and they even remixed the Red soil theme.

Here is 18 minute of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-iayq8QbA

Quietus

That's much more like it, and actually shows you what you're getting. :^_^: