News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Random Hacks I Found

Started by Altzan, April 24, 2010, 02:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altzan

I came across a zip containing some hacks. Some I recognize, some I don't.

IIRC, I could use Lunar IPS to grab IPS files out of them if anyone's curious over a certain few. I believe it's not against forum rules to share IPS's?

Anyhoo, here be the list.

JAM

I saw this 27M (or so) pack too.
Most of hacks can be downloadable from other sources, but on the other hand, first rule of hacker: make a copy. Always.

Some of hacks have permastucks (M-N, Grapple, SFI), some of them have later versions (Ice), but I think that one more copy will no harm anyone.

Just rename *.fig to *.smc and you can create IPS file with SMILE too.

Lunaria

Oh god "M-N"

If that's my hack maridia/norfair then I want it NOW!

I thought it was lost in time!

Yonowaaru

I've heard of most of them, but I'm interested in I guess Bicho, M&N and SAC.
Never heard of those...

Lunaria

It's not against the forum rules to upload patches, but... tell me where you got the zip (even if it's over PM or irc or whatever!)

Altzan

Quote from: Crys
Oh god "M-N"

If that's my hack maridia/norfair then I want it NOW!

I thought it was lost in time!

[spoiler]The M-N hack is where Norfair is full of water, Maridia full of lava... yours, then?
My brother's face when we saw what you did to Maridia  was hilarious, he didn't see it coming :whoa:[/spoiler]

Quote from: CrysIt's not against the forum rules to upload patches, but... tell me where you got the zip (even if it's over PM or irc or whatever!)

Before I found this forum, I was looking for some SM hacks. My search got me to a Rapidshare search engine, and one of the files it found on rapidshare was a .zip called "Super Metroid Hacks" or something. These were all in it.

I'm about to go to driving class. When I get back, I'll try to make and post some IPS's.

Lunaria

Quote from: Altzan on April 24, 2010, 07:46:44 AM
The M-N hack is where Norfair is full of water, Maridia full of lava... yours, then?
My brother's face when we saw what you did to Maridia  was hilarious, he didn't see it coming :whoa:

Yeah it's my hack. It was based of this idea posted by a user on SCU:
QuoteThis may be totally out-there and absurd, but I always had a big 'what if' in my mind.

What if, when you blow up the glass tunnel to get into the lower parts of Maridia... you somehow cause all the water to come crashing through the door and down the elevator shaft in the next room, flooding Norfair in the process. Then you'd have Norfair filled with water, and Maridia drained but hot-as-hell from all the steam rushing up out of Norfair. This would probably kill everything in each area. Hell, it would probably ruin Samus' day too, as she'd be sucked into Norfair by an unbelievably crushing torrent of water.

Original release topic on acmlm board: Link

Altzan

Here's M-N, hopefully - I didn't have the time to run all the way to Maridia Tunnel to see if it worked proper. The ROM itself did open when I tested the patch.
I used unheadered JU.

Linked rather than uploaded due to size.

Altzan

Apologies for the doublepost.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in creating these IPS's... they all come out at about 2.6 megabytes. I must be using the wrong ROM each time. They should still work though.

Anyhow, here's the other IPS's that aren't already linked in the forum:
SM II
SFI
Screwed and Chopped
Limit
Ice
Grapple
Bicho
SM Easy

I don't know what ROMs each should be applied to, but try an undeadered JU first.

Linky

PS: Ignore the foldername, it doesn't contain actual ROMs.

Scyzer

Quote from: Altzan on April 25, 2010, 12:06:37 AM
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in creating these IPS's... they all come out at about 2.6 megabytes. I must be using the wrong ROM each time. They should still work though.

Copy your CLEAN rom, and apply an IPS patch one of them. If the patch works correctly, then create an IPS using the copy of that same clean rom as a mirror. If the patch is still 2.6MB, then someone made a LOT of changes lolz

zephyrtronium

It sounds to me like a patch that is 2.6MB is one that is created on a header mismatch - the modified ROM is headered and the original used in patching is unheadered, or the other way around.

Altzan

Quote from: uNsane on April 25, 2010, 10:24:02 AM
It sounds to me like a patch that is 2.6MB is one that is created on a header mismatch - the modified ROM is headered and the original used in patching is unheadered, or the other way around.

Wouldn't that break the ROM functionality?
And I am loath to believe that every single ROM in that pack is headered, although I concede it is possible  :neutral:

EDIT: JAM led me to another hack, here's an IPS for it:
Metroid Hiroshi Boss Rush

Silver Skree

Hey, that's one of my early ones...

Hiroshi Mishima

Lolz, that was made for me specifically, too. How the hell'd it wind up somewhere else? o_O

thelicker

I think I have all the problems of the lacking download of the hacks solved.
In a long time ago, I created this *EDITED TO REMOVE ROM LINK. SORRY*
And well, there have ALL the hacks I found in all the Internet, except Bicho, M/N and SAC and a few more (you can find those "few more" in Metroid 2002 Forum, but I think those "few" are just 1 or 2)
Reminding, ALL the roms are already patched.

Quietus

Um, linking to ROM's is very, very not good for your health.  I'd suggest removal of that link before it's seen.

thelicker

Why?  :whoa:
This topic have many links.

Malpercio

Linking ROMs is one of the hugest taboos of hacking because, technically, the ROMs themselves are illegal, modded or not. The links in this thread aren't to the ROMs themselves, but IPS files which are like documentations of the changes you/another hacker made, so IPS patches are fine, because it's all your stuff.

thelicker

Sorry then, I didn't knew it.
Please, some mod can delete my post?

Quietus

It doesn't need deleting.  Just click the 'modify' button to the right, and edit out the link yourself.

thelicker

Nah dude. If I remove the link, the post will make no sense.

Quietus

I know.  It's just better that you make the effort to remove it, before they come a-spanking! :grin:

Maybe just change it to something like "Edited to remove ROM link.  Sorry!"

Altzan

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on April 27, 2010, 02:45:42 PM
Lolz, that was made for me specifically, too. How the hell'd it wind up somewhere else? o_O

...The internet, I guess  :lol:

Parabox

I thought the uploading/distributing of ROMs was illegal, but downloading not. Oh well.