News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Re: SM: Blood (opened)

Started by X-tradyte, May 28, 2011, 03:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-tradyte

Well, Get KT JDDD on IRC, and it can be on there, besides, we send PM's back and forth as well. Just have fun with your assigned rooms, and I'll take care of my mad posting...in which I should/am laying off for a while, I might leave the forum for a while and come back after I have a big update to Apocalypse.

KT JDDD

I am having very bad luck trying to get this room (95ff) fixed.  If anybody would like to take a whack at it, then be my guest.  Just post a reply or PM me telling me how you fixed it, and I'll do likewise and fix it.  Look forward to 0.8.5 soon, once DarkSamus finishes wrecked ship.

UPDATE: 1,000 THANKS TO Webber1900 for finding the problem with 95FF.

Charmander106

I checked the room (95FF), there was PLM's causing problems. I will fix it for you as part of my assignment.

EDIT: Here is room B07A:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

KT JDDD

This will include the massive update that DarkSamus so generously volunteered to do.  This will also include a few changes in beam shot speed and power.  This will come soon.
This will include the new Wrecked Ship, and other various changes and fixes.

No more crashing rooms, and no more glitches in rooms.  I would really like to reach this by the end of June July.  It's going to be hard, but it seems to always be the same rooms that glitch, and it's mostly just graphic glitches.

This will signal when no more rooms that are mandatory for the route of the game to be glitched out.  As well, all rooms mandatory for the route will have undergone their tile changes and transformations.  I want to get here before summer ends.

Every room will be done, and everything will be searched carefully for glitches.  The escape sequence also needs to be done.  Since rooms were added to the escape, those rooms on the way don't explode during the escape.  Basically, this version will be used for final glitch checks.  Halloween is a good goal for here I think.

After thorough testing and then adding names to the credits.  I would like to reach this by Thanksgiving.  If it is reached considerably earlier, then you can expect a release before thanksgiving.  If not, an early December release.

Of course, I do not expect this to take THAT long.  I definitely believe it can be complete by the end of the summer, or even by the end of July if I work hard.  However, this is just a plan.  The goal is to get it done ahead of schedule.

X-tradyte

I'll fix up the Escape sequence. It's easy, and I think I should be able to add a state to a room, for Event 1.

I'm nearly finished 93FE, I've added custom metal poles, made by me. I've made corner poles, tri-poles and quad-poles and even horizontal poles. I still have a bunch of space left to use at the top, and even 1 door. If you have anything you'd like me to add, or to link that door, just input.

I shall be done the update to 8.5 soon. Although, I will be changing the start menu aswell, I hope for that on 8.7

0.9, I will put in all the graphical beam/item work, that I am doing. That's all for now. thank you everyone, and Thank you KT, for giving me this opportunity, to work with you. :)

Just finished 93FE, Here is the full product.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
EDIT: just noticed the blocks in the air, I'll fix that now.

Super Metroid Blood - Ghost Glitch
Lol.

VideoGeemer

Quote from: DarkSamus on June 13, 2011, 02:48:18 PM

Right above that bottom door, there seems to be no vines, and just black. I'm not sure if that was deliberate or not. Besides that, great rooms, man.

And also, though it's been said before:

Quote from: Webber1900 on June 15, 2011, 12:39:46 AM
Here is room B656:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Awesome indeed, man. Perfectly captures the feel of Metroid.

VG

Black Falcon

Quote from: README.txt
95FF (no redesign.  room is crashing and needs fixing)

-> Reason: Two hidden  ?    PLMs in the room which caused crashing.
            -> Solution: Go to Help > 'Offscreen PLMs to screen' and change both of them to scroll arrows with Hi/lo = 00!

Edit: And now I'm pissed because I wasted 2 whole mins with this stuff and didn't read carefully that Webber already fixed it, too >_>

But still:
[spoiler= Important Note:]
-> DONT FUCKING MESS WITH THE PLM +/- FEATURE IF YOU HAVEN'T REPOINTED THEM YET!!!!!
If you don't do this, you may overwrite PLMs from other rooms causing a chain reaction of problems!
And if you repointed them, make sure to look around for other PLMs that might cause crashing![/spoiler]

Though I didn't say anything about participation and all, I put my hands on room 9C5F:

Still incomplete to my mind due to lack of space (my one and only major problem whatsoever >_>).
If you want it, take it, if you expanded and want me to finish this room, sure.
Just tell me and I'll send you the patch (I guess that's what you did to get the other rooms).

Although I have my doubts, because the individual editing styles of the peeps who make rooms for this hack could make the finished product look like thrown together (you know what I mean).

KT JDDD

Quote from: Black Falcon on June 19, 2011, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: README.txt
95FF (no redesign.  room is crashing and needs fixing)

-> Reason: Two hidden  ?    PLMs in the room which caused crashing.
            -> Solution: Go to Help > 'Offscreen PLMs to screen' and change both of them to scroll arrows with Hi/lo = 00!

Edit: And now I'm pissed because I wasted 2 whole mins with this stuff and didn't read carefully that Webber already fixed it, too >_>

But still:
[spoiler= Important Note:]
-> DONT FUCKING MESS WITH THE PLM +/- FEATURE IF YOU HAVEN'T REPOINTED THEM YET!!!!!
If you don't do this, you may overwrite PLMs from other rooms causing a chain reaction of problems!
And if you repointed them, make sure to look around for other PLMs that might cause crashing![/spoiler]

Though I didn't say anything about participation and all, I put my hands on room 9C5F:

Still incomplete to my mind due to lack of space (my one and only major problem whatsoever >_>).
If you want it, take it, if you expanded and want me to finish this room, sure.
Just tell me and I'll send you the patch (I guess that's what you did to get the other rooms).

Although I have my doubts, because the individual editing styles of the peeps who make rooms for this hack could make the finished product look like thrown together (you know what I mean).

I do very much want that room.

Black Falcon

Quote from: KT JDDD on June 21, 2011, 01:33:50 AM
I do very much want that room.
Alright, check your pms.

[spoiler=How the room looks now]
Nothin that special.
Style clash with other rooms ahead.. :neutral:
[/spoiler]

A_red_monk_called_Key

There is no room in sm ph for more GFX like these and i really like them so i converted them to original colors in set 7. if you like them i may have more

BlackSnow2211

If possible, I'd be more than willing to do some work for this hack. I really want to make a full hack of my own sometime but I bet a smaller task like this would be a good place to start. If anyone wants, I can whip up a room (can do a palette as well) as soon as possible to show you what my work is like and help to make a decision.

KT JDDD

Quote from: BlackSnow2211 on June 24, 2011, 09:09:44 PM
If possible, I'd be more than willing to do some work for this hack. I really want to make a full hack of my own sometime but I bet a smaller task like this would be a good place to start. If anyone wants, I can whip up a room (can do a palette as well) as soon as possible to show you what my work is like and help to make a decision.

Let us release version 0.8.5.  Once we can get that release online and running, I will personally contact you.

JamieWebb16

An update has been made in the first post, involving a Webb brothers edit of Super Metroid Blood. Go see the first post for IPS patch and other important info about it.

fuducker81

MetalZer0

I will playtest this so far with my every-time-get-permastuck abilities
and will pm you with a feed if you want so  :eyeroll:

JamieWebb16

I've done a reedit of a room, so therefore, here it is:

Quietus

My only niggle would be the brightness of the actual door cap.  It looks almost blindingly bright cmpared to the rest of the room.  If it's metallic you're after, start with colours similar to the actual door part.  Otherwise, I like it.

JamieWebb16

I fixed the door cap, as you can see from my previous post, I updated the image. I think it looks much better now, don't you agree?

Qactis

I'll take a room or 4 if you want KT

Quietus

Quote from: JamieWebb16 on July 31, 2011, 12:40:33 PMI think it looks much better now, don't you agree?
Yup.  It fits in much better now. :^_^:

JamieWebb16

Quote from: Quietus on July 31, 2011, 06:33:29 PMYup.  It fits in much better now. :^_^:
I actually just wanted feedback on the room in the first place, but thats OK, I was able to fix it anyways. Thank you Quietus.  :^_^:

Draconis Kenjishiya

Like 3 months later...

lol sorry about that. This is 9461 and D1A3, the latter of which having been switched to Lower Norfair's tileset.

Enjoy.