News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

Placing the plateform one block under isn't a problem.
Special blocks? The question was tricky but a solution was find : use half-block BTS, and reduce the hitbox size of the enemy in the DNA. Half block can't be crossed by Samus/morphball.

Now one thing I havn't done with this room, is to plan 2 lateral unused scroll. Why? Because enemies bouncing at the end of scroll, but the illusion ws kept because they cross a part of a building before suddently reappear.
Unused Scrolls will be used to make cars travelling and returning with delay into the room.  :^_^:

passarbye

Scyzer

I hope you didnt want grapple to be required in that room, because IMO (and I bet most people here will agree), single wall jumping is far easier than grapple wall climbing. Anyway, the half slope idea wont work because dat crumble block. Just move the platform or car up/down.

Also there are already blocks that allow enemy movement but not Samus.

Cloud20

Quote from: Scyzer on January 14, 2013, 04:20:53 PM
I hope you didnt want grapple to be required in that room, because IMO (and I bet most people here will agree), single wall jumping is far easier than grapple wall climbing. Anyway, the half slope idea wont work because dat crumble block. Just move the platform or car up/down.

Also there are already blocks that allow enemy movement but not Samus.

The platform is already moved one block under since the video was made   :^_^:
For Walljump, it's simply disabled, so yeah grapple is a required item. The area Skypolis was made to be vertiginous (around 9 or 10 scroll of height)
Unlike of most of areas, this one is not a closed zone but an air area, involving skills like grapple and of course high jump and after space jump, all item involving to hover.

And if you know the specific block allowing enemies and not Samus can you tell me it please ? :)
Half-green BTS works quite well, the only default is a chance to the beam to cross it of course (probability of an half obviously)

Quote58

Fun with SBAs

Working with the plasma sba for a new beam thing, and found something fun in the ice sba.

Cloud20

Awesome. When can we have the patch ? Hihi :lol: I'm kidding

Quietus

For whatever reason, I felt certain that I'd seen something like the first one before. :O_o:

Scyzer

Quote from: Cloud13 on January 15, 2013, 06:38:34 PM
Change $90CCE1 from FC F0 CC to:
20 1A CD for Wave (doesn't work with Ice equipped)
20 9B CD for Ice
20 14 CE for Spazer
20 98 CE for Plasma (doesn't work with Ice equipped)

have fun.

Crashtour99

Quote from: Quietus on January 15, 2013, 07:11:28 PM
For whatever reason, I felt certain that I'd seen something like the first one before. :O_o:
Yeah, I think it was JAM that had a short video he did of what he called "the chopper" that was very similar.

Also, that's a damn sexy screenshot there Shadow.

Cloud20

Quote from: Scyzer on January 15, 2013, 07:52:34 PM
Quote from: Cloud13 on January 15, 2013, 06:38:34 PM
Change $90CCE1 from FC F0 CC to:
20 1A CD for Wave (doesn't work with Ice equipped)
20 9B CD for Ice
20 14 CE for Spazer
20 98 CE for Plasma (doesn't work with Ice equipped)

have fun.

Thanks Scyzer, it could be interesting because I will use single beam patch for PA.

Charmander106

Homemade graphics for your viewing pleasure.

Cloud20

Excellent graphics Charmy, one thing you can do is applicate a sort of fog on beckground mountains :)

passarbye

Quote from: Cloud13 on January 16, 2013, 03:00:39 PM
Excellent graphics Charmy, one thing you can do is applicate a sort of fog on beckground mountains :)
fog in the foreground would look good too.

Quietus

Fog in between the foreground and background would look good too. :oh:

On a slightly more serious note, I love the ground tiles.

A_red_monk_called_Key

always thought of this room as the inside of a geode.

Qactis

the floor tiles look good the ceiling ones need work

Lunaria

Reminds me of lemings... and, can you get a BG up while using that? Otherwise shit will look rather bad. :/

JamieWebb16

Qactis

Now you just need to modify the SBAs so that they don't proc until the beam projectile is deleted