News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealRed

There's a hex tweak to make the speedbooster palette loop instead of stopping at $3. I don't remember what it is though, you're gonna have to check with Grime.

DSO

The speedbooster palette lines/

[01:57] [DSO] 91:DAA1 > A9 06 00 to A9 00 00 should cycle through all 4 lines
[01:57] [DSO] A9 02 00 would be last 3
[01:57] [DSO] A9 04 00 last 2, etc.
[01:57] [DSO] If you make the numbers odd you get kinda cool glitchy colors

Smiley

Progress on hacks has been a bit slow lately (isn't it always?) but things are starting to look up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyKTJDPd4t8

Quietus

Just keep chipping away, and you'll get there.

As for the speed booster colours, I must vow to make more suggestions in jest in the future. :grin:

DSO

It makes 'blue suit' in Project Base quite amazing, honestly.

Quietus

I'm not sure that 'the red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo-violet glitch' has the same ring to it. :^_^:

Cpt.Glitch

I'll take a look at the hex. I have yet to mess with a games hex before so should be fun.  :^_^: Gotta have some backups of course.

MetroidMst

Hex is super easy and you can do a lot of fun things with it. So it is a good thing to pick up and get familiar with.

JutsBeaumont

i've been playing around with smile, mostly surface visual and mechanical things, building towards making a proper (full, or at least mini) hack. there are a few minor tiling errors here and there as I'm still figuring out how certain tiles work. ..But I'm pretty fond of the atmosphere and colors I've got going on here, so I figured I'd share them.

still figuring out how to properly edit a lot of things, too.

RealRed

Those are some cool pics, Juts. I'd take these a little further if I were you though. I can tell just from the screenies what rooms you're showing us!
What's the story behind the japanese energy text? That's pretty cool...

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Quietus

Meh.  Blame the folks who decide these things. :^_^:

Smiley

Quietus

Crashtour99

You know you want to pull a Daltone and add fall damage for the ultimate troll...    :grin:

JutsBeaumont

QuoteThose are some cool pics, Juts. I'd take these a little further if I were you though. I can tell just from the screenies what rooms you're showing us!
What's the story behind the japanese energy text? That's pretty cool...

it's actually just a japanese rom, haha. that's all.

and that's the plan! i'm just busy with other projects and haven't quite learned how to make all the alterations i want to yet.

RealRed

Quote from: JutsBeaumont on March 22, 2015, 12:00:11 PM
it's actually just a japanese rom, haha. that's all.
So like, Super Metroid (JU) [!].smc? The one we all use for hacking? :P
I've never seen such font/graphics before... Interesting.

passarbye

Quietus

Oh, gawd.  That'll make TASes so fast, you'll get motion sickness. :cool:

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Quietus

All of those things seem to fit in with the speed theme except for the power grip. :O_o:

DSO

Triple speed shinesparks - the fastest way to end up completely embedded inside a wall :D