News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charmander106

Thanks guys! The HUD is supposed to be a Metroid Prime-ish HUD, which is why the mini-map is orange. Though the green is changed to the blue to fit with the rest of the HUD.

Weterr123

Like the HUD, but I especially like the big rocks you got going on there in the tiling.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i just tested this to see how it would turn out. i haven't started working on the body yet, but when i do the final version the image will cut off at the top of the shoulders and fade into black.

Smiley

Just passin' by...
[spoiler=I wonder what this is...?][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Oh come on what the firetruck?!]And a huge load of more "bats" right 'round the corner[/spoiler]

Scyzer

Nice room. Bad video.
[spoiler=Rant]
Mostly because this vid is intended for super metroid hackers, most of whom know quite a bit about SM (not just the internal workings, but how rooms usually flow, etc). No one wants to watch a video that wastes time showing us the intro to SM, or watch you stand in one place for 20 seconds looking at the scenery. If you make a hack vid, it should be right to the point.
[/spoiler]

Quietus

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a rant, but I do agree. :^_^:

Charmander106

More Custom Graphics:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Most of them look good, but the flats look a little too flat to me.

Scyzer

Looks awesome, almost to the point where they shouldn't belong in SM.
The palette is a bit meh tho. It looks too bright, as if you've got the brightness turned up in SMILE. IMO, the darkest color should always be black.

Charmander106

Scyzer: I did have it bright in SMILE, I just fixed the image so it's not bright anymore. The image is smaller as well.

Parabox

if you update the doors to fit the style, it'd totally rock bro

Charmander106

Here is more of the custom GFX, the background is still WIP:

Crashtour99

The custom gfx look good and all, but needs more definition and black anti-aliasing to fit the style of SM.  As it is now the mushrooms really stand out from the rest of the room.

Charmander106

I played around with the palettes a little bit and did a some editing with the smaller mushrooms. Background still WIP, lol.

passarbye

mushrooms still stand out a bit, but it looks great otherwise!

Damski

Quote from: Charmander106 on November 11, 2012, 10:15:31 AM
I played around with the palettes a little bit and did a some editing with the smaller mushrooms. Background still WIP, lol.

Damn thats pretty genius. I you made from old tileset even more beautiful tiles.

Cloud20

And theses ones are for a bubble hack too :

Quietus

I like the colours.  Any hints as to what a bubble hack is?  I presume you don't just walk through a bunch of rooms admiring bubbles, and then the credits roll. :^_^:

Weterr123

Quote from: Quietus on November 15, 2012, 08:02:01 AM
I like the colours.  Any hints as to what a bubble hack is?  I presume you don't just walk through a bunch of rooms admiring bubbles, and then the credits roll. :^_^:

Yes, I keep hearing this term thrown around.

I'm pretty sure it's actually a hack whereby Samus ends up playing Bust-a-Move.

Then the credits roll  :lol:

Quietus

Cloud20

Quote from: Quietus on November 15, 2012, 08:02:01 AM

Hey Quietus :
[spoiler]http://themetroid.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=contests&action=display&thread=70&page=1[/spoiler]

passarbye

Cloud20

Thanks Passarbye,

I'm working now on some amber crystal stuff. I'm plan to have an area called Skypolis, if it be well done, it will be great :)

squishy_ichigo

With how amazing the bubble work is, I do hope to see more interesting foreground filler for the normal Crateria tiling. Good show.