News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid - LotB - prologue FINISHED

Started by stat!k, August 04, 2010, 03:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what do you rate this hack?

1-2 crap
0 (0%)
3-4 meh
0 (0%)
5-6 its ok
5 (45.5%)
6-7 i like it
3 (27.3%)
8-9 its quite good
2 (18.2%)
10 i love this
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

VideoGeemer

Quote from: Phazar on August 08, 2010, 11:00:39 PM
I personally like the first("fatter") generator better because of the huge beam.  The laser looks more...powerful.

Agreed. That thick generator beam looked completely awesome. The thinner one is kinda "eh" IMO.

Also, I agree with some other commentors that the thing hovering in the middle of the doors is better removed. Although, I didn't think the original doors were all that bad to begin with.

VG

EDIT: Shit, it does say "finished" up there, doesn't it? Duhrr... I didn't see any post with an announcement or a .isp link or anything like that, so I hadn't even considered that. NOW I notice the .rar in the first post.

Hiroshi Mishima

Uhm, Geemer.. this is a finished hack. Most of the discussion from earlier in the thread is no longer pertinent to the discussion of the hack in general.

KT JDDD

Well let's go through a few things.

Graphics:  They weren't all the smoothest or most pleasing graphics.  However, you did get quite creative when it came to drawing rooms.  My favorite room in the entire hack is the Ridley boss battle room.

Bosses/enemies:  I felt that going through most of this hack with only power suit (unless I just couldn't find Varia suit) was a bit of an annoyance.  I took quite a bit of damage throughout the entire thing and died many a time when I forgot to pay attention to my health.  And there was a surprising lack of Bosses.  But at least you got my favorite in (Ridley).  But I fealt that Ridley was too strong (considering that I didn't have Varia suit).

Ending:  I almost thought I lost the game when Samus's ship didn't show up to escape.  It was just a blank screen with "The Operation was completed successfully."  My first clear time was 1:08.  And it was very confusing, trying to know if I played through the entire hack, since a lot of mini hacks and one-room hacks are considered 'complete' after you pick up a certain Item.  I feel like you should have an explaination that you should see the planet explosion once you beat the game in your txt (readme) file.

Exploration:   This is where I absolutely love this hack.  There is an insane amount of different paths you will never find unless you are an extreme searcher.  I had to dig in to SMILE to find where to go next.  Yes, I know this is definitely cheating, but I just couldn't find where to go.  This huge amount of exploration definitely says Metroid in a way that other hacks this short just don't get.  It by far surpasses my Super Metroid Blitz in exploration.

Exploration was definitely a big redeeming quality for this game.  8/10

stat!k

thanks KT,other suits are in the game, and are quite obvious too [spoiler]right after ridley IIRC[/spoiler] Also, the abrupt ending, [spoiler]we are talking about a 5 year old abandoned massive nuclear reactor that is unstable as it iswhat do you think would happen if you suddenly shut it off?[/spoiler] but anyway, thanks for the review, i love knowing what other people think of the things i do  :grin:

Digital_Mantra

1:18 / 38%

Quite a fun mini-hack.
I'd say it's the best quick-play/re-playable/mini-hack of 2010 so far.

Hiroshi Mishima

Insofar as I recall, it was the fact that you don't get a new suit until after Ridley that was kind of annoying. He was definitely a wake-up call compared to the more leisurely feel or pace of the main part of the game.