News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Quote from: BlackSnow2211 on June 19, 2011, 02:29:41 AMI just don't wish to have everyone know that a new hack is right around the corner and then have something come up and have to drop it all of a sudden.
I know exactly what you mean. <_< Anyway, the pedestal a few posts back looks pretty good and the rain I guess looks good. Can't really tell cause of the quality of the video, but I won't let that judge. Keep up the work bro.

begrimed

I like the new Crateria foreground palette in that vid, but the rain looks pretty blocky if you ask me.

Silver Skree

Palette looks like shit. That's good.
Rain looks like shit. That's bad.

X-tradyte

Custom doors, anyone?

WARNING, QUALITY OF VIDEO MAY SUCK.

Double type door

I've added more to the door, since this video, The door bubble has been edited, and I've added the fusion glass part, for the middle.

Black Falcon

TBH I never really liked the Fusion doors simply because that 'Fusion part' always needs the same grey palette for every door type, which is a waste of palette space.

X-tradyte

Decided to try my hand at TLP/making custom tiles, and this is what I scooped up. I hope they don't suck too much!

Custom Tiles

I know, I still need to edit cliffs, and grass, but I'll get to it.

Btw, what do ya'll think of my custom Stary BG, WITH Moon?

personitis

Not to shabby. Quality of the video prevents me from nitpicking the tiles though. Looks like DMan's Eris tileset inspired these?

X-tradyte

Nahh, I was making a night time hack/boss rush type thing. And figured, people would love this hack even more with custom tiles. So that's what I did.

Compliments on the moon and BG or anything are welcome too. :D?

Quietus

The background looks too regular with the star clusters.  It'd probably look better if you had single stars, of varying sizes (mostly tiny, of course!), at differing positions within the tiles for the main chunk of the background.  You can then then add the odd few clusters.

X-tradyte

Okay, I'll be sure to do that. I'll post a new vid, soon! I hope this works...

Silver Skree

Quote from: DarkSamus on June 20, 2011, 12:54:10 AMWARNING, QUALITY OF VIDEO MAY SUCK.
Then perhaps you should improve your recording quality before posting videos trying getting people to suck your dick and tell you how awesome your rooms are.

X-tradyte

I'm not doing that....WTF are you talking about? I'm showing my work, and asking for opinions on what to be changed or what not.. Also, It's not me, it's WMM.

Btw Quietus, I did what you told me, and it looks much better and way more beautiful.

Black Falcon

Quote from: DarkSamus on June 21, 2011, 01:06:13 PM
Also, It's not me, it's WMM.

You can post vids without using WWM. Just google 'Free video converter' (iirc).
With this you can easily convert .avi files into .flv format
However converting into .wmv doesn't work right. Though the program supports it, the output file cannot be played.
Anyway, get rid of that f**king WMM and get something better :heheh:

Crashtour99

Quote from: Black Falcon on June 21, 2011, 02:15:36 PM
Quote from: DarkSamus on June 21, 2011, 01:06:13 PM
Also, It's not me, it's WMM.
Anyway, get rid of that f**king WMM and get something better :heheh:

Personally I've never had any problems with WMM.  However if the avi you record from the emulator looks like crap, WMM can't make it look any better.  If the emulator recording is good, then WMM can compress it to a reasonable size without loosing quality.   :razz:

Quietus

Quote from: Crashtour99 on June 21, 2011, 03:09:54 PMPersonally I've never had any problems with WMM.  However if the avi you record from the emulator looks like crap, WMM can't make it look any better.  If the emulator recording is good, then WMM can compress it to a reasonable size without loosing quality. :razz:
Pretty much this.  If you're not compressing directly, then there's nothing wrong with using WMM.

X-tradyte

Well, what I do when I record from Snes9x is record it Full (uncompressed), Maybe this is what causes the problem?

Quietus

Nope.  That's what I used to do.  The only real restriction with using that method is when you get to larger file sizes.  It'll automatically start splitting them into separate files.  Also, if you're not using a codec to automatically compress the file, then the 'Full Frames' option is the best, as it means you're getting an unaltered version of the movie for later processing.  What settings are you using on the last part of the WMM process?  This dictates the quality.

snarfblam

Quote from: Quietus on June 21, 2011, 05:36:57 PMWhat settings are you using on the last part of the WMM process?  This dictates the quality.
^ This.

I use the "Video for LAN (768 Kbps)" setting. This seems to be a good trade-off for size versus quality as far as youtube goes.

Damski

Quote from: Crashtour99 on June 05, 2011, 02:38:22 PM
Sadiztyk Fish made a document about editing enemy tilemaps that can be found on the main site (documents section).

I did not understand EVERYTHING and it was hard for me because my english is not best.

Damski

Ice tileset testing.I'm making a hack based on the cerestation. This game is going to remind Metroid fusion. I'm trying to do all the graphics and level design at first and later im gonna put some ASM.

This is from Ice sector.

Icetileset is still wip.

MetroidMst

I hope you release that tileset when you are done with it as that is the best looking ice I've seen.

Crashtour99

That is indeed a fantastic looking ice tileset.  And is that some enemy graphics editing I see as well?

Damski

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 30, 2011, 10:43:29 AM
I hope you release that tileset when you are done with it as that is the best looking ice I've seen.

Sure! Thank you very much.

Damski

Quote from: Crashtour99 on June 30, 2011, 11:14:10 AM
That is indeed a fantastic looking ice tileset.  And is that some enemy graphics editing I see as well?

Yeah it is Halzyn from metroid 2 but I made all sprites from ground and I've done all the animations. I tried to change  Halzyn sprites to Metroid and all I can say that it works perfectly! Now I'm trying to change its behavior and put more animation speed. He does not suck Samus energy... :yay:

I try to do as much as possible Metroid 2 enemies.

X-tradyte

That enemy looks like the Fusion enemy, could it be that enemy, may I be able to use it? Also, good lookin tileset, [whistle=sexyness] I wish I was that good...