News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Super Metroid: Apocalypse

Started by X-tradyte, March 12, 2011, 06:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-tradyte

Do where abouts do I download WMM? I'll just record the battle with SNES9x, and put it in WMM, and upload, thats it?

Quietus

Pretty much, yes.

The easiest method is the one I described above.  What Crashtour is on about is just recording in snes9x using 'Full Frames' instead of selecting a codec from the list, which is fine, but will give you a huge file size.  You then need to shrink the file size, which is why you use Movie Maker.  Open Movie Maker (Which is part of Windows!!!), and publish / save to your own computer, selecting a compression method / size you require.  It's just a longer method of getting the file size to something reasonable.  If you have good codecs installed (I think I used the ffdshow thing for mine), then it just cuts out a few steps in the process.

Two methods, different lengths, same result.

If you're still unsure, PM me, and I'll help you out.

X-tradyte

Okay, cause I really wanna make a video and stuff so yeah, I just wanna see what you all think of my BT as well. So yeah, I'll record it today using avi recording straight from SNES9x, then compress it using WMM to upload it on youtube, and put here? That all sound pretty easy.

Qactis

If you have the codecs (such as xvid/divx, you can record AND compress right to AVI in ZSNES, then upload that straight to youtube. I think that's the easiest way.

Quietus

Which is exactly what I said about snes9x. :razz:

Crashtour99

Unless you're like me and don't understand how to operate those.  For me it's easiest to use the ones that come with the emulator, find the best quality (disregarding size), and let WMM do it's thing to crunch it down to a reasonable size.  True it's a few more steps, but I have the HDD space, and fuck all if I know how to set up codec compression for recording.   :heheh:

X-tradyte

Yeah so, I can't use WMM because it appears it's only for Vista, and I have XP, is there something else I could use, I'll try Quietus' idea first.

Qactis

Quote from: DarkSamus on June 12, 2011, 12:20:44 AM
Yeah so, I can't use WMM because it appears it's only for Vista
That's a load of...

X-tradyte

Shit? Wrong, cause when I was installing it a message came up and said, "Cannot install Windows Movie Maker, Version is for Windows Vista"

Crashtour99

That's because you were trying to install the Vista version on XP...   :stern:

Seriously, it's a part of windows, you shouldn't need to install it.
If you have XP, go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Movie Maker (it should be near the bottom of the list, right above Wordpad).

X-tradyte

LOL, I found it, thanks Crashtour, I'll have that video up in a few minutes. But remember, you don't get bombs until you have supers, and that's in the norfair region. So yeah, AND BT is much harder/longer. you'll see ;)

EDIT: nevermind, I got it

X-tradyte

Bomb Torizo testing

And there you have it, the Bomb torizo video, I hope you all like it, as it is also my first uploaded youtube video.

Qactis

Quote from: DarkSamus on June 12, 2011, 01:38:03 PM
Bomb Torizo testing

And there you have it, the Bomb torizo video, I hope you all like it, as it is also my first uploaded youtube video.

Long fight is long, I'd say turn down his HP a bit. For the guy that hasn't collected what you have at that point as far as missiles and supers, or the guy doing a low % and using only charged shots, they're looking at a 5+ minute fight. Very boring. He also was hitting the ceiling with his bombs.

Edit: Love the Pause Screen

X-tradyte

Quote from: Qactis on June 12, 2011, 02:45:56 PM
Quote from: DarkSamus on June 12, 2011, 01:38:03 PM
Bomb Torizo testing

Long fight is long, I'd say turn down his HP a bit. He also was hitting the ceiling with his bombs.
Well, he almost has as much energy as Ridley. I really wish to keep him as he is now, I have messed around with him for a few days now.

Btw, how do you like my Menu changes?

Quietus

Woah, you wasted tonnes of Missiles.  You know there's a gap between when damage can be inflicted, right?  You probably wasted about three out of four Missiles. :^_^:

X-tradyte

I did not know that. But yeah, I'll upload a video of my item changes as soon as I can. New beams and X-ray.

EDIT: I have a video of the Phazon beam. Have a look. :D I'll get the Plasma beam up, and X-ray will go with it.
Phazon Beam Testing

Quietus

The diagonal shots don't seem to be set up properly, as they look disjointed.  I remember when I tinkered with this that it could be a pain, but it's worth the pay-off when you get it right.

X-tradyte

Yeah, I'll fix that asap. I will get it though. I'm just happy that it worked.

KT JDDD

Complete the area a bit more.  I was searching around with smile so I can help in development, but there were many rooms on the map that didn't have a room there yet.  Nevertheless, I will start with concept maps.