News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on June 15, 2015, 02:49:22 AM
[spoiler=Scrolls? Scrolls!]
[/spoiler]
dude you have no idea how excited I am for this editor.
How does the scroll editing actually work? like a resize box or numbers?

biospark

Quote from: passarbye on June 15, 2015, 03:39:46 PMHow does the scroll editing actually work? like a resize box or numbers?
Make sure "Move" is checked, then click and drag the corners. Right-click on a corner to remove a scroll, right-click anywhere to add a scroll.

Of course I haven't implemented all of this yet, but it shouldn't take very long.

Cpt.Glitch

Oh man I hope this one actually works unlike the buggy double helix scroll editor. :D

biospark

Quietus

That's pretty much how we'd expect them to work. :nod:

Cpt.Glitch

passarbye

that's awesome.
I'm guessing over-lapping them would allow a scroll area to activate much sooner, but can you control the speed at which they move as well?
or rather, how much area they show and how fast that area shows after samus is inside the scroll at least 1 block.

biospark

Quote from: passarbye on June 16, 2015, 04:13:42 PM
that's awesome.
I'm guessing over-lapping them would allow a scroll area to activate much sooner, but can you control the speed at which they move as well?
or rather, how much area they show and how fast that area shows after samus is inside the scroll at least 1 block.
afaik you can't control the speed. Also, the existing scrolls within the game are almost always overlapping. When you enter the overlapping region, the camera seems to move freely. I'm not positive how the overlapping parts work yet.

biospark

Copy/paste feature added. The editor is close to release (within a couple weeks).

Quietus

That's cool. Are you also looking to add shortcut keys in as well?

biospark

Turns out ZM is more similar than I thought. Probably going to incorporate ZM editing before it's released.

Xenesis

I've been doing my day-hacking-job:

Mostly just porting stuff from other Advance Wars games into Advance Wars 2. It's getting kinda silly, but it's still fun.

Cpt.Glitch

Nice xenesis! Advance wars as a great game.

Cloud20

@Retro

Nice room but a little bit empty for me.

MetroidMst

I like that the Grapple blocks using the same palette as the ruins, but like Cloud says, it is missing something. And that something is bubbles.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

biospark

Probably lied about the editor being close to release. There are still some features I want to implement, then I have to test them all.

Here's tileset exporting/importing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w54XOr-vNJI

Kte

Looks really good! It's worth the wait for all these cool features!

biospark

One step better: custom tilesets from an image file!

Quietus

Biospark is blatantly TASing this editor's creation. :grin:

Jiffy

Liking the work on the editor.
Although, I remember in Double Helix that rooms that had different states were shown as different rooms altogether. Can you change this?

biospark

Quote from: Jefe962 on June 25, 2015, 11:36:10 AM
Liking the work on the editor.
Although, I remember in Double Helix that rooms that had different states were shown as different rooms altogether. Can you change this?
Well no, because they are in fact different rooms in memory. I suppose eventually I'll look into how event based room loading works, so you can point a door to a different room based on the current event.

raygun