News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Dark

Started by X-tradyte, June 27, 2010, 03:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which music should be in Dark for a Boss

Rundas Battle - MP3
3 (9.7%)
Chykka Larva Battle - MP2
3 (9.7%)
Meta Ridley Battle - MP
2 (6.5%)
DarkSamus knows how to make music?
23 (74.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

X-tradyte

Thanks Again Quietus!  :grin: Your Very Helpful.

X-tradyte

Another Screen, A Just Recent One, Finished This Room Today.
[spoiler= Western Sky Temple][/spoiler]

Edit: Sorry For Double Posting.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lunaria

Well, I must admit that this looks like a very interesting room. =)

X-tradyte

Yeah, Most of My Room's Will Be Interesting, And When I'm Done My Map, I'll Show That To People Too.

X-tradyte

YAY! Phantoon Boss Battle Complete!! Fight Him in Western Sky Temple! Also More New Pics

[spoiler=Chamber Gateway][/spoiler]

[attachment deleted by admin]

X-tradyte

NO!!!! My Rom Data Is Gone! All Gone! Because I Put Too much IPS Patches On It! I Guess I'll Start From Scratch.  :sad:

squishy_ichigo

you didn't make any backups?  And what exactly is broken? Most of the time its fixable stuff, unless you really fucked something up.

X-tradyte

I Don't Know What's Broken, SMILE Says it's A PAL Rom And Won't Work. So, I'm Gonna Start Later On

gunnargumpert

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 04, 2010, 12:38:20 AM
I Don't Know What's Broken, SMILE Says it's A PAL Rom And Won't Work. So, I'm Gonna Start Later On

easy darling

just take a clean rom, go to the end an than, add 1 ore more byte. now try to open the rom!

that's the only thing, which makes you failing, opening the rom. just copy the leveldata somwhere, fix the ROM size to full Banks and expand it in smile. now copy the room back - you got it.

explenation: if a rom is not made of FULL banks (for example jus 1 byte to long) smile won't open it. but it should still work with an emulator. you just have to fix the size of the rom... easy, if you understand

Katelyn

I have my own question. Why did you apply so many IPS patches to your ROM? You really don't need that many.  :<_<:

X-tradyte

Quote from: gunnargumpert on July 04, 2010, 05:00:52 AM

easy darling

just take a clean rom, go to the end an than, add 1 ore more byte. now try to open the rom!

that's the only thing, which makes you failing, opening the rom. just copy the leveldata somwhere, fix the ROM size to full Banks and expand it in smile. now copy the room back - you got it.

explenation: if a rom is not made of FULL banks (for example jus 1 byte to long) smile won't open it. but it should still work with an emulator. you just have to fix the size of the rom... easy, if you understand
Won't Work With The Emulator Ether.
Quote from: Shadox on July 04, 2010, 10:47:18 AM
I have my own question. Why did you apply so many IPS patches to your ROM? You really don't need that many.  :<_<:
I Didn't Know It Couldn't Hold That Many. I Put On 4 And I Wish I Could REWIND Back To When I Did It.

gunnargumpert

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 04, 2010, 10:54:00 AM
Quote from: gunnargumpert on July 04, 2010, 05:00:52 AM

easy darling

Won't Work With The Emulator Ether.
Quote from: Shadox on July 04, 2010, 10:47:18 AM
I Didn't Know It Couldn't Hold That Many. I Put On 4 And I Wish I Could REWIND Back To When I Did It.

your problem is, you just pointed the leveldata out of the size of the rom. the rom ends at 2FFFFF, but your pointer was written at something like this: 2FF4A0

now, if you make a room bigger than about 1200 bytes, the rom is at it's limit,but smile will write the full roomdata - the rom now ends at something like 300FA0 - this isn't the end of a full bank.

you'll habe to write FF's in the hexeditor, until you reached the end of the next bank, that means, for example:
$30:7FFF

ore you'll delete all data after 2FFFFF, but the room would be destroyed

just write the FF's like i said (this is repairing the rom) and than expand the rom (Smile; Tools --> Expand Rom), until smile says, it already is at bank FF.

Short:

Repair and Expand the ROM

X-tradyte

Ok, I'll Try It. If It Don't Work I'ma Sue You.

For Trying to Fix it With Nothing.

Then You'll Have To Help Me Rebuild it :^_^:

Katelyn

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 04, 2010, 12:58:48 PM
Ok, I'll Try It. If It Don't Work I'ma Sue You.

For Trying to Fix it With Nothing.

I don't recall Gunnar doing anything bad to your hack? >_>

X-tradyte

He Will If This Doesn't Work. I'm at 600000 Hex Data Right Now, 100000 to Go :)

gunnargumpert

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 04, 2010, 12:58:48 PM
just make a ips patch of your ROM, give it to me, i'll take a look at that.

i'm trying to do my best, but i'll sure be able to meke it possible.

[spoiler=Tip]Use Lunar IPS, to make the Patch, becaus Smile doesn't work right now.[/spoiler]

X-tradyte

Ok, I'll Give you The Rom To Look At, This Is My last Hope Before I Start From Scratch, Then My Demo Will Be In September And My Release Will Be Later Dates, With Different Maps, Unless I Remember It.

Edit: Here's The Patch to Anybody Who Wants to Try to Fix It. And if not, Here's The Patch for Gunnar.

Phazar

Holy freespace Batman!  Looks like you expanded the ROM way beyond what you needed when you didn't even need more free space.  You'd need a way to revert the ROM to the original space limit.

X-tradyte

gunnargumpert

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 04, 2010, 03:41:43 PM
How Do I Do That?

when did you start hacking? some of your knwledges are still beginner likely:

A Snes ROM ALWAYS has a limit to 4Mb! that means bank 80 - FF

i postet a rapeir ips, just patch it, it should remove all. you now just can contine your hacking, but remember: the IPS is headerless.

i removed all "bits and bytes" after 3FFFFF - the end off bank FF.

EDIT!!!!:

wrong, the patch doesn't remove the FF's, it just includes your hack, so you'll need to use a clean, but still headerless ROM. have fun and feel free to ask   :^_^:

Edit2:

from 000001 - 008140: you broke some things in this "section" copy all data 1:1 from another CLEAN rom, to repair it, ore your hack won't start, after you opend the emulator.

A question: how (And why) did you break the rom header? that's reason number 2, not to work in an emulator.

X-tradyte

THANK YOU GUNNAR!! It Works :D I Can Continue With My Rom :)

Smiley

Excellent work, Gunnar. :yay:
Just remember to take out that patch before someone steals it. It's never nice if someone steals your work.

DS:
Judging from the screenshots, this hack might become a good one.
I really love that "Western Sky Temple" shot. That room is awesome!

By the way, does this hack take place on Aether?
Sky Temple and Agon Wastes...

X-tradyte

Yes, it does actually. You'll get to see some of my hack in August, By then it will be half done.

gunnargumpert

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on July 05, 2010, 07:28:26 AM
Excellent work, Gunnar. :yay:
Just remember to take out that patch before someone steals it. It's never nice if someone steals your work.

i remember this, there was an idiot, that wanted to steel codes. who was it?  :lol:

X-tradyte

Steal Codes? Who'd do that? Someone steals my work then I KILL THEM.  :^_^: