News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Mission Rescue Version 2.5

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, August 16, 2015, 08:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piush

It's me again. I am trying to get the swinger. I am in the room with the gates that drop down.  I know what I'm supposed to do to get by them but the last gate is always fully down no matter how many attempts I do. I'm doing the normal final version. Do you have any advice Metty. I was moving along nicely until this happened. thank you.

Mettyk25jigsaw

I will Look into it now, but I did make that harder for normal...

Edit: It is possible you have to be very quick, try midair morphing into the 2 morph tunnels going very swiftly into morph mode, that may make the difference...

piush

I did it Metty. Quickness was the key and mid air morphs. I got hooked on Super Metroid when it first came out. The feeling of isolation the game had. I did not know any advanced moves back then. I'm slowly managing to pull off a few. Thanks again for this hack.

piush

I aam in a room in the upper right hand corner of mahagan. It is the one with the speedbird in it. I got to the point where I get it to shoot up and see a room to the left of the tunnel. That's where I get stuck in that puzzle. could you help me solve it. thanks.

Mettyk25jigsaw

I will put up a video tutorial on how to do that room, I,ll do it this avo. It is a very tricky puzzle. Well done on getting as far as you have done. There is a way of escape, so don't panic.

Mettyk25jigsaw

I Recorded the video of the tutorial for that room, but I will upload it on youtube and all that tomorrow morning as it is late here in the land down under, so I need some rest...

PHOSPHOTiDYL

What's the cause of a door that's supposed to show 'door open' not showing it?

I'm stuck between needing speed booster, power bombs, rinder, transparent glasses & walljump.
My next item is arion skirts area 1 to chaud bay area 1.

I traced it back to the door you open after fighting crocomire.
It's was open with a mega racheta long ago.
However, the door in smachoghr is still grey.

Is it based on my route through chaud bay?
Maybe a certain racheta/mega racheta wasn't collected?

It's also not the only door that's done this.
I think the first one showed & probably 3 more since then haven't.

Mettyk25jigsaw

You are suppose to find bomb slots first in order to trigger an event to make a door appear on these doors. Once you have found the corresponding bomb slot and the door appears, then open the door with correct weapon and the door open enemy will show itself.

As for where to go next, it sounds like you need to go back to the room to the left of where you fought spore spawn, if you have actually fought him at all yet, otherwise defeat the spore spawn and proceed to that room. Answer is in this room to the left of s, spawn.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Here is a video tutorial on how to do that room in mahagan Piush...

https://youtu.be/-uyOBroS6wY

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Yeah I had spore spawn done & the bomb switch & the door when shaktool clears its path.
That was also one of the doors that didn't show door open the first time.

Is there a specific order one must follow for the bomb switches??

I also had to bomb the one right after crocomire again,
which reset the door cap to the door I was asking about.

Mettyk25jigsaw

The bomb switch for spore spawn door is in the same room and scroll as the door for crocimire but remember when bombing bomb slots, you must stay stationary on the bomb slot until the bomb goes off and lifts you up.

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Thanks for you help, I've made my way to the next item.

I thought maybe my emulator wasn't saving door indexes to sram properly.
Can confirm uosnes9x_0.02y33 as the only working emulator for MMR on the psp.

I have so many switches to reactivate now... :lol:

piush

I have a question. When you fight the 3 Ridleys what beam does the most damage. They are very hard and this might help me a bit. Thank you Metty.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Pretty certain The quantau beam does...

Aran;Jaeger

All 3 versions of this hack work properly for the SNES9X 1.53 v.7 emulator from beginning to the end aswell, and piush, it will help to get all the ammunition that you can get for those Ridley fights.

Aran;Jaeger

@Mettyk25jigsaw Can you tell me what triggers the existence of the grey shell in front of the sector warp 52 towards Tourian/Smachoghr in Crateria/Arion Skirts after X-Ray is obtained in the Normal mode, version 2.43 (for example, does killing the GT in Tourian/Smachoghr change the room state there so the grey shell appears?)? Hoandizi is making an any% TAS of the hack now, after I provided him with a bunch of information and dozens of maps that resulted in 2 possible final routes. Another thing that'd be good to know would be what event turns this grey shell back into a normal shell once it is there.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Collecting the xray scope/transparant glasses item itself makes the grey door appear and nothing can take it away again, the way back to smachoghr the 2nd time is in samus' ship room once you collect the final item screw attack/cruiser and you fly up to the room and screw attack the door on the top right area...

Aran;Jaeger

Okay, thanks for the information, Mettyk25jigsaw. Can you also tell me for the Easy mode's ''Guardian-Shells'' what Activators need to be done before (or what events need to have happened beforehand)? Does the Wadaria-Ridley Activator turn all Guardian-Shells on?

Mettyk25jigsaw

I'm not sure what you mean by guardian shell, something to do with a grey door I presume. Can you send me a picture/screenshot of room in question please? Thanks...

Aran;Jaeger

I mean all the individual 24 sector shells as the ''Guardian-shells''.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Bomb Slots that are scattered across the planet with signs near them (world and sector) do that...In easy mode though, one slot will do the lot if I recall correctly, however it does not do the shells directly in the rooms in smachoghr, it activates all the doors with these same type of signs near them, these doors are also scattered all across the world, each of these doors, release a door inside these rooms in smachoghr. I have an idea I only placed one door per world to open in easy mode, I think I did. Wether the doors open several doors at once in smachoghr or there are less doors in smachoghr, I cannot remember, but that isn't important...

M1CR0H4CK3R

Metty, the bug in the room in Base Zero (The one you fixed in 2.44 Easy) is present in the Final Easy version.

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on June 13, 2017, 06:07:01 AM
In easy mode though, one slot will do the lot if I recall correctly

Yes, this is the case (you remember a lot about your hack for being away from it for so long. :) ). To give a clue, after acquiring the Air Boots, try looking around in the large room in Arion Skirts that contains the fiirst Area Switch to Bgarnowr (the one you went through to get the Chiller)

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on June 13, 2017, 06:07:01 AM
I have an idea I only placed one door per world to open in easy mode, I think I did. Wether the doors open several doors at once in smachoghr or there are less doors in smachoghr, I cannot remember, but that isn't important...

There are still 3 doors per area (one in each Sector) in Easy. The number of doors in Smachoghr is unchanged between Easy and Normal as well (That was the only thing that you got wrong).

Mettyk25jigsaw

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on June 23, 2017, 01:52:29 PM
Metty, the bug in the room in Base Zero (The one you fixed in 2.44 Easy) is present in the Final Easy version.

@M1CR0H4CK3R
Thanks for telling me, however, can you please give detail of what room it is as I need a refresher, sorry about that.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on June 23, 2017, 06:09:11 PM
Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on June 23, 2017, 01:52:29 PM

@M1CR0H4CK3R
Thanks for telling me, however, can you please give detail of what room it is as I need a refresher, sorry about that.

79C8C is the Room ID.

Edit: I already fixed it myself. It was a 'door' PLM that had the wrong ID. Should've been C622, but it was something around 8200 iirc.