News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroid-hunter90

Never mind got it sorted looks like I should avoid .smc files I take it? Im fairly new to the whole Super Metroid hacked roms. Played this at a friends and had to play it as Im a huge Metroid fan!

Zhs2

passarbye

Quote from: metroid-hunter90 on April 16, 2012, 12:36:51 PM
Never mind got it sorted looks like I should avoid .smc files I take it? Im fairly new to the whole Super Metroid hacked roms. Played this at a friends and had to play it as Im a huge Metroid fan!
a file with the extension ".smc" is the ROM itself.
refer to Zhs2's post, i think that might be your sole problem

danidub

I have finaly found 3 particles maps.
Still searching on the Sewers and Omnium Drift.
Any hint ???

Necro

Danidub:[Spoiler] In the Room where you need to horizontal jetjump to get the missile pack. Check the wall on the right side. You don't need to Jetjump, you can morphball under it. [/spoiler]

Anyways... I am giving up.  :<_<:

I am missing 4 Phazon-Particles and I run through this game 3 times now [16 hours playtime]... X-raying and powerbombing all the day. Some Phazon-Particles are hidden very unfair. I don't believe that it is THAT rewarding to collect and find the last few so I give up.

EDIT:
Feel free to spoilertag / PM me what I am missing. =P

altoiddealer

Quote from: Necro on April 17, 2012, 09:54:00 PM
Danidub:[Spoiler] In the Room where you need to horizontal jetjump to get the missile pack. Check the wall on the right side. You don't need to Jetjump, you can morphball under it. [/spoiler]

Anyways... I am giving up.  :<_<:

I am missing 4 Phazon-Particles and I run through this game 3 times now [16 hours playtime]... X-raying and powerbombing all the day. Some Phazon-Particles are hidden very unfair. I don't believe that it is THAT rewarding to collect and find the last few so I give up.

EDIT:
Feel free to spoilertag / PM me what I am missing. =P

Heres your hint

[spoiler]If you thought about it and could take one guess as to what the reward is, you would probably nail it.[/spoiler]

RedDragon4q2

hello everyone i'm new here i just signed up today. i've been playing phazon hack 0.3 for about a week now and love it its very well designed and has kept me quite entertained. the first time i beat it i had 86% completion and the next time i had 90%. now i'm stuck i have all the phazon particles in Tetrafuse except for one. i have checked all the rooms at least 3x still cant find it. any help would be greatly appreciated. i would attach a pic of the phazon map but i'm not sure how to set as a spoiler.

Quietus

Attachements are not usually allowed.  You'd need to upload the picture to one of the many hosting services, and paste the link here.

As for spoilers, you can just click the spoiler button when posting, and it'll enter the tags for you, but for the sake of learning, they're
[spoiler] and [/spoiler]
or
[spoiler=your-text-here] and [/spoiler]

:^_^:

Necro

Quote from: altoiddealer on April 18, 2012, 12:11:24 AM

Heres your hint

[spoiler]If you thought about it and could take one guess as to what the reward is, you would probably nail it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]A: The other Ridley door opens. B: An useless special ending?[/spoiler]

altoiddealer

Quote from: Necro on April 19, 2012, 10:14:43 PM
Quote from: altoiddealer on April 18, 2012, 12:11:24 AM

Heres your hint

[spoiler]A: The other Ridley door opens. B: An useless special ending?[/spoiler]

Well, it just turned out to be what I first guessed. Here's another hint:

[spoiler]Its something you normally get in SM, but you won't get it in SM:Phazon without collecting all the particles[/spoiler]

passarbye

wat.  :confus:

i played through it and thought i had everything.
eh, guess it isn't too important.

Quote58

Dude, are you asking for the X parasites as an enemy in super? That's not particularly difficult to do. And in my opinion, he used the wrong enemy for them. I'll make a vid later that shows what enemy I think the X would be better as.

ProjectXVIII

Quote from: knuckles on April 20, 2012, 09:48:04 PM
This is a awesome hack!... I played this through for about 5 days before giving up though...
a red monk called key could you give out the parasites for this hack? I kind of need them and I'm sure some other people would too if they're making a fusion themed sm hack. :P ( I'm not begging, just asking.:=x:)

You could just rip them from Phazon 0.2, if I recall correctly, he said that all enemies and tilesets from that version were for free use.

Zhs2

You seem to be pretty helpless when it comes to tile editing. Let me give you a hint.

MetroidMst

You are hopeless. You don't need to even touch SMILE to get what you want.

MetroidMst

For any tile/sprite editing, you will need a tile editor. The only thing you need SMILE for is to export/import tilesets. Enemy GFX and Samus are not tilesets. You will find them by simply opening the ROM in the tile editor. No SMILE needed.

Quietus

I'm sure his troubles are exacerbated by him using the J ROM, rather than the JU.  I didn't think there was a difference, but after playing some of the Japanese hacks, which only seem to work with the J ROM, I changed my mind.

Zhs2

Quote from: knuckles
See It's comments like that... it discourages from me asking questions at all...  :whoa:
It's posts like yours that make us think that you haven't done any detective work at all, and we've been telling you already what you need and why you need it -- and for whatever reason you're not reading half of the replies you receive. Come on, man. You can do better than this.

Quote from: QuietusI'm sure his troubles are exacerbated by him using the J ROM, rather than the JU.  I didn't think there was a difference, but after playing some of the Japanese hacks, which only seem to work with the J ROM, I changed my mind.
I would assume that a [JU] rom means that the rom was released in both NTSC regions. Why would there be a J rom if both regions received the same version of Super Metroid?

Quietus

Quote from: Zhs2 on April 21, 2012, 02:56:53 PMI would assume that a [JU] rom means that the rom was released in both NTSC regions. Why would there be a J rom if both regions received the same version of Super Metroid?
That's what I originally though, but, like I said, I couldn't get some of the Japanese hacks working with the JU ROM, yet they work fine with the J one.  Oxide is a good example.  I tried it with the JU ROM, and just got garbled intro text, followed by a black screen after choosing a save file, but with the J ROM, it works fine.

knuckles

I don't quite understand why smile only works with the (J) rom...  (was it made that way purposely?)
and another thing... alot of patches on here are only for the (JU) rom but some of these patches ( like tileset repointing ) which would help you with smile, so it doesn't make sense. ( unless there's a fix for smile to read (JU) roms or another editor that edits (JU) roms )
Also I think I'll try this new version of sm phazon... ( I tried it back when it was 0.2 )

Parabox

There's a big difference between the (E)uropean and (JU)nited States/Japan version of the game. It would take a shitton of extra work to add compatibility for a version of a ROM that's used a lot less.

Quietus

Quote from: knuckles on April 22, 2012, 08:28:50 AMI don't quite understand why smile only works with the (J) rom
It doesn't.  99.9% of people use the JU ROM, and those users' patches / hacks are also for the JU ROM.

RedDragon4q2

i'm still missing 1 phazon particle in Tetrafuse. on the particle map its the 3rd from the left top row. any idea where i could find it. its the last one i need to have all 50. any help would be greatly appreciated. i also mapped out where to find everything else item upgrades/phazon particles using a map A_red_monk_called_key posted i just edited it. if anyone would like to use it just let me know and tell me how to post it its a .png file.

knuckles

Quote from: Quietus on April 22, 2012, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: knuckles on April 22, 2012, 08:28:50 AMI don't quite understand why smile only works with the (J) rom
It doesn't.  99.9% of people use the JU ROM, and those users' patches / hacks are also for the JU ROM.
Well when I try to use a (JU) ROM with smile, it says its pal and wont work with smile...

Zhs2

Sounds like it's corrupted. You may need a new copy.