News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid : Darkholme Hospital

Started by Cloud20, May 01, 2012, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShepherd82

your teaser is pretty cool, can't wait to see how it's gonna be like =)

Cloud20

Thanks TheShepherd82 :)
If you're still interested by it, you can play the version 1.2 available on first post.

Btw, I feel that your signature is a reference to Depeche Mode, i'm a GREAT FAN of them  :grin:

Cloud20

Now HUD step.

This is the original HUD :

Now the mini-map is (almost) erased, I have more free space to use for expand energy bar.

The following picture is the project thought for the new HUD stuff. The purple elements will be the integrated stuff for Spy Mode (3 medical packs and Goldeneye/X-ray)

Cloud20

So third post.
I'm at 98 % of completion for the main patch.
Now all real progress is details polishing or other stuff. The're picture of some small progress I made :

Better palette for 5th Floor machines (and also better probes tiles since the version 1.2)

New magnetic door graphics/ overall shutter tiles (The cre is not entirely updated on this pic, the "off button" are now black and not dark yellow)

Robot added at the exit, during the elevator shaft sequence

So, they are small content, but I wanted to show something new about Darkholme.  :^_^:

Qactis

That white medi-pack symbol in the first screen looks too bright for the rest of the tileset. If it is supposed to be backlit, you should add in some illuminated green tiles around it, a fade from bright green to dark green

Cloud20

Good remark Qactis. I don't know if you remember, in 1.2 the medi symbol in 5th had a very bright orange (I fixed that, just forgot now to edit the white, I will do that indeed)  :^_^:

Quote58

So this is late coming, but anyway.

Not sure if you resolved your spy mode/golden eye/ghost thing, but if not, then I think this may help.
It's basically what Quietus was talking about, using the trans bts blocks to make the secret tiles appear, just made into a visor of sorts.
trans visor
it activates in the video from pressing item cancel for the record.

As for your hud, the etank extension would be pretty easy, so let me know if you haven't done that yet.

Cloud20

OMG  :whoa:

Really interesting Shadow96

The application in Darkholme can be fantastic :D
Thank you very much, I will probably talk to you when I will begin the spy mode

And for HUD, I finnally dont plan to redo it, I just pushed to left counters + HUD icons with JAM notes, but thanks again.

Cloud20

Good news! The hack is now finished but you must wait a moment again. For waiting, please check the first post, read the updates board to have an idea of what expecting you  :yay:

passarbye

but why wait to release when you could release and focus on the new patches at the same time?
just curious.

Cloud20

Quote from: passarbye on March 31, 2013, 01:16:27 PM
but why wait to release when you could release and focus on the new patches at the same time?
just curious.

Few months ago I made a poll about it, two options were available :

- Release first the Darkholme patch and release after keypatchs
or
- Release the full package

Democracy voted for the second option, sorry but you must wait  :^_^:

Metaquarius

I AM DISAPPOINT ! Where is the credit list ? I NEED TO BE IN !  :twisted:

Cloud20

Don't worry you will be in obviously :D

passarbye

Quote from: Cloud13 on March 31, 2013, 01:33:20 PM
Quote from: passarbye on March 31, 2013, 01:16:27 PM
just curious.

Few months ago I made a poll about it...
Democracy voted for the second option, sorry but you must wait  :^_^:
ah, okay. I can deal with democracy.  :wink:

Cloud20

Anyway I think the "Armored Probes" and "Black Nurse" patchs will be finished soon. They are the simpliest to do.

Edit :

The Keypatchs A and C are released

Cloud20

Hey, I'm making the list for credits. A lot of people worked on Darkholme since one year :

Black Falcon : Separated charge/hyper vulnerability
Danidub : For maps constructions
DSO : Diverses hex tweaks, complete Door fade ASM patch
Grime : For Nude Samus graphics, at death.
JAM : A lot of patches and fixes including HUD, The CRE/Shutter palette matching patch, Ceres/debug usage, Sm JX, Double Treadmill patch, ending scene fixing, coming surprises and also for his patience.  :lol:
Metaquarius : Map saving fix
Mon732 : 1.0 Fixing, for having map appearing at Main Entry.
PhazonWebb16 : for a remake of Mainframe tiles (already used for Black Plague)
Shadow96 : 1.0 Fixing, edit for having Plasma at beginning and text corrections for evidences and intro trailer
Webb Brothers, Drevan Zero, and JAM : Beta testing

If I forgot someone, tell me, this list will be bigger with time anyway.

Nikoshiba

Darkholme Hospital ! Darkholme Hospital !

The crowd is going crazy !

Cloud20

Quote from: Nikoshiba on June 05, 2013, 06:51:52 AM
Darkholme Hospital ! Darkholme Hospital !

The crowd is going crazy !

:lol:

I take the opportunity to speak more about the SPY MODE

Actually it is the most complicated patch to work for some reasons.

I can drop some details but keep secret about main surprises. The interest of this patch is the partial reconfiguration of the classic 2.0 item route. Some main items will be replaced by some other and their new positions (and new doors re-setting) need an different path.

Second thing is the 6 new secrets rooms containing some additional tanks. Actually I have 4 of them, one by floor.

The third is the apparition of the Spy Set item, containing Hover Boots (Space Jump) and Goldeneye (X-ray). The last one is really usefull for finding the indicated secret rooms and also, (WIP idea) detect ghostly energy fields. Space jump add something useful to fight probes and spin jump underwater.

For the moment, I keep secret the thing that we're working with (the amazing) JAM.

Nikoshiba

TheShepherd82

hey dude !
i played your hack for half an hour until now...i reached the 3 floor.
i see it's a little harder, because of that steam and faster drones.
i love your hack, keep it alive, put it on cardridge or make it a little longer
before doing that  :^_^:

cheers
jack

Cloud20

Thx man :D

Actually I stay quite far from forums/IRC and hacking because I haven't really time for it. Intership/Job and other personnal stuff are totally sucking my time and my mind. I hope in the better case to finish Darkholme v2.0 for August, but I can't promise something officially.

Vismund Cygnus

I look forward to seeing the new version completed. I've been waiting for the release so I can finally get around to playing the hack!
[spoiler]that is, I feel that now that you're so close to finishing I don't wanna play version 1 and then play version 2 basically straight away  :heheh:[/spoiler]

Nikoshiba

Good luck Cloud13 !
I'm waiting for your v2.0 to go and play your hack ! ^^

danidub

I can wait because I am pretty busy myself right now. :yay:

The Monster of Surrealton

I originally planned to upload a video of me playing the game for the first time, but it ended up being 20-30 minutes of me screwing around looking for the first Missile tank (watching person701's video just now, I found out what I did wrong) and practicing midair Morph Balls.

What I like so far:
Samus' new basic suit palette
The choice of music for the floors
Naked Samus death animation (don't judge me! >_<)

What I didn't like:
The choice of music in the entrance area feels out of place and less chilling than the music used inside the hospital. I would suggest the version of Crateria's rainy surface music with just the rain and thunder (the one that plays after you wake up the planet but before you beat Kraid.)