News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - March 2020

Started by suku, March 01, 2020, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best room of March?

suku
4 (13.3%)
Digital_Mantra
3 (10%)
ProjectXVIII
7 (23.3%)
moehr
5 (16.7%)
mccad
2 (6.7%)
MetroidNerd#9001
2 (6.7%)
Cloud20
0 (0%)
OneOf99
7 (23.3%)
Retroo
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

suku

[spoiler=image goes here]
went with more simple room setup instead of transparency shit again, so I dont need to send multiple images to prove its real again[/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

My submission:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Project's submission:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Moehr

From TOTW, Albert's tiles, my bad tiling. Demonstrates some of the animated tiles added by drawing over the animations of the spikes and replacing them with stuff that's more fun:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

In action: video

mccad

MetroidNerd#9001

Might as well wring out one final room out of my hack before I release it. The hack is currently in beta testing.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Similarly to last month's submission, the room uses a background pointer, so it doesn't show up in the screenshot.

Cloud20

OneOf99

Finally made a room for ROTM after a long while without one:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Retroo

A simple room trying some red brin slopes.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

If you're interested, I made some a while back that may suit your needs. :^_^:

nodever2

Quote from: Retroo on March 31, 2020, 03:51:07 PM
A simple room trying some red brin slopes.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Say... is that Super Metroid Radon?

Retroo

Quote from: Quietus on March 31, 2020, 04:22:59 PM
If you're interested, I made some a while back that may suit your needs. :^_^:
The ones i used are yours actually :heheh:

Jiffy

It's that time of year again! Last month we had some spectacular rooms (congratulations to VacantShade AND DigitalMantra who tied) and this month is no different. See below, and make your pick.

[spoiler=suku][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Digital_Mantra][/spoiler]

[spoiler=ProjectXVIII][/spoiler]

[spoiler=moehr]
[spoiler=Submission][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Media]Video[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=mccad]
[spoiler=Submission][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwul828sEj8[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=MetroidNerd#9001][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cloud20][/spoiler]

[spoiler=OneOf99][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Retroo][/spoiler]

I'm sure this will be one heck of a vote. Show me what you can do!  :^_^:

Hackmi

nodever2

Wow, some seriously stiff competition this month. Good job to everyone! You're making it so hard to choose a favorite :heheh:

FelixWright

dewhi100

Wow, every entry was decent! Multiple entries were spectacular.

[spoiler=Suku] I like it. Small but solid room, with a great palette.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dman]A seemingly simple room, until you look more closely at the background. The faces are great, and I hope this leverages Flexglow.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Project]So, so much going on. Where to even begin?

• Looks like La-Mulana's True Shrine of the Mother
  • At least 6 separate rooms in one
  • Spore Spawn?
  • One particularly phallic mushroom
  • The "cave entrance" in the top right looks off, perspective-wise. Excellent concept though.
  • I can't tell whether the orange growths in the foreground are part of the collision layer.
  • The doors which are blue on both sides are not needed.
  • Very, very impressive level of detail.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=moehr]The animations are good.The (wind vortex?) is shaped oddly, although I can't say that there's any better shape for it. Maybe if it wiggled like a snake? I think it's odd that the orb is stashed up in the corner, and the statue seems unnecessary and spoils the symmetry. It also crowds an already small space, although that may be by design. The mountains in the BG are excellent.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=mccad]Very beautiful tiles, and subtle animation. A nice spot to take a breather. Please publish this tileset or tell me where I can find it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetNerd]The purple wall seems VERY suspicious, and the lower right column with a seam in it slightly less so. I hope there's something back there. The room reminds me the Kihunter gauntlet rooms. The acid-covered spikes right in front of the door seem kind of trollish. Difficult to jump, and almost unavoidable when entering the room.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloud]The final jump between platforms looks tough, and when put at the end of a grapple path makes me triggered (I don't like grapple). The palette is great, but I would rethink using the green "X" tiles as they seem overused. I feel like making the room BG more solid would benefit the room more than the stripes that it has now. Although it would make traversal harder, the room would probably look better without the ceiling completely coated in grapple blocks. I like the look of the lower right spike ball. The BG kind of makes a circle around it, like it's been mounted on the wall. This room has potential to be much more.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=OneOf]The custom statues look great, as do the runes and BG. The room design is simple and elegant. This room would make me play a GBAtroid hack. Sign me up for testing.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo] Poor guy, getting trapped in the corner and dying! At least he collected the item (?) though. This is a solid Vanilla Brin room. My nitpick for this room is the ramp in front of the statue, although it's a minor gripe. I don't like bunny hopping. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=My Vote]Project. Although I am not 100% sold on the palette, I really want to explore this room/set of rooms.[/spoiler]

Quietus

Moehr for me. Makes me want to be there. :cool:

Also, LOL at me for not recognising my own slopes in Retroo's room 'cause the colours were changed. :lol:

Kazuto

Is it possible to have too many good entries? Because that's what this month is lookin' like.

Nice job everyone, this is actually a surprisingly tough vote to make!