News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by IMetroRat, November 06, 2010, 01:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMetroRat

Lunaria

Did we not have a topic for this already? :/

Quietus

I been buildin'.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Zhs2

For those of you who like loading mods with their minecraft experience (whether clientside tweaks or texture packs,) I highly recommend this.

Zhs2

Double post for logs.

Quote from: Minecraft
2010-11-08 02:40:37 [INFO] <ProjectXVIII> im in ur house
2010-11-08 02:40:39 [INFO] <Zhs2> killing people with laughter at your hideous gorilla suit
2010-11-08 02:40:41 [INFO] <ProjectXVIII> breakin ur doors
2010-11-08 02:40:46 [INFO] <Zhs2> nina'd
2010-11-08 02:40:56 [INFO] <ProjectXVIII> ...
2010-11-08 02:41:05 [INFO] * ProjectXVIII very tempted to change them eyes to red
2010-11-08 02:41:11 [INFO] <Zhs2> :D
2010-11-08 02:41:16 [INFO] <ProjectXVIII> fuu
2010-11-08 02:41:19 [INFO] * ProjectXVIII quit
2010-11-08 02:41:26 [INFO] ProjectXVIII lost connection: Quitting
Player count: 1
2010-11-08 02:41:28 [INFO] <Zhs2> *ragequit
2010-11-08 02:41:36 [INFO] <Zhs2> ahahahahah

Quietus

Mod looks pretty cool, but at the moment the only one I've seen that I may consider using at some point is the GPS one.

FullOfFail

Eh, if anybody gets bored and wants to check out my world here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lydgx5zze07184f

MultiK1llZ

Okay, I have 2 questions I would like to ask all of you:

1. Why is Minecraft so fucking addictive?!

2. Do we have a MetConst Server for Minecraft?

Thats all..  :yay:

-MultiK1llZ

Zero One

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on February 09, 2011, 01:21:26 PM
Okay, I have 2 questions I would like to ask all of you:

1. Why is Minecraft so fraking addictive?!

2. Do we have a MetConst Server for Minecraft?

Thats all..  :yay:

-MultiK1llZ

1) Minecraft addiction cannot be described. It must be... experienced.
2) Damned if I know!

Lunaria

There are "two" metconst minecraft servers, so to speak.

There is one hosted by Zeke I believe, at least he is the one who runs it, which you can ask him more about.

Then there is the server currently hosted by mr flea which me and a few other known users around here play on. Which server you play on really depends on what you want to get out of the game. If you want to just mess around I suggest zeke's server.

Quietus

I just love the simplistic appeal, and the atmosphere of the game.  While some would argue that the game is simplistic, or that anybody could have built it, the fact remains that for a game made of clearly visible cubes, I haven't experienced a game for some time that sucks me in, and makes me crap myself like Minecraft.  Nearing a skeleton or a zombie?  Yup, of course you are!  They make noises, silly.  Nearing a Creeper?  God knows...  You'll just have to be caref... BANG!!! :affraid:

Also, as far as games to lose yourself in go, it's hard to beat.  How often do you think "I'll get this done in the next day", and then you run outside, collect a bunch of feathers and arrows, move to your area of choice, dig a bit, chop a bit, pick a bit, and then it starts getting dark?  Where the hell did the last ten minutes of your life go?! :whoa:

squishy_ichigo

Myself, Crys, Silver_Skree, GF_Kennon, ZeroOne, Hiroshi, and several others who do not frequent this forum all goto mr_flea's server. We uphold a few rules though, and if that's not your thing Zhs2 will surely let you go to his! I'm not sure who all goes to his server though, since I never go there myself.

Zhs2

A bunch of my friends hang out on my server, as well as some Metconst dudes like Bloods, Project, Shadox, FoF, and Kasel. We're pretty lenient about what you end up doing but stealing from others and destroying the landscape or other people's is always big no nos, imo. Hell, even flyhacks are okay if you're responsible. A rule of thumb is "am I ruining the enjoyment of other people on the server?"

To be frank, I don't think Metroid Construction itself has any sort of "official" server. terminus.mrflea.net has a whitelist (gotta ask someone who can change it around and let you on if their heavier ruleset is your kind of thing) and is supported mainly by the #sr388 camp of operations, and as such isn't very representative of metconst; zhs2.dyndns.org is much more anarchic in nature and usually takes in all of the people who like to be wild and adventurous, as it has a heavy monster spawn rate and little chance of surviving with an empty inventory at nighttime, and has quite a few people who play on it that have absolutely nothing to do with metconst as well. Take your pick!

Lunaria

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 09, 2011, 02:57:26 PMA rule of thumb is "am I ruining the enjoyment of other people on the server?"
Don't you love it when the ops come and tear down your house though for no other reason then "I don't like it and you should not have made it out of this" :P

Zhs2

It wasn't not rebuilt by the ops, per se...

Lunaria

I was referring to BEFORE you told blood to build it with cobble, when he just went around and removed parts of it all the time anyway. :/

Katelyn

Quote from: Crys on February 10, 2011, 04:00:53 PM
I was referring to BEFORE you told blood to build it with cobble, when he just went around and removed parts of it all the time anyway. :/
psht

You probably went to go play on a creative server :>

Lunaria

actually, I have been busy building shit like this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

On flea's server.  :huzzah:

Zknight7126

With beta 1.3 and the seeds, you can share cool worlds you generated, I have never gotten an island world, so I found a seed for it... (88888888)

Wow this game is so fun, I wish the server I played on could be better though, theives have gone and targeted diamonds, now nobody is that trustworthy or friendly, and I rage quit it once already. Why did the server before that have to go and not work? :sad:

Zhs2

Sorry, zhs2.dyndns.org is gonna be down until hMod gets updated, which is slated near the beginning of March. We use a number of plugins that are just not all that fun to play without, so we forgo Minecraft for a week. It's not all that bad. :P

Katelyn

So the other day I got Zhs2 and Bloodsonic into this really sweet mod. It's a mod that adds a few new minerals and such to the game. It's a bit hard to install with it needing so many other mods, but It's worth it.

[spoiler]http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=83028[/spoiler]

However, as you notice in the topic, this mod is only compatible with 1.2_X. It will not work on 1.3_X. If you have a spare minecraft.jar or have knowledge or getting them elsewhere, *cough*torrents*cough*, then you should be fine.

:awesome:

Zknight7126

Is there a minimap mod for 1.3_01? It was really helpful because I have to keep my render distance low.  :sad:

Quietus

Hehe, the cutesy gore made it more amusing for me. :^_^: