News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Axiom Verge

Started by AxiomVerge, July 28, 2013, 11:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AxiomVerge

Hey folks!  I already posted in off-topic but another user suggested I post here.  I'm making a very Metroid-like game called Axiom Verge, which you may fancy.  On release it may even be an easy thing to mod, being that so much of the data is in XML format.

My target release is November for PC/Xblig, but the bosses are taking me longer than I expected, so I may not be able to make that.

Thanks!
Tom

Smiley

This sure does look interesting. I'll likely give this a shot after you release this. :^_^:

Are you making all this by yourself or do you have a team? And what program and language do you use for the programming, if I may ask?

Edit: I checked out your website, and it seems you're working on this all by yourself. Very impressive :^_^:
I'm still interested in what you're actually using to make the game.

Quietus

I first saw this some time ago, but it's still looking great. :^_^:

Nikoshiba

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on July 29, 2013, 02:39:00 AM
I'm still interested in what you're actually using to make the game.
As am I. This is looking fantastic. Out of curiosity, what price do you think you'll release it for?

Parabox

This stuff is looking fucking great. So psyched to play this.

Parabox

So this game is out now on PS4, will be out on Vita and PC iirc, and the Super Beard Bros. (Jirard the Completionist and Alex from The Dex) LP'ed it in a one-off!
AXIOM VERGE - Super Indie Bros. #15

FullOfFail

Very interesting. I like how you made the tiles with your own vibe and uses, rather than a straight-up homage. Digging the music too, it's fitting.

And on that day, Metcontravania was born.

FullOfFail

Quote from: FullOfFail on April 01, 2015, 10:50:36 PM
Very interesting. I like how you made the tiles with your own vibe and uses, rather than a straight-up homage. Digging the music too, it's fitting.

And on that day, Metcontravania was born.

Edit: How did I never notice this before? Just now realized his post was 2013.

Smiley

Okay, that's it, I want this game.

Mayo-chan

I'm really looking forward to the release on PC. I also like how you never revealed many details about the game, just the gameplay.

Nikoshiba

I'm really waiting for Axiom Verge being available on PS Vita... :D

TheAnonymousUser

For those waiting on a PC release, this cropped up on the main site yesterday. Better find some more hacks to play until then.

Lunaria

Oh hey, this game. Yeah I have looked into it in the past way before the release. I saw it came out on playstation a while back and it seems really interesting. Cool to know that the dev is around here as well, I'll pick it up once it's out on PC!

SlyPork

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on April 24, 2015, 07:23:12 AM
For those waiting on a PC release, this cropped up on the main site yesterday. Better find some more hacks to play until then.
It's also shown on the Axiom Verge Steam page. Even has a countdown timer and everything.

snarfblam

Sweet. This game looks pretty cool. I was disappoint when I checked and saw it was only available on PS4 for the moment.

Quote58

Just here to confirm that axiom verge is indeed an amazing game. Got it on launch for ps4 and have loved every bit of it (except how annoying diagonal aiming can be).
It's also huge, and filled with secrets. Getting 100% items is not easy, but it is very satisfying.
The music is also pretty great, but sometimes can feel out of place in relation to the environment.
My only major gripe with the game is how loud and ear-piercing some of the sound effects are. There's no way to turn them down so if you want to hear the music well you have to hear them too.

Basically, if you're a metroid fan (which we all are here obviously), and have a ps4/pc/vita this game is for you. It's also only $20 so it isn't breaking the bank. You more than get your moneys worth out of it.
Can't wait to play it on my vita as well!

bradzx

4 more days to go!  :d   Love to play this game.  This game almost like metroid style.   Can't wait to play this game when come out on Thursday.

Narpas Sword

Playing it. Like it so far.

Digital_Mantra

Games a work of art. 10/10
20ish hours 99% items 100% map
need to find more secret worlds.

Quietus

I'd like to offer my congratulations to the creator, as it seems to be getting great reviews across the board. :cheers:

Nikoshiba

I can't find a Vita release date... :'(

Quote58

Don't worry Nikoshiba, he is working on it. He talked about it in an interview with gamespot and he is trying to get it done asap. I'm sure it's a lot more difficult to port over than PC considering the fewer buttons and other limitations.
I personally can't freaking wait for this to be on vita. And if it has cross save with the ps4 version, man that'd be awesome...

Nikoshiba

Sure !
Thank you Quote58 !

Narpas Sword

I'm 8 hours in. This is a fantastic retro looking metroidvania.