News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

That looks like some twisted machine, and it most certainly needs an 'on' button. :twisted:

Cpt.Glitch

Actually, I think I can make that possible with some simple BTS. But it would most likely result in it falling down a bottomless pit.
Yay first Sprite and Title edits.
http://youtu.be/ESfSq46ylNg
https://youtu.be/XRPY1ilXgNg

Quietus

When you're creating vids, it's a general rule of thumb to not include things players have seen tonnes of times before, like the running through Ceres part.  It would have been fine to just start outside the door before entering. :^_^:

Cpt.Glitch

Ok I'll take that into account next time. Sorry. :metroid:

JAM

I must confess... I'm working on a weapon of mass destruction.
Too bad that currently it requires too much power. Take a look:

Weapon of Mass Destruction

Quietus

That reminds me of the geometry teacher who was arrested for carrying weapons of maths instruction. :oh:

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

The Monster of Surrealton

[spoiler=Phantoon's room was too hard, so I've made it easier...]

...by putting it underwater.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=There's not enough Space Jump in Super Vanillatroid...]

...so I fixed that.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Also, crappy concept art for a serious hack idea called The Legend of Narpa's Sword]

Power Suit is supposed to be lion-themed.

I'm trying to convert all the items into magic-themed counterparts.
[/spoiler]

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

The Monster of Surrealton

I'm thinking of making the Morph Ball into a shrink spell where Bailey just shrinks down like in Final Fantasy 3. Maybe even a Frog spell.

The Screw Attack could be the lion mane on the suit used as a magic attack. "Mane of Blue Flames" or something.

But yeah, the Space Jump can be dropped altogether.

biospark

I guess I could "tease" the progress on my editor. Maybe it will generate some interest??

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on April 02, 2015, 11:55:39 PM
I guess I could "tease" the progress on my editor. Maybe it will generate some interest??
[img]
looks great, i've been waiting on a fully functional editor for zm and/or fusion for a while.

Hawntah

Quote from: biospark on April 02, 2015, 11:55:39 PM
Nice! What can it do so far and what features are you going to add? Will it be open source?

biospark

Quote from: Hawntah on April 03, 2015, 01:37:42 AMNice! What can it do so far and what features are you going to add? Will it be open source?
At the moment its features are limited. BG0, BG1, and BG2 can be edited, plus I have a header editor and a short list of patches that can be applied. Going to add some basic viewing/editing of sprites and doors before I consider releasing it. I have a long list of eventual features, including support for zm. Not sure about making it open source.

Quietus

Quote from: biospark on April 02, 2015, 11:55:39 PMI guess I could "tease" the progress on my editor. Maybe it will generate some interest??
No need to tease, because:
Quote from: passarbye on April 03, 2015, 12:42:33 AMi've been waiting on a fully functional editor for zm and/or fusion for a while.

biospark

First try at a sprite editor:

Kte

Looks like it's coming along really well. Good luck with it! Amazing how you can change the vulnerabilities, drop rates, and health too. I have high hopes for this project.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

biospark

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on April 04, 2015, 10:05:18 PM
Ooh, neat. Is each horizontal row of colors a separate palette?
Yes, though sometimes I use "palette" to describe the collection of palettes of a sprite or background.

Quietus

Samus seems a little overpowered for early Brinstar. :razz:

biospark

Kte

Wow, I've never seen a charged wave beam not pulverize a basic enemy so quick! Never thought I'd see novas at the top of the food chain. Cool stuff!

Quietus

adamf

In case anyone's missed the new toys I put up on beta.metconst, I've been starting to make actual demo videos to go with my patches.

Ammo sizing per pickup (wish it had a catchier name) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tE4nZGiE4 - steals bits out of the room arg to let you set pickup sizes per pickup, not per PLM.

Weapon tank v4, just updated tonight, I finally drew my first GFX - https://imgur.com/Wsk6Jbz - I don't have any real commentary to fit in there, so just an animated GIF.

Every time I publish something, I hope I didn't just delay any hacks  :lol: