News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Z-Factor Hack v1.3

Started by Metaquarius, November 30, 2012, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

Quote from: Metaquarius on January 05, 2013, 03:28:44 PM
To anyone feeling like making a map for this hack, it would be really appreciated. :^_^:

I think persons like danidub could be enjoyed to make it  :^_^:

Quietus

Agreed.  If I wanted a map, then Danidub'd be my first choice.

Digital_Mantra

/tosses my map in the recycle bin..

Quote58

I thought Dmans map was pretty good, why not just let him finish it?
Though I agree that DD maps are certainly quite good as well.

Digital_Mantra

V.1 Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I was working on adding all items and upgrades to it but truth be told, danidub will make one hell of a map out of this hack.

Cloud20

Quote from: Shadow96 on January 05, 2013, 04:08:39 PM
I thought Dmans map was pretty good, why not just let him finish it?
Though I agree that DD maps are certainly quite good as well.

I didn't know that Dman worked also on the map. Btw good job Dman :)

Daltone

hey do you mind putting up a header version of 1.3 for me, 1.0 is crazy hard on snes lol, you have the most retarded save spots in it. I'm at the wreked ship and its fairly frustrating.

thanks champ

altoiddealer

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on January 05, 2013, 12:12:45 PM
You poor, poor soul..

I just came on expecting this type of response lol. Why? Because after hitting the dead end in wrecked ship and exploring virtually every other option elsewhere, apparently Maridia is my destination! :D joy!

MetroidMst

Quote from: altoiddealer on January 05, 2013, 05:19:35 PM
I just came on expecting this type of response lol. Why? Because after hitting the dead end in wrecked ship and exploring virtually every other option elsewhere, apparently Maridia is my destination! :D joy!
There is no joy in that... Unless other people watch the slow burn that happens. Zaridia will soon claim another victim.

ianfrombristol

Hi there,

I'm playing version 1.2 and have just managed to beat Phantoon and wondered if there is anyway out of the (apparently) game breaking glitch that occurs when you exit the room?

Metaquarius

Quote from: Metaquarius on December 09, 2012, 03:41:40 AM
Quote from: Aerezoloh on December 08, 2012, 05:24:56 PM
Not sure if this is affecting everyone, or just myself but I figured I would do well to bring this to attention. Just after defeating Phantoon, I got out, and found myself stuck, unable to do anything. Power Bomb to indicate where Samus ends up after leaving the boss room.
Damn it => I've updated v1.2 with a door fix, download the patch again, this should work now (compatible with your saves). Sorry for that. :sad:

ianfrombristol

Quote from: Metaquarius on January 06, 2013, 05:06:38 AM
Not sure if this is affecting everyone, or just myself but I figured I would do well to bring this to attention. Just after defeating Phantoon, I got out, and found myself stuck, unable to do anything. Power Bomb to indicate where Samus ends up after leaving the boss room.
Damn it => I've updated v1.2 with a door fix, download the patch again, this should work now (compatible with your saves). Sorry for that. :sad:
Thanks Meta, but where do I get this v1.2 (and a bit) from? It doesn't appear on the first page?

Zero One

ianfrombristol

Quote from: Zero One on January 06, 2013, 05:39:20 AM
v1.3 is out. Grab that.

Not compatible with my v1.2 save  :pwuh:

Metaquarius

Quote from: ianfrombristol on January 06, 2013, 05:37:38 AM
Quote from: Metaquarius on January 06, 2013, 05:06:38 AM
Thanks Meta, but where do I get this v1.2 (and a bit) from? It doesn't appear on the first page?
I sent you a PM. :^_^:

Quietus

Quote from: Shadow96 on January 05, 2013, 04:08:39 PMI thought Dmans map was pretty good, why not just let him finish it?
I think it was simply a case of nobody having seen DMan's map.  No offence was intended - we just didn't have a clue what it looked like. :^_^:

danidub

This is my map for v1.2
I will update for v1.3 later.
Thank you Metaquarius for such a great game.
[spoiler]http://www.dubreuil.ca/MapStation/Maps/Z-Factor.png[/spoiler]
Edit: Now the link is on v1.3

Daltone

Black Soldier

I just started playing this game (v1.3). I found this permastuck:

altoiddealer

Quote from: danidub on January 06, 2013, 12:16:05 PM
This is my map for v1.2
I will update for v1.3 later.
Thank you Metaquarius for such a great game.
[spoiler]http://www.dubreuil.ca/MapStation/Maps/Z-Factor.png[/spoiler]

Awesome map!

Metaquarius

Quote from: Daltone on January 05, 2013, 04:33:45 PM
hey do you mind putting up a header version of 1.3 for me, 1.0 is crazy hard on snes lol, you have the most retarded save spots in it. I'm at the wreked ship and its fairly frustrating.

thanks champ
Yep, I've just added a download link in the first post.

@BlackSoldier : It seems that placing push-down BTS blocks on a morph ball tunnel ceiling allows Samus to unmorph in some situations... quite disappointing...

@danidub : Great map for a great game :portal: Thanks.

Daltone

right on, ill give it another whirl.

altoiddealer

I still have yet to finish (playing v1.2), but I have the following comments thus far:

Awesome hack, really enjoying this one, except for the few occasions that I had to watch a youtube video to figure out where to go next  :mad:

Those locations being:

[spoiler]1. The hole with the 5 flying thingies. I actually dropped in it trying to run left/right several times, but never thought to morphball. If you were to leave, like, one open block somewhere in the far left corner which became visible once you drop in the hole, that probably would've made me think twice before completely disregarding it.
2. The left wall that you can shoot out in Norfair to get to Wave. However this was my bad, I should've noticed the hint in the map :)
3. In the wrecked ship, where you shoot out the floor to find the tunnel. I was scanning all over the place with X-Ray but somehow managed to overlook this, and as a result I felt that I was skipping ahead or something and that I was missing something in Maridia (which I had not explored as much as possible, too)
4. In Maridia (duh) I did drop into that room and shinesparked to the right. But once I ran across the crumble blocks in the next room, I simply never revisited the room again. And it certainly looked inconspicuous on the map, being right in the middle with only a few black unexplored squares around it.[/spoiler]

One other observation: Once I defeated Phantoon, I made a beeline for the Map Room without taking the elevator.  After doing that, I believe I had no other option than to IBJ back up that shaft where the ghost things (that you need to freeze to get up) were replaced with those flying balls (that don't freeze). This was annoying but I surprised myself and managed to pull it off after only a few attempts.

Awesome level design, love the exploration and aside from what others have said before, I felt that the intended path was relatively clear, aside from the few hiccups in my spoiler tag

Dude, keep up the good work  :bounce:

Metaquarius

Quote from: altoiddealer on January 07, 2013, 11:20:41 PM
aside from what others have said before, I felt that the intended path was relatively clear, aside from the few hiccups in my spoiler tag
Dude, keep up the good work  :bounce:
Thanks. Good to hear that v1.2 has actually improved overall navigation.

I'm curious about the 4rd location you mentionned, can you tell me where this room is more precisely, please ?

altoiddealer

Quote from: Metaquarius on January 08, 2013, 11:57:43 AM
Thanks. Good to hear that v1.2 has actually improved overall navigation.

I'm curious about the 4rd location you mentionned, can you tell me where this room is more precisely, please ?

Surely!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

There were still blue squares on my map which I neglected to scrub out (that critical room being one of them).  Once I ran across the crumble blocks I simply never came back  :=x: .  So I don't think that's really an issue with your hack, but as we all know Maridia is freaking huge and definitely easy to get lost, especially with how well hidden practically every item and critical path in the game is.  So once I visited the top half of that room, that little blue square in the bottom corner looked pretty worthless on the map.

So I haven't had to cheat any more times than those specified, just entered lower Norfair... looking forward to the Tourian everyone has been mentioning!