The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

So, would that make it possible to have an elevator within the same room (no transitions) that could just go up and down between floors multiple times, for example?

Scyzer

Quote from: Quietus on February 23, 2011, 07:28:36 AM
So, would that make it possible to have an elevator within the same room (no transitions) that could just go up and down between floors multiple times, for example?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but if it's an elevator that starts and stops within the same room, then no.
This is an elevator that can either go up or down, but still requires a room transition.

Crashtour99

Since it might be useful to other people, I figured I'd put this out there.

Separate speed settings for Screwattack and Spacejump!

To customize the speeds just edit the defines at the start of the file.

begrimed

Sadiztyk made this, I just painted the GFX for it. Mini doors that can be used for tunnels, 1 tile large. Functions exactly like normal blue doors.

Scyzer

Grime did it! I was merely a tool to be used for his bidding!
Who would you blame? The bad Pokemon, or the bad trainer?

Quietus

Excellent.  I tried fiddling with this a while back, just using the outer two edges of the doors, for a two-tile-high door, but the darned thing kept opening in the floor.  :heheh:

Fe

Yay! My first public patch! :awesome:

Title: HighGravBlocks
Description: Adds special high gravity by touching Air Fool X-ray BTS 03, and takes it away when you touch Air Fool X-ray BTS 04.
Space Used: Some stuff in 7E (RAM). Uses debug code slot at $05D5 and writes the code at $F640.

Also, equipping Gravity Suit negates the effects of the high gravity. You can change some of the code to suit your hack;
wherever I put $1C, put your hack's normal gravity in air, and wherever I put $3C, put whatever amount of gravity you want (this is the gravity when HighGrav is on).

NOTE: Only affects gravity in air, not water or lava.

Crashtour99

Since it was suggested by pretty much everyone that saw it, I bring you

MORPHBALL GLOW
courtesy of Flamestar666
video of it in action
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObqIhWO5mxY[/spoiler]

It's currently set up so that it only glows if you have springball ability activated, but it can easily be edited to make it always glow (instruction in the file).  Keep in mind that in order for it to actually do anything, you'll need redraw your morph ball sprites in the ROM to have the Samus visor color in them (that's the color that it makes glow).

JAM

A patch allowing to mix Spazer and Plasma beams.

Finally, I decided to release it. Not everything done that I want, but there are already a lot of people who wanted it ASAP. So, here you go.

Free space usage: 9F61D..9FEE8.

Enjoy =)

X-tradyte

Yay JAM! :D I'll now try this on a non-edited ROM, just to make sure.Thanks, for the best patch ever.

Tried it, but when I shoot it freezes the game, I reckon you aren't finished yet, or what?

Zhs2

Rather late for one if it was - Plus, the poster lives in Russia, so even less reason for it to be an April Fool's joke.

JAM

Quote from: DarkSamus on April 01, 2011, 11:51:36 PM
Yay JAM! :D I'll now try this on a non-edited ROM, just to make sure.Thanks, for the best patch ever.
Thanks for the kind words. Now I'll need to finish it really.

Quote from: DarkSamus on April 01, 2011, 11:51:36 PM
Tried it, but when I shoot it freezes the game, I reckon you aren't finished yet, or what?
But it allows to mix these 2 beams, right? Then I told the truth =)

From 9F61D to 9FEE8 there are just garbage to fill space. Call this version 0.001 if you want =)

It can be cruel, but happy april fool day, anyway!

Now, to be serious... Completition rate is about 97.6% (not because I haven't done anything new in last several months, but because now is about 78 of 80 tasks are complete (with a lot of calculations) and several months ago is was like 39 of 40) and the patch will not working correctly before 99% will be done. So, no reason for now to release what I did anyway.

But I promise to finish it.

Yonowaaru
It just allows to mix beams in the menu (as been said), but that is all. Sorry!

Zhs2
Yup, it was a bit late. I wanted to patch it in the middile of april fool day (counting server time), but I was too busy and was able to access my CPU only at the end of the day. Sorry for causing too much confusion.

X-tradyte

Ok, :P And JAM, the palette for Spaxer and Plasma are all fraked up like Var beam and stuff, so could you please find a way to fix/make it possible to edit?

Zhs2

JAM

DarkSamus
Yes, I can do it. Don't worry =)

* JAM realises that my JAMMap is kinda useless and even buggy. No kidding. KejMap v1 is doing the same thing actually, but it's limited to $500 bytes. JAMMap is unlimited, but it overwrites the data.

X-tradyte

Thanks JAM =D Your the best, I'm gonna be gladz when its fully released. I don't know why they didn't make it mixable anyways....

herald83

Don't ask why I bothered to do this.  I was working on something related to suit palettes this morning and ended up spending my time putting this little document together.  Hopefully I can remember what I was trying to do...

Anyways, in case it's useful for anyone, here is the format of palette data contained in .tpl files.  It's actually very simple, and if you were motivated you could probably recreate this doc with about 5 minutes of work.  I'm only posting it because there's a slight chance that someone else might use it, which would in turn justify the time I wasted typing it out.  I guess you could use it to generate .tpl files outside of TLP or SMILE, if you wanted to.

JAM

It's been a long time I've posted there a stuff, so here you go:

4 bugfixes
Some of them were made a long time ago, but I was tired to write descriptions and it is a main reason of delay.

Please give credit.

1. Boss music fix
A patch that will set correct music after defeating Spore Spawn and Crocomiro.

This patch is using free space from 12F95A to 12F965, so be careful!

2. Golden Torizo code expansion
This patch will prevent the game from freezing when entering Golden Torizo code. If you have more than 7 energy tanks, you'll lose them and it will be displayed correctly. If you don't have Grapple or X-Ray, their icons will appear in the HUD.

I don't want to disable the code because it's a legacy of programmers who made this wonderful game and using this code allows to do "over 100%" runs without using Space/Time beam. Instead of this, I want to make this code works as it should do.

This patch is using free space from 1577D3 to 157809, so be careful.

3. Map Tiles fix
A patch that will move dots in certain map tiles to correct positions to be displayed in minimap flawlessly.

All BG dots that aren't overwrited by tile should be placed as in tile $1F. Don't use flipping for sloppy tiles. Paste them to the map "as is".

[spoiler=What was done][/spoiler]

4. Vanilla map fix
A patch that will move the map parts of Crateria to make Crateria and Wrecked Ship maps fit each other like puzzle parts and change diagonal tiles for Norfairian speed tunnel to fix errors in minimap displaying.

[spoiler=Screenshots]

Crateria

Using the right tiles in speed tunnel of Norfair[/spoiler]

Area texts and map location of save points are also moved. Explorable cluster map array for Crateria is also altered to work even without KejMap. X map coordinates for all rooms in Crateria were also changed to fit new map. Useful for vanilla hacks and hacks like Vanilla PLUS or Project Base.
[spoiler=2 Grime]For Project Base Extended there'll be a special version, so don't apply this yet.[/spoiler]

Use with caution. If your Crateria map was already changed, don't use this patch or it will corrupt your map. Same for Norfair.

Black Falcon

Skipping Ceres

As I promised, here's the patch.

If you don't know what this patch does, click this link.

Note: It marks the 'Ceres Ridley escaped' event as happened in order to make it work.

Absolutely no free space used.

Crashtour99

Awesome stuff Black Falcon!

And now as I test it out I find several glitches that I never noticed before (completely unrelated to your patch).   :mad:

Lunaria

Are you going to release the assembly so we can chain the events in any order we wish?

Black Falcon

Quote from: Crys on May 27, 2011, 05:46:46 PM
Are you going to release the assembly
Hm... I knew I forgot something..
DL link to .asm file below.

Quote from: Crys on May 27, 2011, 05:46:46 PM
so we can chain the events in any order we wish?
Well, that's a bit tough to describe..
The asm file pretty much does exactly what the patch does.
I don't think it'll really help you if you want to e.g. land on Ceres after landing on Zebes and things like that.
Though I added a small ton of info about the pointers to codes that run during the intro, but it will be very hard to non-asmers to get along with them.

However, switching the intro sequences (the black & white ones) is easily doable with SMILE.
Just open up SMILE's text editor and change <movie1> to e.g. <movie3> or something like that.
SMILE will automatically change codes for this.

If there are any questions/bugs feel free to ask here or send me a pm.

JAM

Black Falcon
Wow!  :whoa: This patch so amazing while being so small and simple! It should be in top 10 patch list ever, because it was very anticipated...

I've noticed that my Start with items patch isn't working correctly. Actually, it isn't working at all and crashes the game. Hell, there were 43 downloads. Why no one tell me that this thing is not working? Anyway, I don't know of what I was thinking of when writing this one, but now I made a fixed version in the same post here

Also, JAM Map v0.99 is too buggy. It causes problem with doors that are in the same room with Save Station after saving. SRAM data is also screwing up sometimes. Well, just use KejMap v1 instead