The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H A M

Instant Unpause
Makes unpausing almost instant, but in several rooms (more specifically rooms with tilesets that overwrite CRE), it's much slower due to technical limitations, but a bit faster than vanilla thanks to uncompressed CRE.

H A M

my alternative to scyzer's shot block overflow fix that doesn't use freespace

H A M

update 1.1: bomb and power bomb explosion collision detection are fixed

H A M

Fixes glitches when you unpause in vanilla Ceres.
Also included is a fix for when you quickmet in Ceres Ridley's room. (Only tested in SMART.)

dewhi100

Tundain's SpinFlare had a conflict with HAM's Charge Flare Optimization. So I smashed them together recklessly.
It's quick and dirty, which may introduce L A G, but it does save on freespace by cramming the SpinFlare tables into the space cleared by the optimization.
There are still 18h bytes free, so maybe the code could be further refactored to fit completely inside the obsolete code block.

H A M

Version 1.01: Skip reloading BG1 and custom BG2 because that just wastes frames.

H A M

My unofficial update of Suit Aura by Oi27
Uses less code and most importantly makes the aura be in the center all the time, e.g. when loading from a save or when morphing!

dewhi100

Made Scyzer's Rom Warning compatible with Asar. Will post to mainsite as well since the OG version never made its way there.

H A M

Fixes map icons appearing over cursor (instead of under) when unpausing.

dewhi100

Kejardon

ips for unheadered NTSC + Assembly (not the best documented code though)

Because of some conversation about grapple mechanics in Umihara Kawase with a friend, I spent a couple hours and got a 'clean' patch of the grapple mechanics code I wrote for Super Metroid many many years ago.
It doesn't work right on most enemies but you can grab geemers and mess with them, and swinging from grapple blocks is very different now

It was originally intended as part of a larger hack that I never got close to finishing, and I've split the grapple code apart with minimal time and effort to clean stuff up; so there's a bunch of tweaks to Samus's controls also (mostly cleanup / optimizations, a few added things like aiming up while running), and there's code for allowing Samus to spin jump from a normal jump but it needs an item that doesn't exist in the game to enable it (codes will enable it). Also x-ray scope is disabled. So it's not a completely clean patch for the grapple code, but from some quick testing I think it's standalone and functional just fine, although the mechanics could probably use a fair bit of refinement.

I don't mind people using it however they please - it definitely makes sense to make a refined version of this and recommend people use that if someone wants to tackle that, instead of using this not-quite-complete version.

H A M

Changes the transition table for walljumping so that it will transition to the spinjump pose the moment Samus appears to spin. Does some effects such as the spinjump sound not restarting, the sound when Samus walljumps underwater suitless is fixed, the hitbox when spinning after walljumping fixed, making animation delay instruction Bh unused, and making insta-morph be restricted to a 10-frame window.

H A M

Does what it does. Makes Samus fire a charged shot when releasing shoot while spinjumping while fully charged.

H A M

Quote from: H A M on April 17, 2024, 02:35:45 PM
My unofficial update of Suit Aura by Oi27
Uses less code and most importantly makes the aura be in the center all the time, e.g. when loading from a save or when morphing!
1.02: Uses less freespace, doesn't use freespace in bank $90 anymore!

H A M

makes moonwalk have footsteps
also included is a fix for when samus moonwalks off a ledge she now has a proper turnaround animation for that

H A M

Fixes the water row at the bottom of the hud not rendering correctly.

H A M

Fixes x-ray visor palette not working forever after ending x-ray in certain situations.

H A M

1.1: fix freeze when backing out from option mode

H A M

H A M

Transfer Samus Tiles Optimization
By H A M

Makes the game transfer Samus tiles only when needed, saves a lot of cycles. Also compatible with SpriteSomething.

nodever2

H A M

Makes the door flag that SMART calls it a "door area change flag" unused.