News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

It might be a nice touch if you had some light reflecting on the underside of surfaces within so many tiles of the waterline. Like the effect you see on the underside of boats of sea caves.

TobiMikami

Quietus

The straights look great, but the corners don't seem right, like they don't really continue the stripes round.

FPzero

Prime never actually had corner tiles for its tracks. If you absolutely want corners, might I suggest having the upper left and lower right corner tiles have the arrows turning the corner instead? The upper right and lower left look like they're generating the arrow pattern as they are now, which is neat, but you can't have the same effect with the other two corners.

Physix

Ayy hatch locks, took a lot more code to make than I thought.

TobiMikami

Quote from: FPzero on July 06, 2016, 03:40:23 PM
Prime never actually had corner tiles for its tracks.
That's a misconception I had myself.

I'm very sure it's only this one area that actually uses it, well, considering this is the room easily holds the record for most spiderball track in Metroid Prime. Originally I thought I would just run the vertical and horizontal tracks perpendicular to each other, but the argument came to "Which rail should be on top of the other?" So thinking of the best place to see the most complicated Spider Ball course in Metroid Prime, I looked up the Plasma Beam venture, and sure enough, here it is.

Obviously, Prime's blends a hell of a lot better than mine does. To be fair, I didn't know the corner existed when I created the rails, so the math was only run so that they would repeat properly, not so that they would make a proper connection with the corner too. I've yet to truly experiment with it to see where my opportunities lie. My five day work week ends tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to relax and build Metroid instead of furniture for a couple days.

Quietus

I still think that you'd be better off with proper corner tiles, regardless of whether Prime had them or not.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Physix on July 04, 2016, 02:25:33 PM
Quote from: altoiddealer on July 02, 2016, 08:37:29 AM
The new water sure makes it easier to see what you're doing... but it's not like that really matters in the area you are showing.

Snarf hated on m'water saying it's all too easy to see through. Called it a "water web" or something, so I gave it a tint.

He is right though , if the water were being pushed to the right or left instead of wavering like that.
It wouldn't like a water web made of some sort toxic algae or whatever.
I like the color of the water in your area, icy underground cavern with dim litted areas I see dangerous accidents happening.

interdpth

Was hoping to have some enemy telekinetics going by now, but working on the buld environment. On the last step now but will probably release that for GBA hackers once I announce the hack. Good looking work everyone.

MollyAncalime

You can use these spiderball tracks if you want.

FPzero

Quote from: MollyAncalime on July 08, 2016, 01:40:52 AM

Imgur links don't always work. I think I fixed it for you.

Physix

Quote from: FPzero on July 08, 2016, 01:54:48 AM
Quote from: MollyAncalime on July 08, 2016, 01:40:52 AM

Imgur links don't always work. I think I fixed it for you.

O shit waddup

MollyAncalime

Ah damnit I forgot about that. And yeah you can use 'em too if you want Physix, they're free for anyone to use.

MetroidPeter

Quote from: Physix on July 02, 2016, 04:29:46 AM

I'm guessing I fixed it?

Just saw this for the first time.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?!

FPzero

That looks really nice. I like the fading shimmer effect.

Dark-SA-X

Interdpth based on the video what is your intended purpose besides collecting data and testing out the sa-x
By the looks of it, you could a mini hack when your done with it to show it off.

Also my title screen is finished, mostly it is, working with yy-chr and pushing the roman numeral tiles to fit isn't easy.
Also this is another screenshot of of norfair, I plan on making norfair into a chozo ruins area.
If you hit the fire flys all of the lighting in the fire area will go out, still haven't figured how to make the whole room go black yet -_-

interdpth

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on July 25, 2016, 12:24:39 AM
Interdpth based on the video what is your intended purpose besides collecting data and testing out the sa-x
By the looks of it, you could a mini hack when your done with it to show it off.

Also my title screen is finished, mostly it is, working with yy-chr and pushing the roman numeral tiles to fit isn't easy.
Also this is another screenshot of of norfair, I plan on making norfair into a chozo ruins area.
If you hit the fire flys all of the lighting in the fire area will go out, still haven't figured how to make the whole room go black yet -_-

A 75% hack is the goal. Gotta make these dreamz come true, I mean come on a SA-X that shoots Metroids? Oh yeah

Baconface

I may or may not be back so here's some minor palette and tile shenanigans.

FPzero

I actually really like those palettes. They're very different from what you'd normally see in a metroid game. They're more alien, sure, but they almost feel more...90s? I don't know how to properly describe it but it gives me a feeling I can't fully describe in a good way. Nice mix of Crateria with Green Maridia tiles too.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Baconface on August 02, 2016, 05:19:27 PM

I may or may not be back so here's some minor palette and tile shenanigans.

I like your screenshot, I can tell from the sky color your trying to make it look like zebes planet color, give a lighter orange color.
Also the fusion doors look nice, the door caps on them, looks iffy but put the fusion doors on them, it would look real good in zebes like that.

Baconface

the orange sky is just supposed to be like a sunset or something around that time

anyways, here's some of a room.

snarfblam

Super-saturated unusual palette choices, but you make it look good.

* snarfblam approves

inb4 Quietus tells you that you need more variety in the filler tiles.