News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Mission Rescue, request for betas

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, May 16, 2015, 01:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

Eh, the palettes are not very appealing. I like the ideas I see in the hack so far, but those palette and backgrounds in the first area is going to tear it down for me
By the looks of it.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Ok, thanks for the inputs, I believe I changed the pallette row the tileset 1 uses in Smile, if I get enough responses, I will change it back to what it was in the original, so if you prefer the look in the original palette in the original game, respond to this post saying so.
   Also 'to Vismund'------The strange swaying of the camera is only the recording, not the game itself (just in case you weren't aware)...
   Thanks for the input once again :^_^:

Mettyk25jigsaw

You know, you're all right about the tileset in first part of video, like totally right, I decided to change it back to the original  for a 'testout' and boy does it look a lot better, so I'm going to keep it that way. Thank you so much for pointing it out, all of you.
      However I will point out that I've very little in the way of palette changes in my game as I am really not good at drawing, so I think it's best I keep most of it the same. I can't actually think off the top of my head, what other palette changes I've made other than a couple really minor/tiny changes, and other than door caps probably being bigger than tiny. I think I'll have mixed feedback with door caps, but hey, make up your own mind. :^_^:

EDIT: Later this afternoon, I will redo the video and hopefully this time it comes without the swaying as well...

Mettyk25jigsaw

Here is an update video preview on first part of video, the 3 worlds advertised are now separated:

Arion Skirts:

https://youtu.be/iah7KgldMtw

Bgarnowr:

https://youtu.be/Q-tS6pyeLQo

Mahagan:

https://youtu.be/UUf929oaVDo

Quietus

I'm trying to get my head around Samus in skirts. :^_^:

FPzero

Do the HUD colors bother anyone else like they do for me?  That purple mixed in with the green is so obviously wrong, as is the yellow that replaces the white on the numbers.  That's the thing that bothers me more than anything else right now.

Quietus

I didn't mind it that much, but the green / purple thing is very wacky.

Mettyk25jigsaw

That purple green thing on the hud actually bothered me a fair bit, funny coming from me. I will change that to a more suitable combination, the numbers though, I think are fine.

smgoty

Dang it I got here too late.  I was interested in being a beta tester.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Sorry to say that I had to postpone/delay the release date as I've added an extra feature to the game and took up a few weeks of my time in order to improve on the game in regards to feedback from fellow beta testers. Feature is added now, but still have to finish repolishing as that had been put on hold while doing new feature. 31st of August is the new release date and I really doubt it will be delayed any longer...Cheers...Apologies to all who are waiting for the game...

A Dummy

This looks like it's going to be really cool.  I liked hearing music from Prime and Fusion in there, and I especially loved how you could switch beams in game without going into any menus.

Will we still get an X-ray scope in this hack?  It looks like the weapon select is using the code from the X-ray that tells the game to pause.  But if it had to be scrapped for this hack I'm perfectly fine with that.

Mettyk25jigsaw

No items have been scrapped, xray is still there, the icon has just been modified to somewhat look like the gfx of the item when you collect it, the name's been changed too to transparent glasses, but does exactly the same thing as the xray-scope...Hope this makes you happy...

Steel Sparkle

This hack looks really nice! After reading what was posted im glad those tweeks have been made. May i ask do you plan on changing door hatches because they look pretty bad and could confuse players to what door is what.
[spoiler]Were those Castlevania SOTN graphics i see at 0:19?[/spoiler]

Mettyk25jigsaw

Those door hatches could be dramatically improved as even I am sick of the look of them, at first I thought they were alright, but after a while they just seem bland. On the other point about the confusion between colors, this is an issue at some spots, but have been thinking on how I could improve on it, but sadly have come up with no solution, I've had a couple ideas, but neither convinced me enough as to wether they would work or not in order for me to put in the effort...And yes they are the gfx from Castlevania that you mentioned...Next game will have better door hatches I would imagine, fingers crossed...I may decide one day to put a new version of my game in with improved door hatches, hopefully for everyone sakes I will...

Steel Sparkle

That's great and i am impressed you got PS1 graphics in an SNES game. If not you did a fine job of re-creating them. Anyways good luck and we look forward to your hack.  :^_^:

Quietus

You can put pretty much any graphics in as long as you chop it up into enough 16x16 chunks. :^_^:

Mettyk25jigsaw

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on July 27, 2015, 11:30:47 AM
That's great and i am impressed you got PS1 graphics in an SNES game. If not you did a fine job of re-creating them. Anyways good luck and we look forward to your hack.  :^_^:

I should be honest and say that no credit is owed to me for having those castlevania GFX, rather you should give credit to I believe Webber1900 as he is the one that released publically the GFX patch on which I used. I only take credit for how I put the rooms together with those GFX, not by inserting the GFX into my game by creating them. Just thought I'd let you know, so the right person gets credited. however I do like the way I put the rooms together with those GFX, so I'm happy...It's just been slightly modified that's all on my part in order to use something formally meant to be used as Background in order for it to be used as foreground...
    I should really thank Retronuckles too as those links and it's tool may well come in handy for my next game I am starting soon... :yay:

Steel Sparkle

Alright thanks for informing me. I like that you have custom music in there too. Do any other areas have custom music or plan on having custom music? Anyways good luck and i can't way to play this when it get's completed.  :^_^:

Mettyk25jigsaw

I have 3 custom Music in there via patches done by Metaquarius (all 3 of them I think), MP1, Fusion and Metroid 2...

Mettyk25jigsaw

Luckily for those who are waiting patiently for this hack, I realised I had far less rooms to polish than I thought there was. As I toggled through the rest of the rooms in the mdb list, there were lots of rooms not needing doing, so I am putting the release date back to the 17th of August as it is also fine with all my beta testers...

RealRed

Hype! I'm looking forward to it.  :cheers: