News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damski

:lol: Unused Super metroid cut-scene

Lunaria

Quietus

The background tile pattern gives it away as fake, I'm afraid.  Nice try, though.

Damski

xD yeah i agree lol..

This is old metroid prime hud mockup .. .. based on Scyzer hud.. yeah its not done..

Smiley

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]HOTHOTHOT[/spoiler]
It's definetely not a penguin who died and whose soul is now trying to escape from hell. Absolutely not. It isn't. Seriously.

Quietus

Beam sensitive doors has been done.  I presume the eye thing is done with that funky orange dude that's normally near the Wrecked Ship?  I'm not sure what the wall-jump thing is showing.

Also, Hack Ideas thread, hoooo! :^_^:

Zero One

I'm pretty sure the eyes are done with a background scrolling relative to Samus. Which is still pretty cool.

Quietus

Yeah, having watched it again, I can see how that'd work, and I guess the Orange DudesTM couldn't jump from the top to the bottom.

MetroidMst

First thought is "super rad sydneysauce." Second thought is similar, but I do want to point out that it seems pretty hard to hit. Fusion you could run toward it, shoot it and escape before it hits you. It appears you need to be Morphed and roll toward it here, which isn't really an issue, but the tiny space for the weak point might be.

It isn't so much an issue as it is an observation.

Yuki

I'd say the added hit difficulty is actually a plus, considering how easy the Omega was in Fusion

JamieWebb16

That is amazing to actually see a boss from another Metroid game fully functional on the SNES Metroid! :yay:

Weterr123

Metaquarius

Thanks for your feedbacks. :^_^:
That Omega Metroid battle was sort of a side project just to see if I could do it, I might include it as a secret bonus boss in the hack I'm making.

Crashtour99

I'm guessing you used Torizo AI as a base, then heavily (and I mean seriously heavily) edited it?
The thing I'm most curious about is the enemy sound.  DSO taught me how to import instrument samples (still have the logs for that convo somewhere), so I'm guessing you did some fancy conversion with .brr files and pasted the hex in.

A whole lot of work, but damn impressive.  Great job!

interdpth

The pal on that Omega metroid is simply amazing.
I need to to play that hack!

Black Falcon

Simply impressive!
You just earned my respect, good sir.
Keep it up.
Nothing else to say.

Charmander106

Yes, your work is simply astounding! This is probably the metroid version of Brutal Mario, with all kinds of different bosses ported to the game.

Quietus

Charmander106

My New HUD, though it is still WIP but it's about complete.

Quietus