News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - February 2020

Started by suku, February 02, 2020, 11:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should win ROTM for February 2020?

Conner
1 (3.6%)
Digital Mantra
11 (39.3%)
Latiusauro
0 (0%)
Mccad
1 (3.6%)
Metroidnerd
0 (0%)
Moehr
3 (10.7%)
Suku
1 (3.6%)
Vacant Shade Games
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

suku

[spoiler=submission]screenshot image from in game because of transparency effect
its meant to be a sort of fall into the abyss type of thing at the bottom
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=layer1][/spoiler]
[spoiler=layer2][/spoiler]
edit: updated submission image AGAIN, was finally assed enough to make it bigger with no blurry

LiquidDreams

Quote from: suku on February 02, 2020, 11:45:27 AM
[spoiler=submission]open in another tab so its not super close up so it doesnt look as bad  :yaynoes:
I need a better method for grabbing the room in game without it looking so meh, but I dont care enough right now
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444612289518239755/673568420633247754/suku-rotm-2.png
its meant to be a sort of fall into the abyss type of thing at the bottom[/spoiler]

It looks good up close, to be honest. I'd like to see it in-game, is that possible?

latiusauro

I'm going to submit this room - which is the very first room which I have made which isn't just a corridor or somewhat vertical shaft for the mini-hack I'm working on for Metroid Fusion. The current working title for it is 'Sector Zero', and I do intend for it to be set after the events of Fusion - hence why Samus has the SA-X Fusion Suit in the in-game screenshots provided.

[spoiler=Submission][/spoiler]
[spoiler=In game Screenshot #1][/spoiler]
[spoiler=In game Screenshot #2][/spoiler]

mccad

worked very hard on this room. This is my first submission, please be gentle  :blush: :blush: :blush: :pale: :=x: :=x: :oh: :oh: :^_^:
[spoiler]

ingame proof: [spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hackmi

mccad will win because ironic voting
JK HIS ROOMS AWESOME

Digital_Mantra

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Getting some very familiar vibes from that, like Echoes of Eris.

latiusauro

Yeah, I feel like I know who might win this for this month, and it's unlikely to be mine.

Moehr

More Proving Grounds stuff, Temple of Den:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Samus runs along the center of the textured diagonal surfaces and behind the hedge rows, for extra fun

Conner

The lack of Zero Mission rooms is disgusting. So here is a "small" ZM room!

Base tileset by OneOf99, edited by me.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hackmi

Wow you made that set look way better than it used to conner
But you're younger than me so it's bad

VacantShadeGames

Metroid Planets, with animated palettes and tiles!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Animated Gif:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hackmi

astonishing love it good designs nice colours perfect style looks more metroid than metroid

MetroidNerd#9001

The calendar gave everyone an extra day to submit, so I will take advantage of it.
Here's some Lower Norfair stuff.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

OneOf99

Wow, congrats to Vacant Shade Games for last month's win with quite the lead in votes! This month we have a full 8 rooms to vote on, with entries ranging between different hacks and fan games.

For rooms that were submitted with extra screenshots or gifs, those have been all included in the respective entree's spoiler tag.

[spoiler=Conner][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Digital Mantra][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Latiusauro]
[spoiler=Room][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Screenshot 1][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Screenshot 2][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mccad][/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetroidNerd][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Moehr][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Suku]
[spoiler=Room][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Layer 1][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Layer 2][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShadeGames]
[spoiler=Room][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Animated][/spoiler][/spoiler]

If you don't vote I will be legally obligated to delete metconst so don't be slacking now  :whoa:

MetroidNerd#9001

I love the palette in DMan's room, and the mixed tilesets blend so well! Definitely earned my vote!

dewhi100

[spoiler=Conner]Great snow tileset and perfectly legit room. I like the e-tank tunnel in particular. However, the pipe could integrate better. I don't like how the ends of it start so abruptly.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DMan]Fairly typical DMan level, looks amazing even with Black Brinstar. I do have to say I'm completely confused as to what's happening down below that grass and dirt level. The room could have just ended there.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Latiusauro]The least exciting Fusion tileset, though still valid. I'm triggered by the left corners of the room. Those look like they would make for some very awkward room transitions. Even if the lower door transitions to another room, the upper left corner remains. One final nitpick- the ladder doesn't transition into the mesh tiles very nicely (although I'm not sure if that's a problem in OG Fusion anyway).[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mccad]Make sure to post the face GFX in Resources.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetNerd]This could be a vanilla room, and the spikes aren't even overused. But where's the background? It's just not Norfair without a heat-wavy BG. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Moehr]Very cool concept, although I'm not a fan of the pastel palette or the same static-looking texture that seems to be everywhere. The bomb block midway up the left wall is intriguing. A hidden tunnel?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Suku]This room offends me strongly. It does do some things right though. The colors look good under the FX layer, and the white pixels look cool in the dark. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade]I'm voting for you again. This is just dope. I'm seeing nestroid gfx in a whole new way. My only criticism is that the cool blue color palette is better for a de-activated room (as opposed to blinking lights, conveyors, robots, monitors, etc). It still works though.[/spoiler]

latiusauro

Quote from: dewhi100 on March 01, 2020, 11:26:16 PM
[spoiler=Latiusauro]The least exciting Fusion tileset, though still valid. I'm triggered by the left corners of the room. Those look like they would make for some very awkward room transitions. Even if the lower door transitions to another room, the upper left corner remains. One final nitpick- the ladder doesn't transition into the mesh tiles very nicely (although I'm not sure if that's a problem in OG Fusion anyway).[/spoiler]

I didn't include the scrolls - because as I remember right, the rules state that you can't show them - but I have the scrolls set up so that it only scrolls the areas which you should be able to use. And... I can't remember if OG Fusion had anything like that offhand either.

In any case, looking at the rooms... I have to give my vote to VSG. Even though I do feel that it might be classed as two rooms.

OneOf99

Quote from: latiusauro on March 02, 2020, 01:21:07 AM
Quote from: dewhi100 on March 01, 2020, 11:26:16 PM

I didn't include the scrolls - because as I remember right, the rules state that you can't show them - but I have the scrolls set up so that it only scrolls the areas which you should be able to use. And... I can't remember if OG Fusion had anything like that offhand either.

In any case, looking at the rooms... I have to give my vote to VSG. Even though I do feel that it might be classed as two rooms.

You could have included the same room but with scrolls as one of your three additional images, of which you used two. I think your room is easy to understand without the scrolls though.

Metroid3D

Fangame gang. VacantShade's use of lighting with their tiles is awesome so it got my vote.

Hackmi

voted for vacant shade but was very tempted to vote for mccad (he's so cool!)