News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Space Complex

Started by Flower, October 15, 2016, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Hello everybody,

few words, several pics, those are some examples of the area i work on intensely lately. Cheers

Quietus

DannyPlaysSomeGames

Superb spritework as usual, Flower. Can't wait to play the game! :grin:

Flower

I recently added another demo of Marine Madness. It's a current snapshot of the Underwater Area.
It's in my Space Complex discord channel.

Flower

This is the new title song!
I will do a YouTube video when the title screen is also finished, so long, a music file. Enjoy
https://www.mediafire.com/download/kcgmd1wnimfqdo2

Flower

I'm working with Grimlock on an upgraded Metroid Vanilla. This will be a learning exercise also which will benefit Space Complex in many ways.
So don't wonder when Space Complex is on a halt for quite some time, it is for the better.

Flower

As I've continued to work on Space Complex, now in gorgeous MMC3, here's one of my first results, the refined Space Ship Animation (at least for now).

Flower

Spaceship action, ingame.
I can Gif now :)

Flower

Flower

The first two Screens in the game.

VacantShadeGames

Awesome job!
It's super impressive what you've done with the NES limitations!

Flower

The first few Screens, Samus now has a red palette and spawns on the Ship, refined the surface tiles and its palette.

Flower

Quote from: VacantShadeGames on July 07, 2019, 10:16:22 PM
Awesome job!
It's super impressive what you've done with the NES limitations!
Thanks.

altoiddealer

Amazing!

Looking forward to playing this one!

Flower

New Songs, so clean your auditory meatus!

1.) trit C
A song about desperate melancholia. Where's gratification to be found?

2.) Witch
An uneasy film noiresque spooky song. Watch your Step!

I'm producing a lot of audio output over time, obviously not all tracks can make it into the game. The pool of tracks is growing bigger and bigger, so one of the things this hack will have for certain is a fleshed out bgm soundtrack, using the old Metroid Sound Engine.

Flower

Quick news, wanna bring Space Jump into the Game. I gave it a shot via a basic asm hack. It works, but needs polish still. As is, it's too op and would certainly break the game. So, the mechanic will be tweaked, plus i will restrict its use, maybe for underwater portions, plus you need to find the suitable upgrade first.

Flower

Here's something i composed for Sinis today, an energetic heroic track for his hack, that was fun :).
It's called "Departure of Hanz"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hk17xt0n8vc4qzs/Energetic_Heroic_1.0.flac/file

Flower

Flower

The later things i progressed with were mainly in Brinstar.

Sinis created great enemy sprites, and i got it all right coloured now. :)

and at the moment i'm recreating my old Brinstar tiles.
OLD example:

and NEW:

|=> here you see i redid the HUD (numbers, energy meter, health pickups, e-tanks).

Tower

when i see how far we have come im waiting for someone to turn nestroid 1 into strategy game.
I mean at this moment we have almost turn this game into a metroid zm.