News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Yeah, they look great. The only thing I'd change now is actually the speed of the water flow, as it seems a bit rapid, and if there were a current like that, you'd expect it to start affecting your movement. :^_^:

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: Quietus on August 16, 2016, 04:44:36 AM
Yeah, they look great. The only thing I'd change now is actually the speed of the water flow, as it seems a bit rapid,

I see what you mean. Another thing I forgot to mention about the water flow, not only can I control which direction it flows, but also the speed... on a per room basis.

Quote from: Quietus on August 16, 2016, 04:44:36 AM
and if there were a current like that, you'd expect it to start affecting your movement. :^_^:

This got me to thinking. Perhaps I could implement water currents, which push Samus around a bit. Considering wall-jumping in water is much easier in my engine (though it can be tweaked) than in SM, currents could be a way to prevent players from getting to certain areas until they have the Gravity Suit (which would allow moving through currents like they weren't even there).

Quietus

Make sure you also take the Ice Beam to deal with the Wetroids. :^_^:

Smiley

I figured out more stuff.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_kuvgMbe4

HDMA! :grin:[/spoiler]

But figuring it out was a total pain because I didn't understand how one byte, just one damn byte, works.

Quietus

Now you just need to figure out how to use the rainbow beam palette, and we can all completely trip out. :cheers:

biospark

passarbye

is there a way to make the tractor beam move the pickups faster?

biospark

Quote from: passarbye on August 24, 2016, 12:56:48 PM

Easily. I modified part of the asm file to make it more clear, so you can redownload it if you'd like. It's based on the ratio of the horizontal and vertical distance from Samus.

MoveTable:
.byte 0,0
.byte 3,3 ; 1:1
.byte 3,2 ; 2:1
.byte 4,1 ; 3:1
.byte 4,0 ; 4:1

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: biospark on August 24, 2016, 01:38:37 PM
Quote from: passarbye on August 24, 2016, 12:56:48 PM

Easily. I modified part of the asm file to make it more clear, so you can redownload it if you'd like. It's based on the ratio of the horizontal and vertical distance from Samus.

MoveTable:
.byte 0,0
.byte 3,3 ; 1:1
.byte 3,2 ; 2:1
.byte 4,1 ; 3:1
.byte 4,0 ; 4:1

If its not too hard for you, can you do the same for fusion, or would x parasite drops data be complicated for you to make it ?

biospark

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on August 24, 2016, 06:38:08 PM
If its not too hard for you, can you do the same for fusion, or would x parasite drops data be complicated for you to make it ?

X parasites have more complicated AI, so I won't be attempting it, sorry. If I did, I would look into the code for getting sucked in by a power bomb, since you might be able to reuse some of it. You'd at least want to give the X the same animation they use while getting sucked in.

Dark-SA-X

I figured you wouldn't have the knowledge to pull that off yet, thanks anyway for answering.

interdpth

Quote from: biospark on August 24, 2016, 07:32:34 PM
Quote from: Dark-SA-X on August 24, 2016, 06:38:08 PM

X parasites have more complicated AI, so I won't be attempting it, sorry. If I did, I would look into the code for getting sucked in by a power bomb, since you might be able to reuse some of it. You'd at least want to give the X the same animation they use while getting sucked in.

I have a custom pose implemented to handle X floating towards a Metroid, let me know if you need something. I have most of X decompiled

biospark

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on August 25, 2016, 05:17:49 AM
I figured you wouldn't have the knowledge to pull that off yet, thanks anyway for answering.

I think I have the knowledge ;) Just not the time.

Thirteen1355

How do you insert a .asm file into the game (Zero Misison)?

FelixWright

Quote from: biospark on August 24, 2016, 03:09:24 AM
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2n_dD0S44[/spoiler]

This could just be because I'm running a bunch of other patches at the same time, but applying the patch to my Tinker ROM keeps it from booting.

however

offset 00760D38

unable to boot:

7C B4 28 48 00 78 40 28 47 D3 27 48

replacing these makes it boot w/o item drops:

02 48 01 21 01 70 51 88 0B 42 70 47

any idea what might be causing your patch to conflict? The offset you assigned the ASM to is completely empty.

biospark

If there truly is free space at that offset, it should work. What other patches have you applied?

FelixWright

From Trunaur68:
- Missile Door Hack
- Additional Clipdata Hack
- Menu Hack (toggle items)
From you:
- Unknown Items Patch
- (Perhaps?) Midair Ballsparking patch
General MetConst patches:
- (Fixed) Fullsuit patch

So, Come to think of it, I believe that the Clipdata hack takes up the offset location you assigned the tractor beam patch.

I'll try setting yours a little higher.

setting the destination to offset 00900000 made the ROM unreadable. Fortunately backups are a thing

biospark

Quote from: FelixWright on August 26, 2016, 11:54:25 PM
setting the destination to offset 00900000 made the ROM unreadable. Fortunately backups are a thing

That's larger than the ROM is...

All you have to do is open your ROM in a hex editor and find some free space near the end.

Baconface

Some assorted screenshots
[spoiler]

Clockwise from upper left: Crateria, Crateria, Brinstar, Brinstar, Wrecked Ship, Norfair[/spoiler]
I think at this point my hack might be far enough for a thread of its own?? I would do that but coming up with good hack names is haaaard

Metaquarius

@Baconface Thoses screenies are looking great. Go ahead and make a thread for your hack !

FelixWright

Quote from: biospark on August 27, 2016, 12:42:38 AM
Quote from: FelixWright on August 26, 2016, 11:54:25 PM

That's larger than the ROM is...

All you have to do is open your ROM in a hex editor and find some free space near the end.

My expanded ROM is the full 32MB in size. for some reason, however, from offset 00800000 to a little over 01000000 it's a shit ton of zeroes. Should I made those FF, or should I make all the FFs at the end 00?

passarbye

Quote from: Baconface on August 27, 2016, 03:05:17 AM
Some assorted screenshots...
I would do that but coming up with good hack names is haaaard
Those screenshots are fucking beautiful :blush: (love the palettes)
for a name, just come up with something you like. It doesn't have to be anything grand.

MetroidMst

Super Metroid: Samus Hunts Pigs for Breakfast Meats

crazyal02

When in doubt, just call your thread "im new but here's a modified landing site"