The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Hey, I just got the map station onto CRE...

ORG $849F25
dw $0001,$810C,$00FF
dw $0001,$810B,$0000
ORG $849F31
dw $0001,$812C,$00FF
dw $0001,$812B,$0000
ORG $849F3D
dw $0001,$814C,$00FF
dw $0001,$814B,$0000

Change those $81xx to $80xx, then the xx are what tilez you want.
I assume this will work for all gfx bound to tilesetz, $y2xx & $y3xx work for the bottom half of the tiletablez as well.
Y is that priority bit or whatever it is to flip gfx.

This is the moving parts that come out when activated, $80/$84 for CRE.

ORG $849F49
dw $0001,$8128,$00FD
dw $0001,$8528,$0000
ORG $849F55
dw $0001,$8129,$0000
ORG $849F5B
dw $0001,$8528,$0003
dw $0001,$8128,$0000
ORG $849F67
dw $0001,$8529,$0000

Done with it! Only needed the three grid animations on the gfx sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3H03TWMdBc

Cpt.Glitch

Allows gravity suit to take heat damage in ZM. (it's a small patch, most of the filesize is due to comments.)
Q: Can't this be a hex tweak?
A: (also found in code comments.)
"This code makes gravity take heat damage, but still offers lava damage protection. This is why it cannot just be a hex tweak, as lava damage overrides heat damage. In otherwords, with a hex tweak, gravity will take heat damage until the player hops in lava, which makes no sense. If you wish gravity to take lava and heat damage, use a hex tweak, not this patch."

Also fixed a bug with a patch that exists for both gba games.

Moehr

Guardian Wings patch

This is an item in the hack I'm working on, SM Proving Grounds, that I just got working with a ton of help from Scyzer, Benox, PJBoy, and Smiley. Since the hack is forthcoming I figured I would put a patch out for the item ahead of time since it's fun to play with.

What it does: replaces the X-ray scope with the Guardian Wings item. When selected via HUD, Samus's gravity while in air is drastically reduced, allowing a single jump to rocket her incredible distances into the air, til she bumps into something or you release the jump button. Then, she drifts slowly back to earth, eventually accelerating towards the vanilla constant for falling.

Deselecting X-ray restores vanilla gravity, allowing you to resume rising or falling normally and get back to vanilla physics.

You could probably come up with some creative uses for this or some interesting new puzzles, but also, it's just fun :D

Cpt.Glitch

Replaces the "set timer values" function in Zero Mission. This assembly file allows for much easier editing to timer values and even saves a few bytes. (it overwrites the old function, thus uses no freespace.)

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 27, 2017, 04:46:20 PM
Speedball for Zero Mission
Start speedbooster in the same way you would start it normally, only in ball form!
https://youtu.be/V9JWAT2hlj4
There is also a compilation of my current ZM disassemblies.
Hello,Cpt.Glitch.speedball.asm have bug.When the ball rolls to the edge of the platform, can springball No ability!

In addition.A spark ball can be at all height in the air.IPS. The author does not know who it is, and can be spark ball without springball.... :pale:

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: JumZhu on August 10, 2018, 04:14:35 AM
Hello,Cpt.Glitch.speedball.asm have bug.When the ball rolls to the edge of the platform, can springball No ability!
Thank you. I have found the issue. I have updated the download. The spingball issue should be fixed.

Also here is another boss or something like that.

https://youtu.be/3O8OYwYJ3lg

JumZhu

ZM Serris.asm used rom.When I used mage, I found some enemy data errors. They are the normal enemy 9a, the shell enemy 28., which makes me consider whether to use this ASM.

In addition, I want to know that you intend to transplant those fusion boss in the future.

Cpt.Glitch

The issue with enemy 28 is not an issue with the Serris ASM. It is an issue with mage having hardcoded OAM offsets. Because serris uses secondary sprite 28, it modifies this sprite's OAM data and thus causes mage to throw out a warning. Enemy 9A works fine from what I can see. If you mean enemy 8A, you will notice many ASM files cause errors with that, for the very same reason (most asm files use enemy 8A's graphics as freespace). Both sprite 28 and 8A are unused anyway, so it will not harm your game.

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 11, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
The issue with enemy 28 is not an issue with the Serris ASM. It is an issue with mage having hardcoded OAM offsets. Because serris uses secondary sprite 28, it modifies this sprite's OAM data and thus causes mage to throw out a warning. Enemy 9A works fine from what I can see. If you mean enemy 8A, you will notice many ASM files cause errors with that, for the very same reason (most asm files use enemy 8A's graphics as freespace). Both sprite 28 and 8A are unused anyway, so it will not harm your game.
Yes, I wrote the wrong 8a for 9a, and I forgot that 8a is Crocomire. If SecondarySprite 28 has no problems in the game, then there is no problem. However, for a modified rom, it seems to be very difficult to use this ASM.Once I rewrite the Freespace address, Arachnus will be wrong.

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: JumZhu on August 11, 2018, 01:46:22 AM
it seems to be very difficult to use this ASM.
Rightly so, these boss patches are the most complicated patches for Zero Mission thus far. They have many files and take up lots of space.

Quote from: JumZhu on August 11, 2018, 01:46:22 AM
Once I rewrite the Freespace address, Arachnus will be wrong
What do you mean by "wrong?" If you are using both Serris and Arachnus, you may have trouble. Both of these files take up a massive amounts of freespace. And the freespace within range of a BL instruction are very limited.

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 11, 2018, 02:02:56 PM
What do you mean by "wrong?" If you are using both Serris and Arachnus, you may have trouble. Both of these files take up a massive amounts of freespace. And the freespace within range of a BL instruction are very limited.
Even without both, it's a problem.
(. Org 0x8761D42; freespace)
Once the address of this location changes, the created ROM can not use Arachnus, at least in the image is wrong

Cpt.Glitch

Oh haha, this is a simple issue. That freespace is specifically for graphics. So, it needs to be word aligned. In other words, the offset must be divisible by four. Your offset is not divisible by four. If you change the crocomire freespace, it needs to be nearby, otherwise it is out of BL range.

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 11, 2018, 06:06:29 PM
Oh haha, this is a simple issue. That freespace is specifically for graphics. So, it needs to be word aligned. In other words, the offset must be divisible by four. Your offset is not divisible by four. If you change the crocomire freespace, it needs to be nearby, otherwise it is out of BL range.
Well, I thought at first that the data address number had to be even.
I looked at the data and it seems that it used a long amount of data around 0x304055.
Crocomire image data is definitely not enough if both boss.asm are used.
I think I can only change the imagedata of other sprite to get free space within the BL range.

Cpt.Glitch

Yeah all addresses in the code need to be even, just graphics related ones need to be divisible by 4.
Quote from: JumZhu on August 11, 2018, 07:08:14 PM
I think I can only change the imagedata of other sprite to get free space within the BL range.
This will likely work. It'll take some practice to figure out how to do this properly though. Basically, force another sprite's graphics (a bosses in particular) to repoint in mage, and point new code in the space that was once graphics. Glad to see someone using my bosses for their hack.

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 11, 2018, 07:12:10 PM
This will likely work. It'll take some practice to figure out how to do this properly though. Basically, force another sprite's graphics (a bosses in particular) to repoint in mage, and point new code in the space that was once graphics. Glad to see someone using my bosses for their hack.

The two boss 'data overlap, causing Arachnus's head to disappear. There are detailed pictures. (In addition, Windy Blocks.asm and morph_shot. asm can only use one, and the two pointers are in one position)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I think I know because both asms use ID 28 sprite
. In addition, I found that Arachnus.asm uses a total of five sprite IDs, and many actually have a special role in the game. For example, ActiveZiplines sprite has some errors. So I'm thinking about not using Arachnus.asm unless I can add sprit IDs.

Cpt.Glitch

Let's make rinkas more annoying.
https://youtu.be/NWbzSzu8zsE
HOW TO USE:
Rinka Pirates are sprite B6 and it's second sprite (what it holds) is sprite B5. Both of these need to be in the
spriteset. Any rinka that isn't specific to Mother Brain's room will work for the rinka. You need to create the
sprites in this order to "link" a pirate and rinka: Pirate 1, Rinka 1, Pirate 2, Rinka 2 etc.
These sprites can function independently. In other words, a pirate does not need a rinka to function. It'll
do what it normally does, just without a rinka spawning in it's hands. A rinka not linked to a pirate will
function normally.

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on April 26, 2017, 05:49:39 PM
Picking up items is now quicker and smoother. You are no longer forced to go to the status screen every-time a new ability is collected. Version one has unknown items functioning as they usually do (requiring full suit to activate). Version two (the UN attachment) has the unknown items function as normal items. A majority of that uses biosparks unknown items asm.
I used the second one. But it has some hidden problems. Causing an error in the palette. Something to do with gravity suits.Once this problem arises, it will always be with you. There will be a momentary palette error from this room to another room. It will also appear after leaving the pause interface. In the modification game, this problem will be triggered. If you want to know immediately what kind of error that is, you can use the mage test mode, and at the moment of entering the game, there will be a color palette error.

Cpt.Glitch

That's an issue with the old unknown items code by biospark and the item toggle code. He released a new version that no longer causes this issue. So you should use the the faster items patch that doesn't use the unknown items code, and then separately apply biospark's new unknown items code.

JumZhu

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 17, 2018, 12:22:36 PM
That's an issue with the old unknown items code by biospark and the item toggle code. He released a new version that no longer causes this issue. So you should use the the faster items patch that doesn't use the unknown items code, and then separately apply biospark's new unknown items code.
OK,I did it. Deletes the opening unknown ability content of Better Item Grabing vsn2. ASM. But I can't read the code, so I don't know if I did anything wrong. I deleted everything from "ALL"  to ".org 0x8043d0".

Cpt.Glitch

Version 1 in the post is the same just with all the unknown item code removed. It would be easier to just use that just in case you remove something important. In hindsight I'm not sure why I combined the two in the first place lol.

JumZhu

I used version 1, but the three unknown capabilities will not be turned on.Even after using version 1, using the new ability to open the code again, the opening of the three unknown capabilities is invalid. like the Metroid action. The deleted version 2 is compared to version 1. In the ASM, it seems that the code is a little more gravity suit. In the IPS, it seems to be much more. Even though the space jump and the plasma beam code are exactly the same in both versions, they can be activated in version 2 and version 1 is like the Metroid action.I use the deleted version2.It doesn't seem to be a problem.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Okay, I just found out that the three unknown ability codes for this version 1 have "; "

Moehr

Super metroid:

If adjusting DMG values for weapons using the Projectiler tool, Power beam has some DMG handling routine that adds 2 DMG to whatever value you set Power Beam to in the table. The DMG is also added to the charged DMG value you set. So if you want it to do 8dmg per shot, you'd need to set the dmg to 6 instead.

Similarly, if you wanted to have it deal 40dmg when charged, you'd need to set it to 3D.

Something else is going on I think, but it's not that cut and dry :/

Jiffy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66OBxw7xOs

Beam Burst. Samus will be able to collect an item which lets her shoot charged beams at a very fast rate, at the cost of 1 power bomb. This item is a replacement to the X-ray scope.
Credits to Person701 for the original ASM, SMILEUser96 for some help, and Tedicles for the item GFX. I did the HUD GFX and parts of the code.
When Scyzer fixes the message box editor, I may fix the message box as it still tells the user to hold the Run button.

BeamBurst.IPS will apply the new weapon and graphics.

Steel Sparkle

The beam burst could be a really nice reward for beating a super boss or something like collecting items to unlock it.

Moehr

The touch:kill code for Fireflea touch reaction is not a common enemy reaction in the vanilla game, but easily can be. Paste this code into the enemy AI bank you wish to add it to:

22 23 80 A3 22 AF A3 A0 AD 7E 17 18 69 02 00 C9 0E 00 10 03 8D 7E 17 6B

Then, point the enemy in that bank's touch AI to the location in the bank where you pasted the above.