News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Community Fusion Race

Started by Kte, January 31, 2015, 01:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kte

Time to race Fusion!

Details:
When: Saturday, March 7 at 2pm EST
Category: Any%
Where: MetConst Mumble

ADDED BONUS!!! There will be a compilation video afterwards!

personitis

Get over the save/kill thing. That's only appropriate for when the GDQ's roll around.

As for category, I vote SkipAdam%. That should be challenging!
[spoiler]More serious note, I don't intend to partake as of now, but I'd imagine laughing at each other over a 1% run would be a good time. Might even be a fun watch for said video.[/spoiler]

TheAnonymousUser

Wouldn't it be easier to set up a poll for the race category?
Either way, I'm not bothered which category we race, but preference is any%

Jiffy

I'm in, as long as it's Any% or 100%. Been wanting to do a Fusion race for so long. Just how exactly are we going to record a .smv (or equivalent) of it? :^_^:

Quietus

I'd say go with an any% run.  1% is automatically going to rule out most players due to difficulty, and 100% may not give players enough time to learn and prepare.

Cpt.Glitch

I'll do an any percent or even a 1%. Not 100 though as I have never taken the time to get every item. But I'm totally in. And I'm gonna need a more specific date than the last week a February. I can do Saturday or Friday of that week.

Kte

Okay, glad to hear it!

Also, everyone, if you know what days you are not free that week, please post that as well.

Technomagus

Vismund Cygnus

I never did finish Fusion.

100% blind?
1% blind?!

MetroidMst

I will done do a thing if I am available. I should be available on the last Saturday or something, but work may get in the way.

Grimlock

One of these days I'll get on board with one of these races (Ghosts N Goblins (NES) anyone?).  I tried to play fusion on my GBA but couldn't get past Samus's big old floppy feet slapping on the ground so hard making all that racket as she moved about.  Did they glue metal plates to the bottom of her feet or something?  Anyway, if someone can hack the sound and rip the tap dancing shoes of of Samus's feet I might be on board.  :grin:

SpoOkyMagician

While I did vote in the poll, I am out of this race. I like fusion but, the linear plot/path really annoys me. (It's not too bad but eh...) I can already tell you two of the options are out for me if I was to race this though. (1% and 100%.) I did complete metroid fusion at 100% but, I never practiced/played it again. I don't even think I can do a 1% run either... I'll go ahead and say this now.

Good luck/Have fun runners! I look forward to the video compilation later. :yay:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Hawntah

Quote from: Grimlock on February 01, 2015, 02:49:28 AMI tried to play fusion on my GBA but couldn't get past Samus's big old floppy feet slapping on the ground so hard making all that racket as she moved about.  Did they glue metal plates to the bottom of her feet or something?  Anyway, if someone can hack the sound and rip the tap dancing shoes of of Samus's feet I might be on board.  :grin:
Try this :wink:.

Quote58

I think we should have an any% race by the majority, followed by a 1% race by the few people who want to do it because as person and I have said, it'll probably be really enjoyable to watch (and play imo). Idk if I'll be available on the day but if so I'll join.

RealRed

I feel like a 1% run is gonna get pretty violent & frustrating. Nightmare 1% is damn near impossible (I've never managed it after countless tries), and I don't really want to imagine Ridley 1%. If you guys are that patient and skilled though, cool! I'd watch whoever has the balls to say they could get it done quickly.

Kte

Even if it doesn't win the vote (which it looks like that's how it's going), maybe we'll try it sometime for shits and giggles.

Grimlock

Quote from: Hawntah on February 01, 2015, 06:21:41 AM
Quote from: Grimlock on February 01, 2015, 02:49:28 AMI tried to play fusion on my GBA but couldn't get past Samus's big old floppy feet slapping on the ground so hard making all that racket as she moved about.  Did they glue metal plates to the bottom of her feet or something?  Anyway, if someone can hack the sound and rip the tap dancing shoes of of Samus's feet I might be on board.  :grin:
Try this :wink:.

Interesting, I'll give it a try.

PhazonKnight

This is the best topic I have ever seen. Yes any% would be the best for all of those blind players, as 100% can be... difficult without knowledge of room layouts. MST playing 1% would be great as well.  :^_^:

Cpt.Glitch

I'll do the one percent after the normal if I have time. Never done it before So I should rage a bunch during it making for more interesting videos.

Kte

C'mon all you 100% fans out there! Gotta bring the vote up.  :yay:

Cpt.Glitch

Got 17% with a final time of 1:17. I dunno how good that is sense this is my first speed run for Fusion but I'm pretty happy with it.
EDIT: 18% with time of 1:10. Better boss fights and room movement should get me down to at least 1:05.

Kte

That's great for a first time. Any% record is 0:46, under an hour is great and under 50 is awesome. You'll be shaving off minutes easily with more practice!

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on February 03, 2015, 03:37:33 PM
18% with time of 1:10.
Quote from: Kte on February 03, 2015, 03:42:28 PM
Any% record is 0:46
I assume we're talking in-game time. Because otherwise, I haven't got a chance. My last (sort of) RTA was 1:40:30 with 9% (Never checked in-game, don't really want to either)

Cpt.Glitch

@Anonymous: Yes we are referencing  game time. Bioshark and Kirby or whatever their name is are the record holders.

@Bloodsonic: I actualy believe Ridley is easier than nightmare on a 1% run. I've managed to beat him without losing a single e tank and used no missiles. I probably won't be able to get past Serries on a 1% run though.

Kte

T-A-U: For some reason Fusion times are always IGT, not sure why. Not sure how much real time is spent in nav rooms and such, but 1:40 sounds really good for real time.