News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Abandoned M1 Hacks - 1999/2000 - ZIP file attached

Started by Grimlock, September 27, 2015, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

I came across these abandoned M1 hacks in a Torrent I downloaded several years ago.  I just recently "rediscovered" the zip file containing the hacks.  The zip file contains 1072 files (all hacks).  Eventually I'm going to go through them and upload the previously unknown hacks to RHDN.

ZIP file attached to the post

These M1 projects all appear to be incomplete and presumably abandoned.  They're all dated 1999 and 2000 so we're talking about some fairly dated projects:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Meeptroid

Hey, can I help edit one of them to release it? I would give you credit for giving it to me!

PonchGaming

Dang, 1,000! It's going to take a long time to finish all them. Or not very long if most of these are like 20 minutes. But still!

Grimlock

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 27, 2015, 03:51:36 PM
Hey, can I help edit one of them to release it? I would give you credit for giving it to me!

You don't have to give me any credit, these aren't my projects.  Given the age I would assume you are free to do what you will with them.  If the creators name is listed on the title screen you should probably check RHDN to see if they are still active and maybe contact them.  Also it's possible one or more of these may be older versions of a currently released project (given a different name once completed), you might want to check for that.

Quote from: PonchGaming on September 27, 2015, 04:10:15 PM
Dang, 1,000! It's going to take a long time to finish all them. Or not very long if most of these are like 20 minutes. But still!

Yea, they're for a wide range of games.  I'll upload any good ones I find to RHDN.

Meeptroid

Well, maybe I will see if I can make at least one of them completed, as I really want to see these done, well, some of them done anyways

Grimlock

They all require a lot of work.  The original M1 layout seems to be unchanged for the most part.  The Mario graphics hack and the Samus graphics hack seem to be the best of the bunch, they would at the very least give you a head start.  Also you could just play around with them to help you learn M1 editing with Editroid.  You could always open my hack "Metroid Incursion" and mess around with that too to help you guys figure out Editroid.  If you guys put enough effort into it I wouldn't mind you guys using it as a base to start a new hack.

Meeptroid

Yeah, the problem is, even though I am doing doors the correct way, you know, green and yellow, it still isn't working correctly, any help Grim?

Grimlock

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 27, 2015, 08:37:47 PM
Yeah, the problem is, even though I am doing doors the correct way, you know, green and yellow, it still isn't working correctly, any help Grim?

PM me a D/L link to your hack and I'll check it out.  Then we can talk about it on IRC.