News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

There aren't nearly enough screenshots in this thread!
Just pointless posts like this one.
Soon I'll lose excitement when I see this topic has been posted in..

DSO

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 16, 2011, 11:33:12 PM
There aren't nearly enough screenshots in this thread!
Just pointless posts like this one.
Soon I'll lose excitement when I see this topic has been posted in..

Better upload something weird, then!

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oi-A57zCvc[/spoiler]

And again!

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s7a_lHaOSA[/spoiler]

Black Falcon

This is.. weird, indeed.
The second one is actually very impressive. I have absolutely no clue how you achieved that effect, but it looks damn nice.
I think this gives alot of new possibilities.
If you'd reverse that second one, it'd look as if you'd be in a capsule or something similar and it's mountings get cut off from it, making it 'fall down' immediately after (I think you got what I mean).

JAM

I've just realised that every slope in diagonal tunnel should be followed by 2 (not just one) square slopes (13 or 93) to prevent Horizontal Super Jump interrupting when flying at full speed.

Correct slope placement

Incorrect slope placement

Both are from the same room, 7ACF0. Try to do Horizontal Super Jump when escaping from rising lava and you'll see when your jump will be interrupted. Same for another side of tunnel.

Why you can just run there without problem? Because maximum Super Jump speed is more than twice greater than Speed Booster one.

I know, many people already know about this, but there are still those who don't know. These bugs existing even in original ROM. I wish this post be a part of guide for a newbies.

Black Falcon

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysmyd9SfiM[/spoiler]
People wanted new video, so here it is.
Nothing much to say.
Intro scenes can me moved around as hell, including the landing/exploding ceres etc. scenes.
I want to extract and copy some of them.
This way you can get
[spoiler]
                                    CUTSCENES! :O                                    

in your hack.
[/spoiler]

Download the patch here

Quietus

Cool.  That should make it much easier for people to just enter a basic story, or maybe some hack information, and then head straight into the action.

Damski

Okay im back again. I thought I'd make new enemies of my first hack. They are, of course, from Metroid 2. I tested the functioning of the enemies in the hack and I drew all the sprites/frame from the bottom. Some sprites are still under construction. These enemies come in my Ice cave which are still under way  :<_<:.

Here are the enemies that work in Super metroid.

New ice tileset.

Charmander106

Black falcon that is really awesome. Now we can tell our story then on to the hack!

Damski

Here it is Eyeball boss Wip.  I thought I'd change the phantom or Spore for this..

But I dont know hmm...

X-tradyte

Spore spawn. you could make it closed eyeball, and opened when vulnerable.

Damski

Quote from: DarkSamus on June 05, 2011, 11:18:11 AM
Spore spawn. you could make it closed eyeball, and opened when vulnerable.

Really good idea! But when the spore opens her mouth ... the middle section sprite is too small.. That is the problem.

Lunaria

Rewrite the tile table for more tiles.

Damski

Crashtour99

Sadiztyk Fish made a document about editing enemy tilemaps that can be found on the main site (documents section).

X-tradyte

Thanks for that, Damski, I just might make spore spawn into that for my Caverns mini boss. :)

MetroidMst

X-tradyte

Zhs2

No, it's an eggplant. Haven't you ever played Ice Climbers?

snarfblam

Quote from: Zhs2 on June 10, 2011, 04:31:24 PM
No, it's an eggplant. Haven't you ever played Kid Icarus?

fix'd

Actually, I guess you could name any of these.

BlackSnow2211

Haven't posted in 65309724 years but I've decided to finally give graphics editing a shot:

The pedestal thing the Missile is on was edited. Almost nothing now but hopefully due time should allow for more awful graphics like this.

Charmander106

That looks pretty good for your first... keep it up.

Fe

Pretty good? That's damn good, man. :yay: I'd love to see some more of this. You an artist?

Lunaria

Yeah that altar is pretty sweet looking, keep it up and make tiles in that style, you got something great going here.

BlackSnow2211

Mingled around with some more CRE tiles but was not satisfied with them, then I realized I never really liked this graphic in the original and spent a couple of hours whipping up some new ones. Hope it's pretty good. (It's a lot easier to notice in fullscreen)

And if you noticed by the video's title I have a hack in the works now :D You may see more posts with edits like these, but don't expect any progress logs on the hack until it is ready for a release. I just don't wish to have everyone know that a new hack is right around the corner and then have something come up and have to drop it all of a sudden.

EDIT: Revised the graphics to make them look more realistic and less choppy, removed the video from YouTube, and took a screenshot to demonstrate them instead. Definitely not my favorite edit, but I hope you enjoy.