News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Frozen doors can only be opened with ice beam? Really, fucking really?

If anything it would be needed a type of missiles possibly a beam that provides heat such as power beam or plasma beam.
Otherwise the room idea looks good.

Damski

Quote from: Crys on July 09, 2011, 12:13:04 PM
Frozen doors can only be opened with ice beam? Really, fraking really?

If anything it would be needed a type of missiles possibly a beam that provides heat such as power beam or plasma beam.
Otherwise the room idea looks good.

It is really stupid idea and illogical..what the heck was I thinking :pwuh:... I prefer the plasma beam but thank you anyway :D

personitis

I must say, the concept idea is something we don't usually get in this thread. Also, the spider ball tunnel, don't forget about infinite bomb jumps. ;D

Damski

Quote from: person701 on July 10, 2011, 12:55:38 AM
I must say, the concept idea is something we don't usually get in this thread.

I see  :yay: Is this wrong place to put some ideas?

Quote from: person701 on July 10, 2011, 12:55:38 AMAlso, the spider ball tunnel, don't forget about infinite bomb jumps. ;D

It is not a problem because I can change bomb timer  :^_^:

Damski

I have quick Sadistyks sticy block question. Does this only work if you have spinball and morph ball on? Or only morph ball needed?

Smiley

"These tracks will only activate upon Springball being equipped"

So yes, you need to have Spring Ball equipped, otherwise it won't work.

Damski

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on July 10, 2011, 10:42:55 AM
"These tracks will only activate upon Springball being equipped"

So yes, you need to have Spring Ball equipped, otherwise it won't work.

:D lol i dont know but if I use only morph ball  its works fine. Why?

Silver Skree

3 weeks into python. Now I have something to show for it. :p

Look ma, I wrote it myself!

Fact: this is 180 lines of code and I started it yesterday.
*bored*

Also, if/when (planning on when) this is any sort of 'done,' you guys can chop and hack away at the source to your heart's content. This is for you, not me.

Edit: I realize this doesn't do anything you couldn't do on your own with a hex editor and the same information you need for this, but the fact of the matter is that tools facilitate action. My goal for this is to help facilitate the sharing of data between people without having to piddle with .ips files. Besides, I do need the practice.

Damski

Little desing update: Legs and new hands.. Samus legs looks similar to Metroid fusion and Zero mission samus legs.

Zhs2

You may have to do a bit of work inserting that, but kudos if you do bro. That looks excellent.

Damski

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 10, 2011, 06:09:02 PM
You may have to do a bit of work inserting that, but kudos if you do bro. That looks excellent.

Yep! it will take time... I'm trying to get it finished this year...

Damski

Zhs2

Damski

Left hands is done  :whoa: Now im moving to right hand... 

Silver Skree

Good job. Glad to know you decided to stick with it instead of giving up!

Most people, including me, would just quit after seeing that mess of a table.

snarfblam

I know I'm probably wasting my breath (or keystrokes), but if anyone can provide the location and format for samus' tilemaps, and maybe even other sprites (or even better, the locations of pointer tables to the tilemaps that make up the animations), as well as a simple explanation of the SM sprite tilemap format, I could whip up a sprite GFX editor/importer that would piece together the tiles and make the GFX editing much simpler.

Damski

Quote from: Silver Skree on July 13, 2011, 06:51:27 AM
Good job. Glad to know you decided to stick with it instead of giving up!

Most people, including me, would just quit after seeing that mess of a table.

Thank you.. this is torture..example.. legs sprites has like million parts and they have like 4-5 frames per one and you must find all right parts of that pile of shit :D

Damski

Quote from: snarfblam on July 13, 2011, 04:40:55 PM
I know I'm probably wasting my breath (or keystrokes), but if anyone can provide the location and format for samus' tilemaps, and maybe even other sprites (or even better, the locations of pointer tables to the tilemaps that make up the animations), as well as a simple explanation of the SM sprite tilemap format, I could whip up a sprite GFX editor/importer that would piece together the tiles and make the GFX editing much simpler.

Sounds very good  :blush: I hope you manage.

Crashtour99

Quote from: snarfblam on July 13, 2011, 04:40:55 PM
Sadiztyk has a document on the main site for regular enemy tilemaps, and I put a document in the collab thread recently on special enemy tilemaps.  Documenting the locations for every single table for every enemy would take a substantial amount of time I think.  Might almost be easier to write an emulator plugin or something that gathers all that information for you, if that's possible.

To my knowledge Samus' tilemaps are all calculated by routines, so there are no tables (for most sprites at least, morph and a few others might be different).
[spoiler=RAMstuffs]7E:071D              Flag - Samus's top sprites need to be loaded to VRAM.
7E:071E              Flag - Samus's bottom sprites need to be loaded to VRAM.
7E:071F - 7E:0720    Pointer to DMA data (bank 92) for Samus's top sprites (3 byte address, 2 byte part 1 size, 2 byte part 2 size)
7E:0721 - 7E:0722    Pointer to DMA data (bank 92) for Samus's bottom sprites (3 byte address, 2 byte part 1 size, 2 byte part 2 size)

7E:0A1C - 7E:0A1D    Samus's current position/state
7E:0A1E              X-Direction Samus is moving? 8 = right, 4 = left
7E:0A1F              Samus's movement type
7E:0A20 - 7E:0A21    Samus's position/state from the previous frame?
7E:0A22              X-Direction Samus was moving last frame?
7E:0A23              Samus's movement type last frame?
7E:0A24 - 7E:0A25    Previous *different* position/state?
7E:0A26              X-Direction during the previous *different* position/state?
7E:0A27              Movement type during the previous *different* position/state?
7E:0A28 - 7E:0A29    Potential new value for Samus's current position/state. Controller-attempted move, taking Samus's previous pose, buttons, and momentum into account in that order.
7E:0A2A - 7E:0A2B    Potential new value for Samus's current position/state? Interruption via 90:DDE9; enemy damage or bomb jump, also grapple connection.
7E:0A2C - 7E:0A2D    Potential new value for Samus's current position/state. Natural following of previous pose (generally used by transitional poses).

7E:0A94 - 7E:0A95    Frames till next Samus Animation Frame
7E:0A96 - 7E:0A97    Samus Animation Frame
7E:0A9A - 7E:0A9B    Animation frame skip. 8000 means don't reset 0A96? (when changing poses?)[/spoiler]
My guess is that routines use this info to determine exactly which graphics to display without the use of tilemaps.  Let's face it, Samus' graphics span several banks so tilemaps for that amount of graphics would be huge.

I could be wrong though, as I haven't delved THAT deeply into how Samus' animations work. 

Charmander106

Silver Skree

The powerbomb bothers me. Needs at least a little more detail.

Scyzer

Well since everyone else was doing it
[spoiler=Here's my HUD]
Messing With The HUD
[/spoiler]

Damski

Quote from: Sadiztyk on July 15, 2011, 04:56:30 PM
Well since everyone else was doing it
[spoiler=Here's my HUD]
Messing With The HUD
[/spoiler]

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: Feels like this is new metroid game.