News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The youtube topic

Started by GF_Kennon, May 17, 2009, 02:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qactis

Quote from: snarfblam on November 27, 2010, 06:41:57 PM
Found a cool Contra hack on the RHDN forums. This is me getting killed to death.

Uh looks like you're tearing it up, imo sif Contra needed a difficulty ramping. Though I can definitely beat the original without konami code. Good game to play if you want to get good at dodging bullet storms is Sky Shark for NES. Took me a good 10 years of on/off playing whenever we broke out the NES to finally beat level 5, only to find out it loops. I used to be good enough to beat the first 4 levels without dying though :p. Super Earth Defense Force for SNES is another good bullet dodging game on hard.

Hiroshi Mishima

Oh gods, that Justin Bailey patch for Super Metroid... I remember that from waaay back. I had mixed feelings on the whole thing. I mean, on one hand it's not the Zero Suit.. but on the other it makes her look like Mai Shiranui, which I'm pretty sure the design was based off of for his respriting. It's an incredible job he did, the amount of work was no small feat, I just don't think a woman whose breasts threaten to fall out every time she moves was a very good base model to work from. :p

I heard he added some more stuff to it later on, like having her face instead of the helmet on the menu, and giving some customized ending screens? I haven't really wanted to check that last one out, though. I'm sure it'd only make me sad.

Digital_Mantra

Who the hell would make a video like this?
Oh wait it was me. Nevermind.

4 Roommates

Parabox

MultiK1llZ

I was on youtube today, and found this.

Funniest Shit Ever!  :lol:

Sony Releases Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work

Tyjet66

Well, I decided to share this here as well, in case someone here may be interested. This is me memorizing and then solving a Rubik's cube blindfolded.
My first blindfolded solve of a 3x3 Rubik's cube

Skip to solving: 7:20
Skip to Reaction: 12:00

As for the reaction, the screen shakes because I have my laptop propped up on a book on my bed with me (so shaking causes the vibrations.) Also, if you can hear me laughing or saying anything at the end, I don't what is up with the audio, I actually have a deep voice.

This is using the Old Pochmann method to solve and the "Tapping" method for memorization. This was my 4th attempt.

Total solve time: 11:42.74

Digital_Mantra

The end of the video was epic excitement as you surveyed your finished cube.

You have a great memory, shit, I can't even remember yesterday.
Though I do recall the scent of curry and afghanistan love poems.

Phazar

A friend showed me this song last night.  This is now officially one of my favorite songs of all time.  Anyone who has played Pokemon AT ALL must watch this video.
Alex Day-Pokemon What Happened To You

Digital_Mantra

This is a feature length AMV I created back in 06.
Come to think, it was actually made in 04-05 or something.

Was stoned one evening listening to Future Sound of London watching Nausicaa on mute.
One thing led to another and here it is, edited for good visual/audio sync.
FSOL + Nausicaa = The Future Sound of Nausicaa
*subtitles are included*

[spoiler]
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 1)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 2)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 3)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 4)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 5)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 6)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 7)
The Future Sound of Nausicaa (part 8)[/spoiler]

Edit:
I'd like to get a proper playlist for this.
Would make for a great FSOL mix.
Then again the effort went into syncing sounds to events.

Anyone manage to watch the whole thing? I'd love some
feedback.

Also, seems part 1 and 7 are banned in France. Stupid copyright youtube laws.
Suck it. Suck it dry.

Brandals

Parabox

[shitpost][spoiler]I paused at Sega, and went to do something else with my time.[/spoiler][/shitpost]
Edit: Yay pagebreak

Zhs2

I banned Parabox for a day so he really DOES have something better to do with his time.

Parabox

A.R.E.S. - Extinction Agenda Gameplay - Nyleveia.com

This is a good game.

Shadow Complex Gameplay Trailer [HD]

This copied Super Metroid, Half-Life 2 and Metal Gear Solid into an XBLA game with pretty cool graphics.

10 Minutes of... Abuse (1995)

And this is a pretty awesome DOS game.

Digital_Mantra

I recently uploaded Nausicaa, tho it had a custom soundtrack I painstakingly
synced to the film for a cool experience.

But no, I got this copyright shit fucking me in the ass.
Removing the videos and giving me a warning that they'll delete
my account if I contain any other copyright material.

Now, if I wanted to complain about all the recent youtube bullshit I'd have said this years ago.
But this recent shit became a catalyst.

You know when you look at your favorites and half of them are gone?
Or when you watch a video but the audio is removed?
Yeah, it FUCKING sucks.

Youtube is this massive corporate cock that fucks the assholes of your everyday user.
I've had enough of this shit.
Threaten to delete my account?!
Why don't you suck my dick?
I mean, you fucked me in the ass, how about some restitution.

Brandals

That is an amazing movie! I remember watching that when I was little.

and, I know what you mean about the youtube stuff..

snarfblam

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on January 26, 2011, 09:30:12 PMYoutube is this massive corporate cock that fraks the assholes of your everyday user.
That's the problem with automated computer police. It's rigid 100% unbending enforcement, whereas us humans like to be able to bend the rules a little bit, and it's aggravating. The thing is I can understand YouTube's need to be strict with copyright, because the alternative is to be sued into oblivion. I don't blame YouTube. I blame the stingy corporate content producers. They're the ones who decide what happens when copyright infringement is detected. I've had things flagged, but never yanked. It's amazing that some producers don't want the free advertising they get on YouTube. It's a ridiculous bureaucratic mind-set.

-DC-

Not sure if one of these may have been posted before, but the other was just posted today. Funny as hell, and watch the bonus scene and the graphics violence vid at the end of the minecraft one, too.

MINECRAFT: The Last Minecart

The end of this one is fuckin' hillarious:

Video Game Cheats in Real Life!

Phazar

So we're stickying this thread now?  Coolbeans.

Zhs2

Sticky faggots making it so I can't easily find this thread.

Voltaire-God Thinks

squishy_ichigo

So Zhs2 posts this on irc, I lol abit, then decide to post it here.

Awesome Series - Awesome Reach

Zhs2

The only problem is, I've linked that in IRC at least six times, or at least whenever ANYONE mentions Halo.