News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] [CRASH] Room crash

Started by MATHGODpi, August 12, 2012, 07:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATHGODpi

smweirdglitch

:pale:

Didn't really do much to the game, just changed a bunch of door links and did some minor tile selection changes to the room Samus is trying to enter. Also the SM PLM was moved to a different spot in the room, but that shouldn't cause such a dramatic glitch...

X-tradyte

Check for any missing PLM's that have a [?] that would make it so you can't enter the room.

also check pointers and exactly what the room is directing to. Maybe try a different ROM if nothing can be changed on the matter.

MATHGODpi

Quote from: Wildfire on August 12, 2012, 07:33:20 PM
Check for any missing PLM's that have a [?] that would make it so you can't enter the room.

also check pointers and exactly what the room is directing to. Maybe try a different ROM if nothing can be changed on the matter.
For that particular door, it still leads to the same room that it does in the original SM. I didn't alter that door at all. The only thing that's different is the location of the super missile and a few tiles.

X-tradyte

Alright then. Did you mess around with the super missile's high/low? If the high is 01-FF, then that would probably fuck the room up. I haven't done that ever so I wouldn't know 100% but.

If you can't resolve it in the editor it's probably a hex problem. In which case you will need someone else to try to figure it out cause I know only a little bit of things in hex.

Otherwise all I can say is you fucked something up with the room. Also check Room states too, I forgot! if there are any.

FullOfFail

Try making the super missile a arrow and putting it off to the side. See if the room works. If it still doesn't work, then just grab a backup that works properly and re-save the rooms you've made recently back in.

personitis

Honestly, that seems like something that would happen if you put a PLM on the top row of tiles in a room, though I've never done it myself. Though, if you can move to this room in SMILE, then that shouldn't be a problem. Also see if there are any special enemy instructions that need to be done (example: x enemy needs to have Speed2 set to y value). Make sure all the values of the doors are correct and, in theory, should work. A screenshot you your room as viewed by SMILE might help or a good list of things you did to the room you entered would probably give better results. :^_^:

MATHGODpi

[spoiler=pictures]

[/spoiler]

Only copied and pasted the chozo statue, and moved the super missile PLM. Nothing else.

Smiley

Have you changed the room's music? Some Collection/Play -combinations can cause problems.
And if you really, absolutely haven't changed anything else in the room, you've probably done something in some other room that causes this. Try Tools -> Offscreen Enemies/PLM's to Screen and see if anything that's not supposed to be there pops out.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Did you Change any thing in that enemies DNA? if the Ai pointers are off or you try to point to a different enemies Ai ASM, it could cause a similar glitch.