News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SMILE RF

Started by Scyzer, July 11, 2015, 12:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettyk25jigsaw

I get a 'runtime error '380' Invalid property value' when clicking on any part of the scenery section on the tile table of the tileset editor, anyway around this?

Smiley

Update RF.

Code (From the changelog) Select
Version 0.62
*Bug Fix* Fixed a crash which occured when clicking in the SCE section of the Table in the Tileset Editor.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Thankyou, that was the solution, it's working now. I actually tried that yesterday to no avail, but just figured out now, it was because firewall was blocking RF access to the internet, so I just simply turned it off to do it...Thanks a lot, you've made my day...

begrimed

This OCX thing is looking like it's gonna keep a lot of first-timers from being able to use RF. Is an alternate RF build that has these online/auto-update features removed an easy to do? With the understanding that users would have to manually check for updates and overwrite the necessary files themselves. There's a couple of folks on IRC who can't get it working at all, which is a bummer.

Scyzer

RF 0.67 added loading and saving custom Mode 7 tile tables for easier editing. Here's a default file you can import. It's best if you save it to the /Files/menus/ folder, as that is the default location for tile table stuff.

http://sadiztyk.metroidconstruction.com/RF/Files/mode7.rftt

Keep in mind that the Mode 7 tile table is only used within RF, and has no effect on the actual ROM. It's simply there for easier room editing.

Steel Sparkle

I found a small problem with RF that seems to happen when i export a suit palette and then import it. Maybe i did something wrong but here is what happens.

[spoiler]
then when i import it this happens.
[/spoiler]

Scyzer

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on September 16, 2015, 03:38:04 PM
I found a small problem with RF that seems to happen when i export a suit palette and then import it. Maybe i did something wrong but here is what happens.

Fixed and updated version (0.71) is out.
It seemed to happen with all palettes. I'm surprised it wasn't reported earlier because the changes which caused it were made months ago in version 0.63.

Also you can report bugs through the feedback option in RF (? > Report Bugs / Feedback), and I get them pretty quick.

Steel Sparkle

Okay and i will remember that :3

Mon732

I keep getting "Runtime error 70: Permission denied" when level editing in RF, RF then crashes.
I also sometimes get "Runtime error 75: Path/File access error" instead.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit and as far as I know no programs are open that would lock the rom.
I have tried setting compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 but it still happened as well as setting RF to run as admin (I am an admin on this computer).

Any suggestions to fix this would be helpful, kinda getting annoyed at having to reopen RF every 5 seconds. :P

EDIT: So after talking to Scyzer on IRC it turned out the Show Current Room Size option was causing it. For some reason certain files it needs were being locked by something.

RealRed

Dark-SA-X

I tried to open smile RF but I get  a run time error of 339 misnet.ocx ?
I am using windows 10, would the ocx be affected on different versions of windows ?
The misnet.ocx looks like it came from windows vista or windows 7.

Quietus

I would think it'd follow the same pattern as Windows 7. Assuming that the folders exist in Windows 10, have you followed the installation instructions?

Quote from: The OP

• Download the file and place it in "\Windows\System32\". If you are running a 64Bit system, also place it in "\Windows\Syswow64\".
  • Click Start, search for "CMD", then right-click and Run As Administrator. You must run as an admin or it will not work.
  • Register the file by typing "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MSINET.OCX" OR "regsvr32 C:\Windows\Syswow64\MSINET.OCX", depending on where you placed the file.

Jordan5

I have windows 10 and followed the steps Quietus posted and it works.  :^_^:

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Quietus on January 10, 2016, 04:49:28 PM
  • Click Start, search for "CMD", then right-click and Run As Administrator. You must run as an admin or it will not work.
  • Register the file by typing "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MSINET.OCX" OR "regsvr32
Learn something new to apply to some other problem, I really am beginning to hate windows, just to go through all of this ?
Got the program to run, I'll stick with jathys old build until JAMMED finally fixes up his editor.

Thanks

Quietus

I don't recall seeing this mentioned, but I got this virus warning a moment ago:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cpt.Glitch

I used to have the same issue Quietus. One RF update claimed to fix it. It worked for
Me but not for everyone it seems.

Quietus

OK, I'll give it a whirl.

siddhartha__

I think I found a bug.

Opening a ROM in HxD (and keeping it open), then opening the ROM in SMILE RF causes it to not display rooms in the level editor properly. Running 3.0.82 on W10. Can anyone reproduce this? Or is it just me?

Jordan5

Pretty sure this was known. If you have unsaved changes in HxD it locks the file so no other programs can access it properly. So you either use a different hex editor or do all your hex changes, close HxD and then carry on with SMILE.

siddhartha__

I had no changes. Just literally open the file in HxD, then in RF.

SChase123

As far as I can tell;
SMILE RF works perfectly fine in Windows 8+.

master86

I update to the newest version but it dont starts any more i am on windows 10 it show me the icon from smile rf but it dont starts.

Musaran

Debug Stuff->Unlock layers.

Please make this the default if there ever is another version.

I am grown-up enough to hide both layers 1 & 2 without crying mommy, and currently SMILE RF reactivates layer 1 at the very first chance it gets.
(In my case : every room other than the one displayed, when capturing whole area to BMP)

crazyal02

Quote from: master86 on May 28, 2016, 02:17:40 PM
I update to the newest version but it dont starts any more i am on windows 10 it show me the icon from smile rf but it dont starts.
I ran into this problem, but running it in windows 7 compatibility mode fixed it.

GoldenTorizo

I have no clue how to get this thing to work...