News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Advance

Started by FlamingCobra, February 15, 2012, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamingCobra

This is what I hope the title screen will eventually look like:

Well, the title needs to look more "GBA" but otherwise I hope it looks exactly like that.
Firstly, all characters (baby metroid), game names (super metroid), and scenario concepts (Ceres station) are property of Nintendo. "PRESS START" sprite is property of Nintendo. "(C) 1994 Nintendo" sprite is a derivative of a work copyrighted by Nintendo. Lettering style of "ADVANCE" sprite is based off of a work that is property of Nintendo.

I give the FSMR people credit for the beautiful background.

interdpth

Get Title screen function
This can be done by finding when the game loads the title then backtracking.
Once found
Write it down,
Via grit export your title screen to .bin files, then you can throw them in the game.

you'd want the press start to be its own GFX so you can make it blink and shit

routine would be like
//Transfer func

//Set routine up.
SetBG(0)//Sets some registers for BG0
SetBG(1)//Sets some registers for BG1
LoadData(PAL1, PALMEM);//Transfer...
LoadData(TILE1, TILEMEM);//Transfer...
LoadData(BlockData, BLKDATAMEM);//Transfer...
LoadData(PAL2, PALMEM);//Transfer...
LoadData(TILE2, TILEMEM);//Transfer...
LoadData(BlockData2, BLKDATAMEM);//Transfer...
while(readkeys!=KEY_START||readkeys!=KEY_A){
  MakeBG1Visible();
   ADD Reg1, 1
   if(Reg1/3){//Flashes or something
     MakeBg0Visible();
   }else{
    MakeBg0Invisible():
   }

}

return 1;
}

Make something like that in ASM...
Turn the old start screen into your bitch and make it jump to your new function then that bitch will take control and you'll be gravy

FlamingCobra

QuoteGet Title screen function
This can be done by finding when the game loads the title then backtracking.

?????????

Qactis

You'll need a gba debugger and some patience :p

FlamingCobra

Current green brinstar tileset

Vines = need work

floor = working on it but it looks like shit

Smiley

The floor looks better than anything I've ever made.

interdpth

FlamingCobra

snarfblam

FlamingCobra

zephyrtronium

If you're a pathological liar, then sure, the things in your mind are lies.

FlamingCobra

heheheh... now if only I can get it to blink and shit.

Blarget2

That is beautiful. Who taught you pixel art? :P

Damski

Quote from: Blarget2 on April 15, 2012, 08:20:20 AM
That is beautiful. Who taught you pixel art? :P

I think FlamingCobra used this Reference when he drawn those tileset.

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/MetroidFusion-Sector2(TRO).png

Malpercio

I would think it would actually be using Super Metroid as a reference, since after all this is supposed to be Super Metroid in Zero Mission. Also, that's the first room in brinstar in Super too, unless you count the area with Morph.

knuckles

This sounds like a really cool project... now once you get done with "tilesets", how will you make the bosses that don't exist in mzm but are in super metroid?
When I first saw super zero metroid mission on youtube, I thought it was a mzm hack of super metroid... now there will be one :D

FlamingCobra

request = NULL ;;;;; ERROR :: 0x12 429 PONY
01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 00100000 01100100 01101111 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01101011 01101110 01101111 01110111

Zhs2

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't slander members of the community, especially in binary. We have a rule against posting in unintelligible languages such as 1337speak, and we also have a rule against posting things in hack topics that do not contribute to the topics themselves. Plus, your outburst is bad form in general. Have you perhaps considered settling your issue with said person privately instead of angrily posting your rant for everyone to read?

FlamingCobra

Finally! I got in contact with Kenji! He's going to help me with the project! Well, graphics related stuff, anyway.

Once the green Brinstar tileset is complete, I'm going to upload a video to YouTube demonstrating what I have done so far. This will hopefully let more people know about the game and maybe some people will ask me if they can help out with the project!

passarbye

Quote from: FlamingCobra on April 26, 2012, 05:49:23 PM
Finally! I got in contact with Kenji! He's going to help me with the project! Well, graphics related stuff, anyway.

Once the green Brinstar tileset is complete, I'm going to upload a video to YouTube demonstrating what I have done so far. This will hopefully let more people know about the game and maybe some people will ask me if they can help out with the project!
kenji's been pretty active on the revival forums lately..
[/shamelessprojectadvertising]

also can't wait for the youtube vids. :)

Qactis

Yes those are the vines from the very gorgeous TRO set from fusion, and they look great Flaming.

Quote from: Zhs2 on April 20, 2012, 09:50:26 PM
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't slander members of the community, especially in binary

If he posted it with the (code)(/code) BB codes would it be OK?

Zhs2

interdpth

I need an update on this, FlamingCobra.

New DH release is soon D:

passarbye

why does is sound like that's a bad thing?