News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Grim Art

Started by Grimlock, October 28, 2014, 05:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

A couple digital drawings just for fun:  :grin:

They actually started on paper but ended up scanned and continued in Photoshop.  I have a few more with a similar style.  I also used to make fairly complex mazes drawn out in a similar fashion, maybe I'll scan a few of them and post them when I have time.

MetroidMst

I sense a similarity to your avatar. . .

Quietus

I like 'em.  The second one reminds me of the Legion boss from the Castlevania series. :^_^:

Retroo

i like pictures that makes you think the 2 pictures here makes me think =)

Grimlock

Here's one of my mazes.  The original is put away but here's a scan of a scan I had on my PC (Sorry not the highest quality image). 

(No starting from the finish cheaters  :stern: )

If anyone prints it make sure you set it to "fit printable area" and on "landscape".

Su

Wow, that's seriously impressive. How long does it take to work all that out?

Grimlock

Quote from: Dragon-Tamer795 on October 29, 2014, 10:09:13 AM
Wow, that's seriously impressive. How long does it take to work all that out?

You know, I never really kept track of how long.  I usually pick a spot for the start and finish and just draw in out as I go.  I keep the correct path to the finish in mind and try to make it somewhat challenging.  I don't like making dead ends so its all looped in one way or another.

Quietus

I didn't like the right-hand half. :heheh:

[spoiler=My Solution][/spoiler]

Grimlock

Here's another maze I stumbled on today when I was sorting out some stuff.  This one is pretty old, one of my early mazes.  Anyway this is really two mazes in one, sort of, you're supposed to make it to the two finishes.  You can start at any of the start points.  Once you make it to a finish you can choose to continue to pass through the maze from there or you can go back to any of the other start points.

EDIT:  The whole thing was drawn with a black Bic ballpoint pen. No digital editing (as if that isn't painfully obvious  :grin: ).

This one does have dead ends, you'll know you hit one by a dot being there rather than an arrow.

Alisa Orlova

Grimlock

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on December 02, 2014, 02:32:42 PM
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Hmm, not bad Alisa, I knew you must have had some Image editing ability from some of your previous posts.  :lol: :cool:

I'm not sure why you picked those particular images to "monkey" around with but they look pretty seamless.

Grimlock

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Your turn...  :grin:

Quietus

Grimlock

Quote from: Quietus on December 05, 2014, 03:29:29 PM
Who's the chappie?

Not sure, it was Alisa Orlova's previous Avatar...  :lol:  Maybe Alisa can shed some light on your question, I'm guessing a character from a Russian cartoon?

Quietus

Hmm, not sure.  I've definitely seen him before, but I have no idea who he is.

Hawntah

Who's the chappie?
Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy from Sealab 2021, according to Google Reverse Image Search.

Grimlock

Quote from: Hawntah on December 05, 2014, 09:24:53 PM
Who's the chappie?
Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy from Sealab 2021, according to Google Reverse Image Search.

They do look strikingly alike, I would guess you nailed it, maybe Alisa can confirm.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

snarfblam

You uncultured schlubs! Watch some god damned Adult Swim.

Alisa Orlova

My culture is so far away from these "Adult Swim" and "4chan/bronies" jokes, but I'm still here :( Why?!! Anyway, i think we can try to start something like a new contest. (Best Bob's pictures) "BBP". Everyone can post here Bob's pictures, and let's have a fun.

Lunaria

Quietus

I've seen a few things in the past with 'adult swim' attached to it in some way, and it always seemed ridiculous.  Perhaps I'm safer not knowing. :^_^:

Alisa Orlova

[spoiler=I don't have enough filters!][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus